Steelers are #1

ChuckLicata

Yah, Baby!!!

The Pittsburgh Steelers are the World Champions!!

On a night when Bruce Springsteen performed at halftime, the Steelers proved they were "The Boss" as they beat Arizona in Super Bowl XLIII, 27-23. The Cardinals were magnificent in their comeback and this very well could be one of the Best - if not The Best - Super Bowl ever played.

Again, congrats to both teams..what a great Super Bowl for one that didn't get a lot of publicity.

Even though I picked the Steelers to win the refs made several rediculous calls and several non calls.

All Year Long celebrations have been flagged when using the football as a prop. Well on the last touchdown Santana used the ball as a prop. Steelers should have been kicking off from their 15 instead of the 30. This could have been huge. Along with the last play of the game for the Cards the play was ruled a fumble but they never gave the crew upstairs long enough to review the play to confirm it. With time still on the clock I saw Warner getting hit but still had ball in his hand moving forward thus causing the ball to go down field by several yards, this was ruled a fumble but no review upstairs??? Several small little things added up against the Cards in the last minute of the game. All of them involved refs or lack of refs should I say. Awesome football game all around but those are things that can add up to a possible win.

Ending was great but football history may have been robbed from an even better ending. You give Warner the ball in Steeler territory with 30 seconds and a time out left look out! Maybe the best super bowl game.

The game was great.It made up for the lackluster commercials.The only one that was worth rewinding for was the Bud Light commercial with the guy getting thrown out of the office window.Watching the "older" acts at the Super Bowl only makes me realise how old I'm getting.Do you think the Boss needed a hot tub after all of that jumping around?

i agree on that fumble call. his arm as going forward and it should have at least been reviewed. they took 10 minutes reviewing that steeler td to put them ahead. and i agree about the celebration. if it would have been t.o. they would have threw a flag in a heart beat. but the refs have been screwing up all season, why should we expect any different in the super bowl. i heard that faith hill and jennifer hudson's performances were lip synched. go figure.

one of the best commercials was the doritos commercial. the snow globe crystal ball. that was classic.

about the only thing they proved is they have a bunch of hooligans playing for them. #92 should have been ejected from the game and find! WHAT AN EXAMPLE OF A ROLE MODEL.... (WHATEVER!)

Cardinals should have won the game. The officials shouldn't even be aloud to officiate a pop-warner flag football game. It may be in the record books as a steeler win, but Card's won that game.

about the only thing they proved is they have a bunch of hooligans playing for them. #92 should have been ejected from the game and find! WHAT AN EXAMPLE OF A ROLE MODEL.... (WHATEVER!)

Cardinals should have won the game. The officials shouldn't even be aloud to officiate a pop-warner flag football game. It may be in the record books as a steeler win, but Card's won that game.

I wouldnt go that far. #92 got what he probably deserved. He had a lineman who tried to cut him at the knees. He didnt like it, simple enough. He did take a small swing that wasnt much of a swing. He held him down alittle bit since he was already down but then let him get up and knocked him back down. Its football but it wasnt nothing more then a 15 yard penalty if that. I you dont have a few of those guys on your team then you wont be in the SuperBowl.

i agree on that fumble call. his arm as going forward and it should have at least been reviewed. they took 10 minutes reviewing that steeler td to put them ahead. and i agree about the celebration. if it would have been t.o. they would have threw a flag in a heart beat. but the refs have been screwing up all season, why should we expect any different in the super bowl. i heard that faith hill and jennifer hudson's performances were lip synched. go figure.

one of the best commercials was the doritos commercial. the snow globe crystal ball. that was classic.

If you saw that replay on a large screen you could see when his arm was all the way back, the defender jarred it loose and it was away from his hand and Kurt being the wise quarterback he is motioned his arm forward hoping the ref would call it an incompleted forward pass. That is an old quarterback trick but in this case it was a good call. If you look at it again, watch it coming free a split second before he throws his arm forward.

Throughout the season they do make questionable calls and yes it has cost some teams games. But more often than not their calls are good and no one speaks up and says hey refs, great call. When the final gun was sounded that game went into the record books and even if some call is later overturned by the league officials, the record books do not change.

If you read the aftergame reports as to why #92 did what he did you would have learned that Arizona player had put a vicious chop block right at his knees which if you check the rules book it too is a foul. Granted he should not have thrown the punch but I kind of think the ref realized what happened and he simply called it unsportsmanlike conduct.

It was a great game by both teams and its a shame that you can not take the loss gracefully like the Arizona coach and all its players did. They knew it was a well played game.

If you read the aftergame reports as to why #92 did what he did you would have learned that Arizona player had put a vicious chop block right at his knees which if you check the rules book it too is a foul. Granted he should not have thrown the punch but I kind of think the ref realized what happened and he simply called it unsportsmanlike conduct.

It was a great game by both teams and its a shame that you can not take the loss gracefully like the Arizona coach and all its players did. They knew it was a well played game.

#92 had his full weight on the guy pushing him down. i would have gone for the jewels if he was doing that to me. people always want to come up with excuses after the fact. #92 was on the war path the whole game. as i stated he is a hooligan...

as for taking a loss gracefully, my team wasnt in it, so no loss here. facts are facts, Card's won. somebody won some ig money on this game.

Your right #92 was on the war path. He gets paid millions to kick ass. He earns it unlike a good majority on other teams players. Maybe that is why he was the Defensive MVP of the League this year and played a good part in winning the Super Bowl. Oh yea he was the one that broke normous tackles for a 99.9 yard TD.

P.S. I would love to see you or anyone else hit him in the jewels that would be an ugly sight to see.

Archived