CALLING ALL SPORT MODS

lilmodified

I can't imagine why they are not taking off on asphalt either????????We have had a blast with ours this season racing full fields at every track we have been to.I believe the class will take off once everyone finds out how much bang for the buck these little cars offer.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sandersracing...that's the spirit!! lol! the more we have the better!

there is NOTHING more exciting in racing than 18 or 20 of these cars at a track...u get the heat races, then the thunderous feature! it's always awesome!

and, i think the biggest problem getting the dirt drivers to the asphalt tracks is not really knowing how easy it is to swap the setup for asphalt...but, i'd love to see more of them ....

and, thr's website is shut down...i read that they were switching servers, so hopefully they will be back up soon....

sandersracing...that's the spirit!! lol! the more we have the better!

there is NOTHING more exciting in racing than 18 or 20 of these cars at a track...u get the heat races, then the thunderous feature! it's always awesome!

and, i think the biggest problem getting the dirt drivers to the asphalt tracks is not really knowing how easy it is to swap the setup for asphalt...but, i'd love to see more of them ....

and, thr's website is shut down...i read that they were switching servers, so hopefully they will be back up soon....

hoping to get the rest of the rest of the parts for the 88 tomorrow and finish it on wednesday, and race sat

but the set-ups and rules are confusing from track to track, too....

once again THR is IMCA! what's confusing about that?

not harping at you , just getting frusterated with it being made harder to understand that it actually is.

i do appreciate what you are wanting to do......i've only ran 2 races in this class and it is a blast. i also think this class has alot of potential to be a VERY BIG thing. for the life of me i can not understand why it's not taking off, BUT then when i come on here all i hear are excuses and confusion. THAT does'nt make sense to me.

Are you racing sportmods now? So how many cars you got now? What time and day do you guys race now. What classes are being run there?

mr. mayor! i was starting to wonder and worry that the goat might have talked you into something that concluded with beautiful pictures with chalk board knecklaces.

we run race trucks ,supers and sport mods.

THR is running anything you could want to see. dwarfs,pro sedans, naskarts, mini stock , supers, hobbies or thunders, grand stock, pro mods. , tsrs, sport mods. , trucks. .....

man i have seriously been wondering where you've been. hope to see you saturday,,,,,,you can class the place up , just leave the goat at city hall.

G60's aren't unsafe at CC. I can't speak for other asphalt tracks, but these tires hold up fine at CC. If the tires are burning up it is more likely a set up or driver problem. It has been mentioned a few times, this is a neat class, but you let the rules get tweaked here and there, next thing you know you have an aspalt limited modified class. There are hundreds of these cars at dirt tracks, because its roots are dirt tracks. Change the rules at the aspalt tracks and drivers will be discouraged to make an effort to run at the asphalt track. Besides the expense of having two sets of tires and wheels, its just the point that the rules should be the same for both tracks to make it as easy as possible to run both tracks.

Whether you run a G60 or an asphalt tire, you would still have to buy new tires. The 500's are the dirt tire for the limited. And yes they are unsafe. They have no side wall and the tread is too soft for asphalt. The G60 would be a decent tire if everybody was on them, but since you'd have to buy tires anyway, might as well go with the slick that will last longer.

alright, y'all...who's ready for thr tomorrow night???? i can't wait!! i've heard that we get a few more sport-mods on the track! yeeee-hawwwww!!!! i wish we could get bout 20 of 'em, but i'm glad we have what we have...

i just hope the r*** (can't say the word) stays away this time! didn't get to be at texana last week because of it, dangit!

and, thanks in advance to those of you that are gonna be at thr!!

good luck to everyone!

alright, y'all...who's ready for thr tomorrow night???? i can't wait!! i've heard that we get a few more sport-mods on the track! yeeee-hawwwww!!!! i wish we could get bout 20 of 'em, but i'm glad we have what we have...

i just hope the r*** (can't say the word) stays away this time! didn't get to be at texana last week because of it, dangit!

and, thanks in advance to those of you that are gonna be at thr!!

good luck to everyone!

still have not got my last 3 parts to get the car on the track :( hope they get here tonight waiting on ups to show up

on side note the motor runs great.

What parts do you need? You may have better luck getting someone to bring them to the track. You should know by know if UPS has them tonight - tracking is a wonderful thing.

Let us know what you need. We'll help if we have it.

What parts do you need? You may have better luck getting someone to bring them to the track. You should know by know if UPS has them tonight - tracking is a wonderful thing.

Let us know what you need. We'll help if we have it.

tracking says out for delivery, I need to power steering fittings and hoses, I forgot to order them when i ordered the new pump.

heya, everyone!!

went racin' last night at thr, and he did it again! don painter (10d) blew the field away for the first 14 laps...shawn paul caught up at the competition yellow, but he couldn't quite pull it out...

this was don's 3rd win in a row (can we say "hat trick"? :P ) and that little hot rod was smokin' again! congrats, don! good job!

on, the other hand...we still only had 4 cars there....what happened to everyone else? the 88 of sandersracing was not there, but i know he was waiting on some power steering connectors that may not have arrived in time....

they did say saturday night, tho, that the track is doing some talking and thinking trying to come up with some ways to get more sport-mods on the track...this is a class that they are really trying hard to grow on the asphalt....and, i really hope that more of you dirt drivers will consider, at least, trying the asphalt...just see how it goes...

i've also heard that they are paying more attention to the rules and set-ups on the cars to keep them consistent and up to par w/the way the "true" sport-mods are supposed to be...and, that will help

as for the other classes...it was a great time...very entertaining and a lot of fun! the late models roared, as always...all the stock classes did a great job...the always fun and entertaining "dwarf cars" have made my 15 yr. old decide she wants to race! lol hmmm......and, of course, the naskarts...can't forget these little guys!

a huge THANK YOU to all the drivers/crews that braved the rain (and were patient enough to be there when it ended) to put on a great show for us!!! and, another huge THANK YOU to all the fans that did the same thing to hang out and support the track!!

can't wait for the next one!

Archived