Thunderhill Testing

For the life of me, I can't remember now where I saw it, but I saw a list of the practice dates somewhere - maybe on a flyer or something at the banquet. Wherever it was, I made a note of the next date being Feb 14.

I'm sure when Debbie gets on here again she'll fill us in.

We originally had not scheduled this Saturday as an open practice date. However, I think we'll be adding it to the schedule. We hope to distribute a notice today, and I'll make sure I let y'all know here on LSS.

Here's the notice we're sending out today regarding an Open Test-n-Tune this Saturday, February 7:

OPEN TEST-N-TUNE, SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 7

We’ve added an Open Test-n-Tune practice session this Saturday, February 7, from 12:00 p.m. (noon) until 6:00 p.m. The cost will be $25 per car/driver and $10 for all other pit passes. There’s no charge for spectators in the grandstands.

Both the Hoosier and Goodyear tires will be available.

We have also scheduled additional Open Test-N-Tune practice sessions each of the following Saturdays (same time and cost) – on February 14, February 21, February 28 and March 7.

I'm not sure how long it takes to get a transponder if you order it directly from AMB. We plan to place our bulk order sometime after 2-15-09, and we should have them at the track by the end of February, I hope.

Debbie,

So, if an order is placed with the track before the deadline; will the cars be able to practice on 14 Feb 09 and 21 Feb 09 without the transponder?

Thanks

You dont' have to have the transponder to practice on those dates. We practiced on 1-24 without one. Once the order has been made, the track may elect to have a rule that requires the transponders to be on the car before the car enters the track for any reason, but I don't think they have said that yet.

Yes, you can practice on any of the open Test-N-Tune dates without a transponder. We may try to have the system up on a couple of these dates, just to provide data to those drivers who may be using a transponder.

We will require that transponders be on the cars (trucks) on any practice sessions on race days. We need to make sure we're picking up signals prior to the actual races and matching up the transponder and car numbers.

We're planning to set up an educational session on electronic scoring during one of the drivers' meetings. We hope to show the drivers what we see in the tower to give y'all an idea of how the system actually works.

Will there be another Open Test Day, and if so, when might it be?

What happened? You missed a great day for testing. A little windy, but the temps were very nice.

If memory serves me correctly, there were 3 TSRS cars (Stapp, Krauss, and Bumbera), 2 bandos, a couple of Pro Sedans, a Pro Late Model (Alexander), one modified (Menard), and one THR Super Stock (Stapp). The track seemed to be in pretty good shape.

Archived