388 Steve Burrow

420 Eric Cegielski

---------------------------------------------------------

17m Jesse McNorton

148 Tommy Moore

30 Bradley Willims

27 Randy Lewis

36 Steve Hoppe

Limited Modified heat winners, 128 Ed Clancy, 43 Jeff Mueller, 78 Brad Ball, 88 Troy Baugh

Hobby Stocks

63 John Hortch

19 Bubba Seals

4 Nathan Renfro

60 Kelly Andrus

50 Keith Wenschel

3 Roger Hellman

00 Grant Brown

66 Jim Asher jr.

46 Richard Gildart

13 Scott Madison

52 John Hodge

75 N/A

7 Tommy Page

27 Paul Vanderpool---DNS

1 Brad Hellman---DNS

Hobby Stock heat winners, 19 Bubba Seals, 63 John Hortch

Edited by rebelracewriter

Brown blasts Modified field for Main win

Despite disappointment in Late Model B-main, Chris Brown bounced back in the 20-lap Modified main. Brown got by early leader Corey Babbitt near half way then put some distance on the field and negotiated traffic in the late laps to grab the checkers.

With a unique invert dice roll by a youngster from the crowd, the top 6 rows were inverted for the start of the main. On the initial start Chad Comer spun in turn 1, with Kevin Batterbee suffering a cut tire, and Marcus Berndt spinning in turn 2. The young Babbitt got the jump on the 23-car field leading into turn 1. Art Rodriguez, Keith Wright, Brown and Tommy Stanley fell in line behind Babbitt.

Comer spun again on lap 1, sending Kv. Batterbee spinning into the pit exit road. Once back to green, Wright and Brown got past Rodriguez, leaving a three wide battle for fourth. Jeff Wood and David Horner were next to get by Rodriguez for fourth and fifth. Horner then charged past Wood and Wright for third. Brown had just caught Babbitt when yellow waved for a spin on the back stretch.

On the restart, Brown put the pressure on Babbitt for the lead, while Horner was challenging Brown for second. Brown got the lead on lap 6, as Phil Dixon moved by Wright for fourth. At the crossed flags it was Brown, Horner, Babbitt, Dixon and Wright in the top five. As the top five separated out, Wood, Kenny Batterbee and Frank Kitchenhoff battled for sixth.

With five to go Brown had build a ¼ straightaway lead over Horner, who had a big gap back to Babbitt. Brown caught up to lapped traffic in the final laps, but never missed a beat as he sliced his way through. At the checkers it was Brown in the Delta Flange, EEGI, JD's Bodyworks, Performance Graphics, Smileys Racing Products,Hwy. 105 Machine powered, Skyrocket Chassis taking the win with a comfortable margin.

“Patience and not over driving the car, was the key,” replied Brown. “We finally made the right adjustments. Last night we didn't make the right choices and tonight things started coming together. It slicked of some, but the there was still some moisture and traction.”

“We try to prepare everything at the shop the best we can, so we can run good and not worry about who is going to show up. No matter who it is the idea is to out-run them.”

“We were really disappointed about not making the Late Model field. I felt if we could et the handling properly that I could drive it. We finally got in handling pretty decent and I go and mess it up. It was so disappointing because the guys worked so hard on the car. All you want to do is get it in the show, so can see all their hard work pay off. I didn't keep up my end of the bargain this time.”

Modifieds

21 Chris Brown

56 David Horner

29 Corey Babbitt

A1 Phil Dixon

10 Kenny Batterbee

07 Keith Wright

13 Frank Kitchenhoff

51 Jeff Wood

110 N/A

95 Pete Sagmiller

4 Kalif Sellier

24 Tommy Stanley

17 John Baker

22 Art Rodriguez

122 Perry Johnson

44 Marcus Berndt

30 N/A

998 Jeff Whitehead

98 Markus Elder

23 Chris Jewell

151 Kevin Batterbee

711 Rich Harmon

3 Chad Comer

11 Danny Mayes---DNS

71 Mike Belge---DNS

77 Phillip French---DNS

Modified heat winners, 15 Kevin Batterbee, 17 John Baker, 95 Pete Sagmiller

Mueller out-muscles Limited Modified field for win

Jeff Mueller wired the field in the 20-lap Limited Modified main going flag to flag. The road to winners circle wasn't easy as he had to hold off hard chargers, Mike Martin and Brad Ball, who got together fighting for second. After a late restart Mueller eased away from Ed Clancy for the victory.

On the first start Mueller beat Clancy out of turn, but a mid-pack stack up left Derek Rashall turned the wrong way to bring out the yellow. On the next attempt, Mueller repeated his charge out of turn 2, with Clancy, Troy Baugh, Ball and Martin in pursuit. As Ball and Martin battled for fourth, Derek Ross slipped by Martin on lap 1. Martin retook the spot on lap 3.

Ball began putting the pressure on Baugh on lap 6 and got by on the high side for third, with Martin getting under Baugh on the low side. Ball and Clancy then ran side by side for second, with Ball getting the spot on lap 8. Martin then moved along side Clancy for third, while Baugh and Kevin Sellers ran wheel to wheel for fifth.

At the halfway point it was Mueller, Ball, Martin, Clancy and Sellers in the top five. Martin got under Ball on lap 10 for second and with a good run was challenging Mueller. Ball slipped back another spot on lap 11 giving third to Clancy. Ball wasted little time getting back around Clancy and in on Martin for second.

Martin tried to duck inside Mueller on lap 14 going into turn 1 with Ball looking for a way around Martin high. Ball and Martin made contact in turn 3 sending Martin around to bring out the yellow. Ball was charged with caution and sent to the back, Martin would have retained his place, but was unable to continue.

On the restart a multi-car melee occurred when the pack hit some moisture left behind in turn 3, with several cars suffered mostly cosmetic damage. Once back to green the top 5 got away clean with Greg Tolleson getting by Roy Catlin for sixth. Mueller inched ahead by a couple car lengths on Clancy. In the final laps Sellers got past Clancy for second, but had nothing for Mueller who took the checkers in the Spillers Automotive, Trinity Bay, Evolution Chassis.

“You've got to be patient,” said Mueller, “It takes some courage and stuff. I was pretty nervous out there, but I just had to take my time and stay calm. You just try to be smooth and go around the track. Slow is fast.”

“It goes though your mind about who's behind you, but I didn't have any worries I knew no one was going to get below me. I was holding the bottom and no one was going to get by me.”

Limited Modifieds

43 Jeff Mueller

2 Kevin Sellers

128 Ed Clancy

24 Derek Ross

88 Troy Baugh

86 Justin Collins

46 Randy Bridges

420 Eric Cigielski

114 Roy Catlin

31 Tyler King

8 Chris Blaszak

66 Jim Asher sr.

388 Steve Burrow

28 Michael McDonald

51 Greg Tolleson

64 Thomas Downey

26 Wesley Ross

47 Andy Wojtasczk

78 Brad Ball

5 Mike Martin

281 Morris Arnold

19 David Lege jr.

188 Derek Rashall

71 Chase Breese

Limited Modified B-main(top 8 transfer)

86 Justin Collins

26 Wesley Ross

64 Thomas Downey

8X Chris Blaszak

66 Jim Asher sr

28 Michael McDonald

388 Steve Burrow

420 Eric Cegielski

---------------------------------------------------------

17m Jesse McNorton

148 Tommy Moore

30 Bradley Willims

27 Randy Lewis

36 Steve Hoppe

Limited Modified heat winners, 128 Ed Clancy, 43 Jeff Mueller, 78 Brad Ball, 88 Troy Baugh

Hortch hustles to Hobby Stock honors

John Hortch used track experience and patience to get the 15-lap Hobby Stock win. Hortch worked his way past early leader Nathan Renfro, then held off Bubba Seals in the latter stages of the race for another Battleground Speedway checkers.

Renfro got the early jump as green waved on the 13-car field, but Grant Brown spun in turn 2 to bring out the yellow. On the second try Renfo and Keith Wenschel stayed door to door with Renfo finally securing he lead. Seals got by Wenschel on lap 1, just as yellow waved for Roger Hellman who got turned around by John Hodge. Hodge was sent to the tail.

On the restart, Hortch got inside Wenschel for second, with Seals falling back to fourth after sliding too high. Seals worked his way back past Wenschel on lap 2 for third. Renfro got loose coming out of turn 2 on lap 4, giving Hortch and Seals a run to get by, with Hortch snagging the point on lap 5.

Seals caught Hortch on lap 6 for the lead, while Hodge worked his way back up to sixth. Seals took several looks low on Hortch as the top two were able to put some distance on the field. Hodges run back to the front ended on lap 12 with a flat tire. In the final laps Seals again gave Hortch some pressure, but Hortch was able to hold steady for the win.

Hobby Stocks

63 John Hortch

19 Bubba Seals

4 Nathan Renfro

60 Kelly Andrus

50 Keith Wenschel

3 Roger Hellman

00 Grant Brown

66 Jim Asher jr.

46 Richard Gildart

13 Scott Madison

52 John Hodge