SAS and HMP Late Models

NickHolt

Here’s some good news that is the direct result of the Texas Track Owners and Promoters Association (TTOPA) discussions during the off season.

Thunder Hill Raceway will be allowing San Antonio Speedway-legal Late Models and Houston Motorsports Park-legal Late Models to compete with the THR Late Models during the 2004 racing season.

These invited teams must compete using their home track rules and must race on the THR-legal eight-inch Hoosier slicks. Of course, THR officials reserve the right to add, remove or redistribute weight on these invited cars should their on-track performance indicate a need for an adjustment. These teams will be eligible for THR purses and point funds just like the regular THR Late Model teams.

San Antonio Speedway has announced a similar offer to THR LMs and HMP LMs. Corpus Christi Motor Speedway, the third TTOPA member, does not currently run a Late Model class.

Nick Holt

I almost forgot.

All cars competing at Thunder Hill Raceway, including the SAS and HMP cars running under their home-track rules, must comply with the "96-decible sound level at 100 feet with the car under full acceleration" rule. I know that Houston has a similar rule, but I understand that San Antonio does not.

Nick Holt

blueoval,

Muffler, whats the use of having a racecar if it dosent make any sounds?

Nobody said anything about having to run a muffler and 96 DB is not exactly quiet!

tazmachine69,

Speak up girl.. can't hear ya!

Nick Holt

Seems kinda funny to me that most racers are worried about having a place to run in the future and then here are tracks finally working together to make it where everyone can run the different tracks and you start complaining about having to run a muffler.

Give me a break.

This is a direct result of tracks working together.

Is this not what YOU the racers have been asking for?

Why would you complain about something so silly?

Do you really think they race cars are quite with a muffler?

Let me answer that for you. NO

I don't hear the Romco drivers complaining about having to run the mufflers.

Do you think they a quite with one? NO

All THR is trying to do is keep the neighbor's happy.

All THR is trying to do build up a class again that was strong once until...... we all know what happened there.

Drivers wanted more racing room and now they are getting that too.

The complaing just seems silly at this point.

Alot of changes seem to be happening in the racing world in Texas lately.

Drivers are starting to get what they have been begging for.

And yet we still have those (a few) that want to whin about having to run a muffler.

Just seems silly.

Nascar had there silly season, so will this be the local racing worlds silly season?

Maybe.........

Time will tell.

Or is it just that people are never satisfied and will always complain?

<_<

Nobody said anything about having to run a muffler and 96 DB is not exactly quiet!

Nick,

Actually, mufflers are required in addition to the 96db @100 ft. requirement.

We'll let this one slide since you're still learning those rules! LOL :D

Chase

dalefan

not complaining just having fun and joking around, take a chill pill, relax and dont take everything so seriously!

geeeeeezzzzzz :P

thats for sure Jean, the way I see it , SAS opened the door on this deal allowing the TSRS/THR Late Model whatever to run in San Antonio... the seem to be wanting to work togther so can't we have some fun with it ?

Hope to see all you gouys @ SAS for the big "bash" next weekend, good luck to everyone wherever you you may race or pledge your loyalties, hopefully , this will be the year all C-Tex tracks unite and build this in to a great deal for all of us ..

ss99,

Yes, the THR cars are required to run a muffler as well as meet the 96 db rule.

However, since the SAS LM rules do not require a muffler we are not requiring them to run a muffler as long as they meet the 96 db rule. And, as you know, any team not meeting the 96 db rule does not get to race at THR due to the agreement reached with some of the THR neighbors.

So, I imagine most of the SAS LMs will run mufflers should they decide to run at THR.

Nick Holt

ss99,

Thanks for the clarification Nick. I thought I had you on one! I'll have to try harder next time.

Actually, you did get me on that one Chase - I should have made myself clear on the muffler thing.

I'm just glad that Jack Sanderfur is the rules guru at THR. In case you hadn't noticed, he knows those rule books forward and backwards.

Nick Holt

Archived