WHO IS THE MOST DOMINATING DRIVER YOU HAVE EVER SEEN AT TEXANA?

bigracer

THERE HAS BEEN MANY DOMINATING DRIVERS OVER THE YEARS LIKE PAUL WHITE IN THE MODS, JASON FITCH IN THE SUPER STOCKS, BRUCE HERTA IN THE DWARFS, GREG SEXTON LAST YEAR IN THE DWARFS, OR MAYBE BRUCE TESCH THAT 1 YEAR IN THE LATE MODELS. OUT OF THESE PEOPLE WHO DO YOU THINK WERE THE MOST DOMINATING OR IS THERE SOMEONE ELSE WHO SHOULD BE ADDED TO THIS LIST???

Ooooooh. That is a good question. This should be a good thread. I know Texana Raceway Park and prior to that Texana Raceway has a lot of good history. I started going to the track in 2002 or 2003, but have heard a lot of great stories about the years prior to that.

I know Kevin Migura was also awesome in Late Models, I'm thinking in 2006. Adam Perks and Scott Turner come to mind in both Street Stocks and Super Stocks. Michael Harp was pretty dominating in Bombers in 2004. Justin Bloom was a dominant force in mini's during his last 2 years in the class. Right now, Paul is definitely a force in mods and Jason Bloom is very hard to beat in mini's unless he gets hit with bad luck. I do remember watching Bruce win a lot of Late Model features in 2003 if I'm remembering correctly.

My personal vote for dominance from brief personal history of watching races at Texana would have to be Migura. As best I can remember, it seemed like if he was there, he was an almost guarantee to win.

I also wonder who has won the most features in a single season throughout the history of Texana. I was fortunate enough to win 9 features in Bombers in 2006 out of the 13 regular season points nights we ran that season, with the car pictured below (loved that car). But I'd bet over the history of Texana there's been more features than that won in a single season, and I'd suspect someone won every feature in a single season.... Does anyone know?

4513200-R1-039-18.jpg

-Monty

Wow, that's impressive on Tesch and Herta. I knew Bruce Tesch was good in the late model, but had no idea he was that good. In all the time I've been around him, he's never brought that up like a lot of us do going back in our past. And, if Herta won every heat and every feature in a single season, that would just about be impossible to duplicate, so that truly is dominance.

Let us not forget Kevin Durham in the Late models, and in the pure stock. Sean Hanson in the Hot Stock Trucks. And go way back to "wild" Amos Zatapec in his modified Camaro. Those were the good old days. B)

Let us not forget Kevin Durham in the Late models, and in the pure stock. Sean Hanson in the Hot Stock Trucks. And go way back to "wild" Amos Zatapec in his modified Camaro. Those were the good old days. B)

Does anyone remember Tim Harp In the "BEAST" Green Truck ? He was one of the dominant drivers also. Last year in the Dwarfs Frank Fruia . I also agree with Monty, over the years there have been dominant drivers and there have been the ever consistant drivers that are there every week in the top 5 .

I'M ALMOST POSITIVE THAT BRUCE TESCH WON 13 OUT OF 14 (OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT) AND BRUCE HERTA IN THE DWARFS WON EVERY HEAT AND FEATURE ALL YEAR LONG HE GETS MY VOTE.

Sounds like you're right on the money. Your memory is good! I talked with Tesch today and found out he had 11 straight feature wins and 33 straight total wins, which would have been 11 nights of heats, pursuits (back when they did those), and features. Thus the 13 out of 14 features sounds right on the money. I've been working with him at the track for close to 3 years now and never had any idea he had that streak. I just knew he had several wins. Pretty cool for the track owner to have that driving history.

Back in 2000 when there was 3 races a night, out of 36 races Adam won 24 of them, 7 feature wins. In 2001 out of 39 races, I won 25 of them, 6 feature wins. Monty you got both of us beat on feature wins for a season. Great job, looking forward to you being out there this weekend. :D

Back in 2000 when there was 3 races a night, out of 36 races Adam won 24 of them, 7 feature wins. In 2001 out of 39 races, I won 25 of them, 6 feature wins. Monty you got both of us beat on feature wins for a season. Great job, looking forward to you being out there this weekend. :D

Sure had fun that year and got the chance to live some dreams that were some 20 years in the making. But, I had a lot of luck on my side, plus a lot of help from my old buddy Johnny Thomas. You and Adam are just "plum" good drivers. If y'alls Nova could talk, wouldn't it have some tales to tell of it's life on the Texana dirt. But, looks like Tesch and Herta got us all beat.

By the way, good run last Saturday. I was sure hoping you could get the win to compliment your birthday and Mothers Day Weekend, but a solid 2nd ain't too bad. Not sure I'm gonna get to race this Saturday either, but we'll see... We'll definitely have Lauren there.

THERE HAS BEEN MANY DOMINATING DRIVERS OVER THE YEARS LIKE PAUL WHITE IN THE MODS, JASON FITCH IN THE SUPER STOCKS, BRUCE HERTA IN THE DWARFS, GREG SEXTON LAST YEAR IN THE DWARFS, OR MAYBE BRUCE TESCH THAT 1 YEAR IN THE LATE MODELS. OUT OF THESE PEOPLE WHO DO YOU THINK WERE THE MOST DOMINATING OR IS THERE SOMEONE ELSE WHO SHOULD BE ADDED TO THIS LIST???

Lets not forget Aaron Hudgens in the limited modified. Probably leads in feature wins in this class. Until his illness was the one to beat at Texana. Talking to him he will back in his modified in 2 weeks. Also Wade Moyer who does not race locally at this time but was someone to contend with when on the track. Had some good runs last fall in the Hudgens owned modified & limited. Is currently driving for car owner out of Hot Springs Ark. He is also back & forth to Richard Childress shop helping set up Clint Bowyer Late Model For Jared Landers. Trying to get him to be in Edna in Nov. with his Shaw by Moyer Mclain cabinets Mullins Engines sponsered Modified.

• 1 month later...

Archived