IMCA Modified Sanction for I37?

Modified20

from mapquest: 149 miles from S.A. to KILLEEN (which is IMCA sanctioned) i don't see many people from S.A. area in the results .........if you want to race IMCA

I WENT TO COWTOWN OUTLAW WITH TECH AND WHY DID U SELL UR MOD CHUCK????? ;)

Greg, i wasn't specifically talking about your team, i know that you guys travel to alot of diferent tracks. and i think you and i both know why i sold my mod :huh: , good luck wherever you guys race we are taking the weekend off! check your pms

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We tried the OUTLAW thing to support the HOME track..Did not enjoy it much...[edited out by Nick Holt, 4/24/09] .....Killeen is about 8 miles closer, so it did not matter on millage.But its the do it our way or go somewhere else that really gets me..So this Saturday we will head north,not because Owen posted that IMCA racers were not welcomed.. Because others acted as if we should...DOES NOT FIGURE!!!...Frank Torres

It sounds like the problem with south Texas racing is the politics involved, face it when you head north of Killeen, their low car count nights are better then the good nights in south Texas and no they do not really pay any better either. Some of the better tracks in Iowa do not pay top heavy, but pay well thru the field, even Waco in a lower class car at least gave 25$ tow money if you didn't make the feature, yes I am not sure if they still do or not.

I'm surprised you didn't catch it earlier Nick but I think most of this thread has been to badmouth the track in a round about way. Atleast thats how it appears to me and just about everyone that has mentioned this thread to me.

As much as I would like to see all tracks IMCA I've given up on this IMCA/OUTLAW battle. From what I see for now IMCA is dead and gone south of Waco. If you plan on racing in south Texas then your going to have to have an Outlaw car. I don't live far enough north to hit Waco, Killeen & KSP weekly like I would like to. Mine is still IMCA legal but I'll go take my beating weekly at STS and Edna. I will not travel very far for low pay though. My plans are to slowly spend the money/time and make mine an outlaw legal mod but that will all come off when it's big IMCA shows at the end of the season such as HOT, KSP & Abilene. If not that, I'm enjoying the kids and go-kart thing. That grasshopper just keeps on keeping on and wearing out kids. A LOT CHEAPER TOO. Maybe oldguy should get a go-kart....wait it doesn't have a payout. I'm in this to have FUN and when it's not FUN I'll do something else.

Poorboy,

Your right about the rule changes. When I bought my mod it was because all tracks ran the IMCA rules whether sanctioned or not so you could run anywhere you wanted and be legal and competitive. I had a door car then and it was legal at one track the way they still are today.

Disclaimer:

This is in no way a BASH to any track, promoter or series. It's JMO.

Darin #26 "IMCA OUTLAW" Mod

As much as I would like to see all tracks IMCA I've given up on this IMCA/OUTLAW battle. From what I see for now IMCA is dead and gone south of Waco. If you plan on racing in south Texas then your going to have to have an Outlaw car. I don't live far enough north to hit Waco, Killeen & KSP weekly like I would like to. Mine is still IMCA legal but I'll go take my beating weekly at STS and Edna. I will not travel very far for low pay though. My plans are to slowly spend the money/time and make mine an outlaw legal mod but that will all come off when it's big IMCA shows at the end of the season such as HOT, KSP & Abilene. If not that, I'm enjoying the kids and go-kart thing. That grasshopper just keeps on keeping on and wearing out kids. A LOT CHEAPER TOO. Maybe oldguy should get a go-kart....wait it doesn't have a payout. I'm in this to have FUN and when it's not FUN I'll do something else.

Poorboy,

Your right about the rule changes. When I bought my mod it was because all tracks ran the IMCA rules whether sanctioned or not so you could run anywhere you wanted and be legal and competitive. I had a door car then and it was legal at one track the way they still are today.

Disclaimer:

This is in no way a BASH to any track, promoter or series. It's JMO.

Darin #26 "IMCA OUTLAW" Mod

DARINS MOTO IS SO TRUE AND I AM NOT INTERESTED IN TRYING TO MAKE THEM CHANGE I COULD GIVE A CRAP LESS :lol: I WILL RACE GOLIAD EDNA AND RACE COWTOWN AND OTHER OUTLAW TRACKS [edited out by Nick Holt, 4/24/09] DARIN IS RIGHT I WILL HAVE AN IMCA MOD THAT WILL HAVE SOME MODIFICATIONS ;) BUT I WILL WAIT AND SEE WHAT ALL THESE PEOPLE SAY : THE CAR COUNT WILL GO UP WHEN ITS OUTLAW : AND THIS WILL PROBABLY MAKE JIM MONEY BUT I BET THE CAR COUNT WILL NOT GO UP AND THERE IS A LOT PEOPLE THAT R WRONG I DARE YOU SHOW ME AND I WILL SAY IM WRONG ;)

MY POINT IS BRING IT PROVE IT WAS THE WAY TO GO :ph34r::ph34r::P

Let me ask a question from a different point of view, how many cars are the other south texas tracks drawing? Could this be a problem not from the lack of tech, the changing of rules, the attitudes of the tracks or the high dollar outlaw mods but rather the combination of all the above and then being in southtexas on top of that? If you look at the dfw area, there are 1000s of cars wanting to race, they all have their favorite tracks and the tracks they won't go to because of this or that. Now, in southtexas, there's a fraction of the cars, now give the people the same problems and the number of cars showing up is the fraction. Lets face it, the possibility to make money in south texas in industry, not racing, is not as easy as dallas, houston or austin, so the number of people that can afford a hobey as expensive as racing is going to be a lot less. I think the location (south texas, not any one track) is as much to do with it as anything. I own some property in rocksprings, drive out there every two weeks to check on things, if i could make a living i would live in kerville or hunt or even rocksprings, but i cannot make the money i can in austin so i live here and drive out there. jmo

DARINS MOTO IS SO TRUE AND I AM NOT INTERESTED IN TRYING TO MAKE THEM CHANGE I COULD GIVE A CRAP LESS :lol: I WILL RACE GOLIAD EDNA AND RACE COWTOWN AND OTHER OUTLAW TRACKS [edited out by Nick Holt, 4/24/09] DARIN IS RIGHT I WILL HAVE AN IMCA MOD THAT WILL HAVE SOME MODIFICATIONS ;) BUT I WILL WAIT AND SEE WHAT ALL THESE PEOPLE SAY : THE CAR COUNT WILL GO UP WHEN ITS OUTLAW : AND THIS WILL PROBABLY MAKE JIM MONEY BUT I BET THE CAR COUNT WILL NOT GO UP AND THERE IS A LOT PEOPLE THAT R WRONG I DARE YOU SHOW ME AND I WILL SAY IM WRONG ;)
i didnt see where anyone said that the car count would go up if it went outlaw.... about the same numbers of cars race at each track basiclly if its outlawed or imca..... certin amount of outlaws and then theres a certin amount of imcas... so bascilly its what the track feels best suits them to run.. they atleast know if there outlaw that a couple of imca cars will show up cause they can run with the outlaws rules.... other way around it doesnt work.. so it all goes back to best bang for the buck.......top prizes , good payouts tru the field, and cheap entries...but thats in a perfect world :ph34r:

:blink:

congrats on tour run in killeen sat. if the other car hadnt caught you when he fliped i do think you were on the way to a solid top 5 finish. if i dont go to goliad this week i guess i be there with u guys again if u promise not to stat snoring on the way back again . lol

Buck,Greg, Candice,and many more..A big THANK YOU for always being there in so many ways!.Sitting in the stands i was grinning from ear to ear.. But what happened to Johnny was a racing deal and we know that is gonna happen from time to time.A race car just dont look right without some dents..Perhaps this next race we can get a top four, with there car count , i would be extremely happy..We shall see...Thanx Again!!... Frank T

Frank, Its was good to see ya'll from down south at Texas Thunder. I'm already looking to next Saturday night... wish my pull bar would have stayed together. Broke the swedge tube got lucky with the 6th place finish. Oh well.

see ya next week

Mike

YES MIKE U WERE MOVIN TRACK WAS IN GOOD SHAPE RACING TOP AND BOTTOM AND LITTLE J WAS MOVING ;) REALLY GREAT NIGHT OF WATCHING RACING :rolleyes: THAT OLD CAR IS REALLY FAST U WILL GET EM LITTTLE J :P OH DID I SAY THE TRACK WAS IN GREAT SHAPE U SHOULD HAVE SEEN THE PASS ON THE LAST LAP ON THE OUTSIDE WOW HAD THE FANS ON THERE FEET AND THERE WAS A BUNCH :blink: IF I GET THE MOTOR TOGETHER IN MY RED CAR I SHOULD BE THERE SEE U THER BIG MIKE AND LITTLE J ;)

YES MIKE U WERE MOVIN TRACK WAS IN GOOD SHAPE RACING TOP AND BOTTOM AND LITTLE J WAS MOVING ;) REALLY GREAT NIGHT OF WATCHING RACING :rolleyes: THAT OLD CAR IS REALLY FAST U WILL GET EM LITTTLE J :P OH DID I SAY THE TRACK WAS IN GREAT SHAPE U SHOULD HAVE SEEN THE PASS ON THE LAST LAP ON THE OUTSIDE WOW HAD THE FANS ON THERE FEET AND THERE WAS A BUNCH :blink: IF I GET THE MOTOR TOGETHER IN MY RED CAR I SHOULD BE THERE SEE U THER BIG MIKE AND LITTLE J ;)

Mike, Greg, and Johnny,

Yall looked like you were having to much fun so i had to get a mod. I bought Curts old GRT, picked it up last night. This should be a good car to get some laps in, i am still learning the sportmod.See you on sat.

joe

Archived