HEY I 37

sm44

Well, we get on here, bitch and moan and very seldom do we ever say good job. Last night i skated up into the tires and rolled my mod, yes the one i bought 4 days ago, whos the dumb ass? It all was in slow motion. I took the time to count in seconds how long it would take the safety crew to get to me, less than 10 seconds. At this time i could see fuel leaking out my carb and started to get in a hurry. The safety crew advised me the car could go all the way over(i was on my side) and to wait untill they got the car stabilized. I do not know for sure but i would say i was out of the car in less than 30 seconds. Just wanted to take the time and say to the safety crew and officials at I37 thank you and a good job.

Now, whos bright idea is it to build a wall out of tires, slopping back so that they resemble a ramp from dukes of hazard? If the tire wall was at least straight up and down then you would hit it but not climb the wall. Two races this year, five roll overs and four of them in the same place, this thing could be on engineering disasters. Please look at the concept of this and change it, Cassie call me, i know how to fix it, I saw it work first had, tag it with your rear bumper, get the front thrown into the ramp and kiss everything else good by. This should have been a very routine tag the wall that turned into a roll over.

Paul (RBSF), and Greg, thank you for alerting the tracks and public of safety at tracks, i don't know what would of happened last night without them and really do not want to think about it.

As far as mod car count goes, my wife asked me not to take the mod to 37 because of that wall and roll overs, guess who is in the dog house. Untill that thing is fixed/adressed my wife has said no mod at 37, the count went from 4 to 3.

Yea....one way to fix them ....get them out of there. You would have to reconstruct the turns but that track need a run off of some sort. A hot pit area. Build a burm on the inside and get rid of the tires........I have to say track look good sure did miss them big boys flying around the track. We need those MODS BACK..... :(

SM44, I appreciate the positive comments, and constructive criticism for a fix to help prevent future occurences. That's exactly the idea. You have no idea how much I would rather read a story like yours, than the ones I get all cranked up about. The track I visited last night had a crew/truck that don't get anything other than a pass to the stands for their family, and I sensed a real frustration on the team lead's part, they are there because no one else would, and it gets old, but they do it. Fortunately they only race a couple times a month. I gave the guy a 20 and told him to buy his crew some supper at least. We really do need to recognize these volunteers, they may get paid some at the track, but they help keep us a bit safer in our communities also. I bet you buy a coke next time you see them, huh! ;)

The infield tires dont do much but tear up cars. There are not enough of them to stop a car from going into the infield. I have been a victim :angry: and seen many cars tore up due to them :ph34r: . A berm would seem to be better. The track surface looked in real good shape last night.

The only real fix would be a guard rail or wall of some sort around the top. During a practice a car went over in turn 3 and 4. Nobody was hurt but still a pretty good drop back there if you happen to goe sideways< it would be a pretty good barrell role. There isnt much lighting out in that pasture in 1 and 2 or the backstretch. The track is doing a great job of modifying and improving. That kind of job is definiteley an off-season job. I haven't had the oppertunity to race yet this year, but during practice that pature worries me more than a wall. Over all the track is doing a great job. REMEMBER> GOTTA CRAWL BEFORE YOU CAN WALK> baby steps.

I WAS THERE LAST NIGHT LIKE YOUR SELF I AM A RACER BUT I CANT AFFORD TO RACE AT THIS TIME BUT I WAS OUT THERE HELPING ON MY OWEN TIME AND I WAS THE 1ST ONE TO GET TO YOU TO HELP YOU OUT I DO IT BECAUSE I LOVE THE SPORT AND IF I CAN HELP I WILL ALSO I37 IS TRYING ITS BEST BUT LIKE SOME ONE SADE BABY STEPS U CANT WIN ON THE 1ST LAP AND U CANT BUILD IT IN ONE NIGHT THEY GIVE US A PLACE TO PLAY LIKE BIG KIDS SO HAVE FAITH IN THEM IT IS ONLY THE 2 YEAR

post-9510-1241326635.gif

post-9510-1241326650.gif

I WAS THERE LAST NIGHT LIKE YOUR SELF I AM A RACER BUT I CANT AFFORD TO RACE AT THIS TIME BUT I WAS OUT THERE HELPING ON MY OWEN TIME AND I WAS THE 1ST ONE TO GET TO YOU TO HELP YOU OUT I DO IT BECAUSE I LOVE THE SPORT AND IF I CAN HELP I WILL ALSO I37 IS TRYING ITS BEST BUT LIKE SOME ONE SADE BABY STEPS U CANT WIN ON THE 1ST LAP AND U CANT BUILD IT IN ONE NIGHT THEY GIVE US A PLACE TO PLAY LIKE BIG KIDS SO HAVE FAITH IN THEM IT IS ONLY THE 2 YEAR

I agree 100% IT TAKES TIME AND A LOVE THAT KEEPS BRINGING US BACK after my re educating of drivers I would love to be a mud rat JAY MRAZEK SAS #81 THE WOOKIE

I agree 100% IT TAKES TIME AND A LOVE THAT KEEPS BRINGING US BACK after my re educating of drivers I would love to be a mud rat JAY MRAZEK SAS #81 THE WOOKIE

The thing i would suggest first is to put the second row of tires out a little further than the first row. I think a wall or gaurdrail is a good idea but not realistic at this point. the cars just climb the first tire and then the second much like a ramp. if the second row of tires were move out(toward the track) they would probably catch the car and help hold it down instead of letting the car climb the tires. This may or may not work, but it can't be any worse than what is there. This could be done in a few hours and would cost zero dollars, couldn't help to try it, if it does not work than push them back where they were. I have not done a good job describing this but i hope it makes sense.

joe

Archived