THR LIVE UPDATES ?

rocketdog15

Deb, Nick, or anybody giving live updates tonight from Thunder Hill. Not able to make it, so I'm going crazy trying to find information on qualifying, and later on the heats and mains. Somebody please help out a racer stuck at home alone. Hello, anybody out there!

Sorry, but Nick is at Texana Raceway Park tonight....And I know Debbie is going to be pretty busy with her normal race night duties.

BUT...... We are looking for someone at THR to volunteer to do Live Updates whenever they're racing. Sure would be a blessing to the racing community.

Nick

Super Stock Race was great.

#3 Clint LaFont won it followed by #99Chase and then #28 Shawn Paul Lehman. I went over the Chase and said I needed to do a driver check cause it sure looked like Cary out there driving. Very smooth.

#13 Joey Tschoerner won the Thunder Stock Feature.

#58 won in the Grand Stock.

#05 Cody Smith won the TSRS race followed by #1 Colt James and the #2 Bobby Teer Jr. and then #17 Robert Barker. It was a good race to watch. Had a little trouble on the start and took out some cars. One car spun and others just had no where to go. Cary had a rough night. As did Bradley Burk. The never made it back to the track.

That's all I can remember right now.

It was a good night of racing. The wind died down and made it bareable.

Congrat's Clint.

And your right Termite......nerve racking.......to say the least. Good job Chase, and thank's for the B-day present. With the reapair cost on the Late Model, I can use a free meal.

And for the Kruger's, I just want to thank Jake's mom for coming up to me to tell me she's sorry we got collected in that mess, knowing they had several thousand's of dollar's in damage as well. To them and the Stapp's we'll get em next time!

YOU CAINT WIN THESE DAMN RACE'S ON THE FIRST LAP, BOSMF!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to Chase also. That Super was looking stout again and with that only being your 2nd feature race, you did a heck of a job! I think the rest of us were hoping you wouldn't be that quick so soon. Must be in the blood line!

And Cary, our luck just has to change. just has to change. <_< <_< <_< D.

Christine Parks is working on last night's final results now. In the meantime, you can check out the raw data (preliminary results) at the following link:

MyLaps.com

On a side note, I just spoke with Jerry Canavati, the Grand Stock driver who was transported to Brackenridge Hospital last night following a wreck in the feature race. He was released early this morning and has a possible hairline crack in his shoulder, along with bruised shoulder muscles and pulled neck muscles. Although he is in a lot of pain, we are all thankful that his injuries were not more serious, especially since he had to be cut out of his car before being transported.

Lone Star Speedzone is looking for someone at THR who can keep our members updated on events at Thunderhill Raceway. Unfortunately, I can't be everywhere on race nights and Debbie Williams is up to her elbows in alligators on race nights and, as everyone knows, her elbows are a little close to the ground than most people's.... (I'm duckin' and runnin')

Requirements:

1) Must really love racing and have a strong desire to share the happenings at the track with others.

2) Must love racing and be unbiased enough to report things without "slanting" the story one way or the other.

3) Must love racing and be able to write well enough to be understood by the vast majority of our members.

4) Must love racing and be able to get on the internet and be able to log into LSS and provide updates from the track on race nights. Many folks can now access the internet with their high-dollar cell phones, iPhones, Blackberrys, etc, but a computer with an air card would work even better.

5) Must love racing and be willing to be faithful to this assignment.

Of course, there are some huge benefits by taking on this assignment. I just can't think of any right now... LOL... actually there are a few.

1) Free access to the pit area and the press box if Mary Ann agrees.

I'm sure they must be more benefits there somewhere. Oh yeah.

2) Press credentials that will get your free access to the pit area and the press box.

3) And, of course, the prestige of being associated with Lone Star Speedzone.

You ask 'what's the pay?' Ha ha ha ha ha... ROFL. Well, maybe one day....

If you think you could provide this service to your fellow LSS members and guests, please get in touch with me. As you can see in this thread, there is a real need for you to respond.

My email is nick.holt@lonestarspeedzone.com

Nick

Congratulations to Cody Smith and Team on your great run and win in the TSRS race.

Congrats also to Bobby Teer Jr. for his 3rd place finish

Spreen Racing Engines

Sure wish we had not gotten into that mess of a wreck on the first lap in turn two.

Car didn't really need a new body and rear suspension 2nd race into the season.

Gunnar

OUCH !!!!!!

I think its going to take a little more than duct tape and paint to fix that. But I have a feeling you'll have it ready for the next race. You need to get you some of those coffee cans I was talking about and put them all over the place to help with the bills.

It was interesting that the early evening racing went really well, and then the later features had problems, especially in the TSRS start, the Legacies, and the Grand Stocks.

We had no idea what caused all that until we learned that Mark Chrudimsky passed Technical Inspection.

Shot the evening's Karma all to hell..............................

We had a AWESOME time out at the Races saturday... There were some great battles going on... I know Mike Haag was there blogging as well so he probably has information i'm sure.

Look forward to the next one!

Gunnar

OUCH !!!!!!

I think its going to take a little more than duct tape and paint to fix that. But I have a feeling you'll have it ready for the next race. You need to get you some of those coffee cans I was talking about and put them all over the place to help with the bills.

If the part's get here this week....it will be ready this weekend.

post-197-1238436853.jpg

Lone Star Speedzone is looking for someone at THR who can keep our members updated on events at Thunderhill Raceway. Unfortunately, I can't be everywhere on race nights and Debbie Williams is up to her elbows in alligators on race nights and, as everyone knows, her elbows are a little close to the ground than most people's.... (I'm duckin' and runnin')

Requirements:

1) Must really love racing and have a strong desire to share the happenings at the track with others.

2) Must love racing and be unbiased enough to report things without "slanting" the story one way or the other.

3) Must love racing and be able to write well enough to be understood by the vast majority of our members.

4) Must love racing and be able to get on the internet and be able to log into LSS and provide updates from the track on race nights. Many folks can now access the internet with their high-dollar cell phones, iPhones, Blackberrys, etc, but a computer with an air card would work even better.

5) Must love racing and be willing to be faithful to this assignment.

Of course, there are some huge benefits by taking on this assignment. I just can't think of any right now... LOL... actually there are a few.

1) Free access to the pit area and the press box if Mary Ann agrees.

I'm sure they must be more benefits there somewhere. Oh yeah.

2) Press credentials that will get your free access to the pit area and the press box.

3) And, of course, the prestige of being associated with Lone Star Speedzone.

You ask 'what's the pay?' Ha ha ha ha ha... ROFL. Well, maybe one day....

If you think you could provide this service to your fellow LSS members and guests, please get in touch with me. As you can see in this thread, there is a real need for you to respond.

My email is nick.holt@lonestarspeedzone.com

Nick

WEL;P I SUPPOSE THAT LEAVES ME OUT ..

Archived