front runners

DirtRacer9s

call jim but you need to know ther is a $700.00 clam rule some body out of the stands can buy your car and they get to take it home and race it the next week i was going to build 3 of them but when i put all my work into it and have to give it up for $700.00 i dont think that is a good trade they need to do what houston does build 2 or 3 cars and seal tickets and who ever wins they get to drive a in house car for the next week dont take away other racer cars you can go to there web and get the rules www.i37raceway.com

If you went to many dirt races and saw how great it worked you might understand JEREMY...TEXAS THUNDER pulls 20 to 30 each race night..The ones that get claimed are the ones that try to out dollar the comp to beat them..This kills that!.The cars are cheap to buy..And you talk about building it,Its suposesed to be ALL stock and a simple roll cage..Our roll bar was under $100 installed..We did it for friends that come out every now and then and might want to continue and get a car to race..I would be more disapointed that the track would let a former late model driver in the class then in the claim..Ther very own rules say you cant go down in class.. Have you not tried to drive your car in the super stocks at i37?...Frank Torres

People want to complain because the cost to race is getting out of hand......then they turn around and complain about claims rules that are designed to keep the cost of racing down. :huh:

Claim rules ARE NOT made to cover the cost of replacement.....Quit trying to confuse that!!! They are made to keep the playing field level.......

Cletus, actually there was one claim at THR on one of the Fitch's cars......the track stepped in and denied the claim. That's when they took the claim rule out.

PS. What part of "entry level" class are people not understanding?

If you feel entry level is where you belong and want a car, i will sell you one with working a/c radio etc etc.. If it had a sticker and tags you could drive it home to put your roll bar...Price is $400 cash..NO TRADES or PAYMENTS...I really cant see why something that works at many dirt tracks can draw a bash from someone that seems to have no knowledge of whats working at many Texas dirt tracks..Frank Torres

Since I don't know the EXACT written rules for I-37......I'll just ad this....At Texas Thunder the claimer puts up the money......then draws a number of the top four finishers. So you'd still have a 75% of not being the one claimed.

Jeremy.....it's not that difficult to understand the concept....and if you don't like the claim rule, then don't run the class....simple enough!!!!

Let me put it to you this way......if you had someone coming in with, say a $5000 car in a $500 claimer class and winning every race.......wouldn't you want the field even????? With the claim rule....no one, in their right mind anyway, is going to risk that.....so everyone should have the same chance.

Now if someone wants to BUY a championship, in an entry level class, that bad......then I hope they try and get claimed every race......Hell I might even break into the piggy bank, clean out the couch, collect a few cans......

For what its worth I have seen championships won and lost because of the claim rule.The solution was to have the claiming person have another car available racing that nite as a trade so a person does not go without a ride the next points race.And if you think anybody who races even an entry level class does not have the passion any other racer has for his/her efforts you underestimate the racing mentality.Racing without passion is a hamburger without meat.

On a final note theres no such thing as making all cars equal.Good luck with your program,just keep an open mind and dont let people with no experience with these types of cars make all the rules.Listen to the racers too.This program can lead the way back to racing the cars people drive everyday and can be fruteful if you can restrain from hatefullness like what is already brewing.Inclusion,not exclusion is the key for success.

The claim rule is a successful way to define the general investment as long as its not an abuseful thing.Just use a formula similar to the IMCA engine claim.The formule I have seen work the best is 50% of the value of the car PLUS trade.Otherwise the money people control the deal.And its usually for a family member.

OK I GET IT THANK YOU ALL FOR THE HELP I WONT DRIVE IN THIS CLASS I HAVE FRIENDS THAT WONT TO BUILD CARS FOR THIS CLASS AND WE WILL FOLLOW THE RULES AT ALL TIME I AM PUTTING A LIMITED LATE MODEL TOGETHER AND HAVE MY STREET STOCK READY TO RACE AND HAVE A PURE STOCK RACE READY SO SEE YOU ALL THERE AND HOPE TO HAVE I-37 THE BEST DIRT TRACK IN TEXAS THANK YOU ALL FOR THE HELP ON THIS TOPIC

Archived