taxes

j.j.&s.racing

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This might help:

You should receive your forms W-2 or 1099 by January 31.

That said, if you have made the effort to contact the employer and still didn’t receive your forms (or if your forms were incorrect), you can contact the IRS. The IRS does not want to hear from you about missing forms until after February 14, so don’t contact them until after that date.

Contact the IRS by calling 1.800.829.1040. You’ll need to have your personal info handy, including address, phone number, Social Security Number, your dates of employment and the name, address and phone number of your employer.

The IRS will contact your employer (or the form issuer) with a form 4598, Form W-2, 1098 or 1099 Not Received, Incorrect, or Lost. You will receive a copy of the form 4598, along with a form 4852, Substitute for Form W–2 or Form 1099–R. If you still do not receive your form W-2, you should use file a form 4852 (downloadable here as a pdf); the IRS requests that you not file the form 4852 until April 15.

:) Sorry I have been out of touch..nick helped me with a new login to this premier racing forum. Mitzi continues her fight and all your thoughts and prayers help her through every day. as for 1099's we are going to forgo the process so you all may file your taxes with out delay.. consider it an early christmas from my beloved bride ...ONCE AGAIN NO 1099's WILL BE ISSUED FOR 2008

michael And mitzi(M&M)

P.S. Good luck in 2009 I will join you if and when I can GO dan and Kandy CCS rules

This is Carol Yocum and I have news for anyone that omits the amount he or she earned racing. There is no one that can play Santa as for as the I.R.S. is concern. It is everyone one's responsibility to report all and any income regardless of receiving a 1099 or a W-2. If you check with your bookkeeper or CPA as I have you will know this to be fact. I am looking out for the drivers that used to race for us and the future racers . Thanks Carol Yocum

Speaking only for myself,I already did my taxes and estimated my winnings at 2400$.It was easy to figgure,14 wins and 2 second place finishes.I had to get it done for my kids FASCA so they might get a little help with college.I just put it down as misc. income.Im still grateful for the gesture anyway.

I dont know how the Pro Sedans do it but the year I raced with them I was told they dont issue 1099s eather.Maybe there is a way.Im just not that knowlegeable.My bookeeper handels this for me.

While on the subject I recommend everyone to keep track of their winnings all year long.Many years ago our home track issued 1099s that were greatly over what the actual pay was.My family was running 2 modifieds and 2 Thunder cars so the dollar amount was substancial.After counting all the pay envelopes with the promoter at the time they were adjusted down by a couple of thousand.After talking with others the same thing happened to them.Mistake???Most did not think so.Anyway this was 15 years ago and todays promoters dont have to resort to this.Still mistakes happen so keep track of your winnings no matter what the pay is.

after my bookeeper and CPA read this thread they said they swore they heard people dialing 1-800-IRS- RATS. I don't need anymore crap right now and god knows I could start bagging it for sale at this point. So I will spend this weekend identifying all payouts by car number instead of going to see mitzi. I'm sure she will understand. I'm sure this will ruin someone elses weekend as well( all of you can hang up your whistleblower phones now).I hope that this is the last issue I have to deal withPLEASE just leave us to our misery.

M&M

Bullitin

The occupational safty and health administration(OSHA) has determined that the maximum load capacity on my butt is two persons at a time , unless I install hand rails or safty straps. As you have arrived sixth in line to ride my ass today please take a number and wait your turn.

To explain how this was going to work (for those that think they have a better way of taking care of my business). we were making w-2's for drivers and reporting your earnings as tax paid performance bonuses. It would have been better for all of you......but with all the medeling we will comply to the powers that be and you will now recieve a 1099 and have to take care of it on your own. Sorry.. the grinch stole christmas again

michael

Well it shows why CC has a new "owner" / manager almost every year.Its not just CC,every track manager has to deal with the constant bickering and most of the time it ends up just not worth the trouble.It takes super thick skin to absorb all this and because most promoters only do this part time because they have real jobs too,quitting gets to looking better with each passing day.Why should these people have to deal with such meanness.Lets hope Dans tenure is less painfull for him even though he might not be as vunerable.(he is a tough guy without major personal issues that I know of.)

I do applaude the institution that is CC Speedway for its ability to keep pumping life into itself especially after looking at all the tracks that are eather closed or depending on the racers to pay the bills rather than the audience.

At this point my only question is how many thunder cars are planning to run at CC especially with the dirt track also running them.From all the bickering last year about rules there must be a lot.

Carol,I know your just looking out for us and I appreciate it but I dont think anyone was trying to do something harmful,its just todays laws leave things open to interputation sometimes.Uncle Sam or in this case Uncle Obama will get his dough.His profit from my efforts are much greater than mine.

OT quit looking at butts. :lol:

B) The task was compleated last evening and will be mailed on monday. Now all will be right with the world..stocks will go up...banks will become solvent..the big three will dominate the asian imports...forclosures will stop and oldtimer willquit checking out my little ass...........let's go racin

michael

lol...the only reason i checked one day was to see if you still had some after all the butt chewing you have gotten all year ..wanted to find out if there was some left for me iffen igot the urge to chew some off myself .... heck if you need some mikie i have plenty to go around ..

Archived