Frames

Wayne Walker

This is straight from the USMTS web site.

"April 6, 2009

Attention: All USMTS drivers, car owners and chassis builders

United States Modified Touring Series officials released a statement today regarding the issue of raised and/or altered frame rails.

All chassis that have had the factory frame altered to raise the right front frame rail SHALL BE REPAIRED BY MAY 15, 2009.

Effective immediately, all frames that have been altered must run at least a 550-pound spring on the right front until the frame is repaired.

As outlined in Article 6.2 in the USMTS rules, the frame may only be altered for the installation of springs, shocks and radiator clearance.

THIS RULE SHALL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED.

All frames that have been twisted must be repaired immediately."

How is this going to affect the "outlaw" tracks? Are they going to allow these twisted up frames? IMCA and USMTS say NO to them.

Probably not at all Wayne......

And as modmaniac said on another site....who's looking for them anyway? Never hear many complaints about tech at Pat's track, but the tech guy at HOT gets blasted all the time.

For whatever reason, it seems that a "tweeked" frame always goes faster......go figure! LMAO

I go to another site(not EU) that has a ton more technical info on it. There have been some lenghty discussions there. Dave is teching cars at TTS but the twisted frame deal takes time and a level pad to check. These tracks say go by IMCA, USMTS, and/or UMP rules. In all of these, the changes being made are and have been illegal. There is one man I know that is racing for IMCA National points that might want to check his ride. I'm sure there are several others. The new Genesis frames from DirtWorks are illegal. So others should check thier rides. The right rail is a visible thing IF you know what to look for.

I just don't see where it is gonna make performance difference. If its to keep the right front from hitting the track than its just another patch.

With the rail higher, the car can get on the RF farther. A friend of mine talks with several USMTS drivers and they are running RF springs in the range of 450-550 pounds.

Archived