Friday Night Racing

Jamie

Jamie,

I think trying to combine the classes once the season has started would only upset drivers and possibly have cars leave the track. One pet peeve of car owners/drivers is changing the rules midstream. Combine that and the money,(new parts, we are all cutting it pretty close these days) and i think you will have cars just not show up thus cutting the fan count as well. HOT runs 8-9 classes every night and are still done by midnight. Friday was my first night at the track and I am hoping this Friday it will not go as late, one of my reasons for coming to 37 instead of waco was it is 30 min closer. I will give it two more times to see if this is the norm.

Im definitely not saying change right now but something to think about for next year. I do agree with you though.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Several things that might help, It is also up to the drivers to keep the show running. Line up's are posted and show the order in which they run. There has been several delays and I have see track officials running around trying to get the drivers to line up for heats and mains. Also, Intermission, I believe a shorter intermission can be done. Line up's on the track really slow down the show when you do not line back up correctly. Line up board might help, but again drivers can help there too. Yes there were several roll overs and a couple of fire incidents. Fire trucks were good and needed, however, too much water on the track after an incident slowed show again. Have them drain the hoses on the infield. Being a firefighter i saw several things that can help. All and All Great show again. JMO

GOOD LUCK TO THE DRIVERS---WE ALL HAVE OUR ''PREFERENCES'' AND HOPFULLY YOU AS DRIVERS WILL DEMAND A SAFETY CREW AT ALL TRACKS YOU ATTEND, SORRY WE WILL NOT BE THERE TO PROVIDE IT FINANCIALLY.

RESPECT YOURSELF AND OTHERS DRIVERS, TRY TALKING TO PROMOTOR BUT I WISH YOU LUCK.

MOST OF ALL BE SAFE, ALL WHO WERE THERE SAW WHY SAFETY IS NEEDED......WE ARE SO GLAD EVERYONE WAS OK

MY OTHER POSTS WERE REMOVED AND I RESPECT THAT, WE HAVE TRIED OTHER COMMUNICATIONS METHODS BUT HAVE FAILED, GUESS ITS JUST A PREFERENCE

COMMUNICATION IS THE DRIVING FORCE LOL ;)

post-1655-1239677560.jpg

I am a newbie,so excuse me if I am wrong about things. I am racing street stock at I37. I am really enthused about racing and have met a lot of great people so far. There are a couple that ruin it for others but usually those kind can be ignored. I live about 1 1/2 hours from the track but it is still the closest track for me. Most of us know this is not for the money but for the fun/thrill. I really think for what the I37 crew and owners have to work with,they are trying their best and finding ways to improve. The first race 3 weeks ago had a lot more entries and some good wrecks but still finished by 12:30 . It seemed to me that this last race,there were twice as many wrecks and 3-4 rollovers. (OFF THE SUBJECT BUT)One of my friends was in a rollover and before even finding out if he was o.k. I heard another driver wanting to know about how the restart lineup was going to be,so his friend could get back in front. (I thought that was pretty disrespectful). Anyway,I think the extra wrecks and rollovers accounted for lots of the extra time. I know in street stock we had a few long restarts . I am there to have fun and race and if I have to work early on saturday,so be it. If all we have to complain about is an extra hour for delays,I think we are doing pretty good. How about some real issues about the rumors of guys drinking then racing,putting 383 stroker engines in against stock engines,etc,etc. I am new but have heard lots of stories of course most are probably just stories. I for one am glad I37 is open and will help any way that I can ,to help keep it open. Lets quit complaining and get some fans in the stands and some cars on the track. P.S. WHY ARE THE STREET STOCKS ONLY RUNNING 15 LAPS. I WOULD LIKE TO GO A FULL 20 like the pure stocks.

LOL @ 8g....you making friends and influencing people again Greg? :o Love the pic!!!

33chevy....They cut the laps from 20 to 15 for time issues ths past weekend. I wasn't there the first week so I can't comment on that race. Your car looks sharp and is pretty fast....now you just need to get it to turn in the corners. Takes time to hit the total set-up package. Good luck.

I have an idea, have the class with less cars run every other week, no intermissions when you are already behind schedule. I think the track crew and all the staff do a kickass job, they have flaws, just like any other track, and i have also been to all texas tracks, remember people its just for fun, this isnt cup racing. I think i37 has done a pretty good job for the sophmore year, [edited out by Nick Holt, 4/14/09] keep up the good work.....................................

I have an idea, have the class with less cars run every other week,

Just cause a class doesn't have as many racers as another you can't punish those guys (like me). We deserve to be there just as much as any other class. In fact we only had one caution, so lets not talk about trying to screw the little guys out of something they love to do. Its a brand new class. You can't expect 30 cars on the first, second night. It will build up. We don't have others driving in from other tracks to race with us like the other classes. My point is I love racin as much as the next guy but just because I can't afford a mod doesn't mean I shouldn't get to race every chance I get.

I have an idea, have the class with less cars run every other week,

Just cause a class doesn't have as many racers as another you can't punish those guys (like me). We deserve to be there just as much as any other class. In fact we only had one caution, so lets not talk about trying to screw the little guys out of something they love to do. Its a brand new class. You can't expect 30 cars on the first, second night. It will build up. We don't have others driving in from other tracks to race with us like the other classes. My point is I love racin as much as the next guy but just because I can't afford a mod doesn't mean I shouldn't get to race every chance I get.

what class do you run? if its equivelint to hobbystock, or limited late models i would run there a few times but your stroke rule keeps me and a few from running there.... cant be competive at my own track with your rules...

Ok ill do that Killeen here i come....i thought you were going to i37 last week poorboy?

I spent last Friday night and Saturday morning putting my motor together. I had every intention on going to I 37 but couldn't get Friday off work. Has nothing to do with rules. I'm not trying to argue with you guys when I make my smart ass comments but I just don't understand the IMCA comments. When it's IMCA rules and a guy spends 8,000 dollars on a motor it's ok as long as he calls it his "CLAIMER" motor. But when it's "Outlaw" rules and you get beat buy a 10,000 dollar motor thats all a bunch of Bullcrap. I spend the same no matter what rules they are , but heck maybe thats why I don't compete with the fast cars.

Reb, I'm curious and you might know: How many Mods, IMCA or Outlaw, are there actually in Texas and South Texas? Maybe we can't get them because they aren't out there. Texana kind of hiccuped last week, too.

Remember when Callaway ran the "Big Shots?" His plan was based on drawing over 100 super late models, and I'm not sure there were that many.

Archived