Who won the big money at Battleground?

landlord

#18 Shannon Babb won. It was a great race. Those cars are FAST! I hope they come back again! We talked to several drivers throughout the weekend and they were nothing but nice. If AJ asked a question, they answered, nothing held back. It was really a really enjoyable weekend!

Brenda

Well does anyone know who won?

The race report and results are posted on the front page of Lone Star Speedzone. Even has a pic of Shannon riding the Longhorn in victory circle!

Click here to check out the story.

Reb wrote a more extensive report and can be found in another thread. Click here to read Reb's report.

Nick

Track was in pretty decent shape. The only time they really got bounced around was when they slammed the cushion. It broke up in the middle of 1 and 2 a little bit but nothing major, especially for a 100 lap race.

I was told that the track was in pretty bad shape causing cars to hop so bad that the tires were leaving the ground.Battleground is an awsome track with GOOD dirt but maybe it's going to take a few races to work it in after setting for the last few years.

Depended on who you were, and how the car was setup. Some were handling the ruts getting into one a little better than others. The track was wide and fast in the main, and the main thing, it didn't turn into a train race around he bottom. It was worth my money for sure. Mike at BG should be commended for pulling off a huge show that is a real shot in the arm for racing in our area. Then after the A he announced to the fans to bring their ticket stub back this week to get in FREE. He is headed in the right direction out there for sure. Anyone that didn't attend this show missed a really good dirt racing experience.

The race report and results are posted on the front page of Lone Star Speedzone

Landlord, the track rutted up in turn 1 on Friday, but was better on Saturday. TMS Dirt Track always had that problem with their one op shows too. They've been doing prep different the past couple shows and it's been pretty good up there. I think once the track gets "run in" more, that won't be an issue.

Funny thing is.....as wide as Battleground is there was plenty of track to race on, but guys just kept hitting the rut, even after they knew it was there. This just peeled it up more. You could see big slabs of gumbo flying.

It was major heavy on Friday, but slicked off some Saturday for the 100 lapper, especially in the middle of turn 2. If you hit that, the car would take off for the wall.....but again, above or below it still had plenty of "fast" track to race on.

It was one helluva show.....those WoO guys were haulin' ass, with lots of side by side action.

Archived