Modifieds not running this week

dirthammer

I was informed by Cassie today that the Modifieds are not scheduled to run this week. If anyone is interested in running next week please let it be known . The Web site shows them on the schedule this week but that is incorrect.

I hope that more mods will commit to running @ I 37 SOON !!!

Mod 68

Thats a real bummer and I hope not a growing trend. :( Where did all those Modified car owners go? It seemed as if I-37 was getting between 8-10 showing up each week with the exception of last week that was down to 4. :unsure:

You're pretty close, Will Race. Last year I-37 averaged 8.6 Mods per race, with the Sport Mods averaging 13.4 per race. But the cost of running a Mod versus a Sport Mod in today's economic climate may be deterring them.

We only had eight sport mods for the opening race this year, but then had 14 the second race and 15 for the third. The average entry through three races may be only 12.3, but if they keep it up they'll beat last season's average.

I tend to wonder how many spectators know or care what the difference is between a Mod and a Sport Mod, just as I'm not sure most of the pavement spectators know the difference between a Limited Late Model and a Super Late Model.

when only 4 showed up last week it is kind of pointless.

What's pointless about wanting to race after traveling 2 1/2 hours to come to this track and race. I'm not sure if they even offered but I hope they gave the drivers an option to race for less money.

Saturday Night May 9th 2009, Edna TX, We will be running Modifieds, and Sport Mods. We been having some good races here lately, 800.00 to win in Mods, 500.00 for second. Sport / Limited Mods 700.00 to win. 450.00 for second! :o Come join the fun. Texana Raceway Park. www.texanaracewaypark.org :D

actually for their heat race it was a 1 car exibition race. sucks for him cause he still paid to get in and haul to the track, only to not be able to race cause 1 car on the track is not a race.

the track did give the drivers their money back,plus tow money and offered to give back any pit fees paid by the crew, I thought this was a nice offering on their part. I think the fans know the 3 wheel riden mods from the sport mods although i think the racin is a little better in the sportmods.

I feel that the management at I 37 is trying like heck to promote this track, with or without the Modifieds. I hope that others will find time to support this awesome track and help get it back to what it was years ago. Jim and Cassie, keep up the good work and let me know when the modifieds are scheduled again.

i agree. nobody is perfect and there will always be something to complain about. but it looks like they are trying real hard to make it work for everybody. thanks for all the hard work.

I KNOW ONE THING, I AM HEADED HOME TO NAP, LOAD MY STUFF AND HEAD SOUTH, SEE YALL AROUND 7:30. :)

NICK THANK YOU FOR COMING TO 1-37 WITH YOU AND YOU CREW I THINK YOU ALL DO A GRATE JOB AND I WILL HAVE A GULF CART THER SO YOU DONT HAVE TO WALK WITH YOUR OLD KNEES HAPPY -B-DAY AND THANK YOU LSS

Just got back to the house in SA. Great night at I-37. Kinda a full moon night for the SportMods, but there was some really good racing between the yellows. We did live updates from the track - all except the Pure Stock feature which we missed to hurry down to get the SportMod winner and runner up on video.

Also had a very informative 18 minute conversation with Jim Knudtson which we'll post at some point in the future.

Nick

Saturday Night May 9th 2009, Edna TX, We will be running Modifieds, and Sport Mods. We been having some good races here lately, 800.00 to win in Mods, 500.00 for second. Sport / Limited Mods 700.00 to win. 450.00 for second! :o Come join the fun. Texana Raceway Park. www.texanaracewaypark.org :D

also at texana tonight there will be a $100 dollars added to the purse for anybody who can beat Paul white in mods or limiteds and it will keep growing by $100 until someone beats him

Archived