What's happening in the dirt track racing world early this season

NickHolt

Here's a look at the beginning of the 2009 dirt track racing season as compiled by our own Jay Hallas (rebelracewriter)

Fast 50---Cowtown Speedway---Feb 13/14

Icebreaker---Abilene Speedway---Feb 20-22 (3 separate shows)

Texas World Dirt Track Championship---TMS Dirt --- Feb 26(practice), 27/28

SouthTexas Speedway Opener----Feb 28

ASCS Gulf South Region---Golden Triangle Raceway Park--Mar 6

ASCS Gulf South Region----105 Speedway---Mar 7

Texas State Modified Championship---Devils Bowl Speedway---Mar 6/7

Chub Daniels Memorial---Southern New Mexico Speedway (Las Cruces)---Mar 6-8

World of Outlaws Late Models---Battleground Speedway---Mar 20/21

ASCS Gulf South Reg---Gator Motorplex---Mar 28

Texana Raceway Park Opener (Aaron Hudgeons Benefit)---Mar 28

Other stuff(NOT already posted somewhere on here)

Big Chill---Thunderbird Spwy.---2/5-7

Longhorn Roundup---Super Bowl Spwy.---2/19-21

Southern Classic---San Angelo---3/13-15

Heart O Texas Spwy. opener---3/6

Texas Thunder Spwy. opener---3/7

Grand Prairie Spwy. opener---3/6

Champion Motor Spwy. opener---4/4

Grayson County Spwy. opener---3/28

Houston Raceway Park opener---3/14

Tx. Dirt Motorplex opener---3/7

Rio Grande Spwy. opener---2/28

281 Spwy. opener---4/18

Thanks for posting those dates. Lots of good shows coming up all at once and good to have the info organized in one spot to view. We're gonna make a haul up to Superbowl in Greenville for the Longhorn Roundup on Feb 20 & 21, and have a run with the Young Guns Mini-Stocks. Should be fun. Hope to catch one of STS' early practices before hand.

Thanx Monty, I did it for the new LSS dirt track calendar, but Nick put it over here......

Tell Lauren Good Luck!!!!.....some of those boys are tough competition and have been racing since they were 12(or younger).....It's in their blood and genes....

The Round-up used to be one of the premier shows in Texas when it was held at North Texas Spwy.(Royse City---now a school :angry: )paying 20K to win and getting 200+ modifieds showing up....It's not near the same anymore....I think it's paying mods 2K to win this year. On the bright side, the mini's should get to race before 3AM....LOL

So did you and Tony work out any Young Gun dates for Texana?

A few more I came up with;

Winter Series

Southern New Mexico Spwy.---1/24, 2/7

El Paso Spwy. Park---1/25, 2/8

Pat Bunch Memorial---Paris Motor Spwy.---2/27-28

Spring Kick Off---Kennedale Spwy. Park---3/6-8

105 Spwy. opener---2/28

Boyd Raceway opener---3/6

67 Speedway(Texarkana) opener---3/21

Speedarama Raceway(Lufkin)---4/4

EPSP opener---4/3

SNMS opener---4/4

One of the better tracks in the Houston area, Battleground speedway, reopens and starts their season 02/28.

And I believe it's been reported elsewhere on this site, but just in case you missed it, the WOO Late Models visit Battleground 03/20. And from what I've read of the payout,should be a good show, attractive enough that som ebig names may travel down.

Heck, I'll probably be racing my Mod there that weekend, so if nothing else entices you to go, that should ;)

Thanx Monty, I did it for the new LSS dirt track calendar, but Nick put it over here......

Tell Lauren Good Luck!!!!.....some of those boys are tough competition and have been racing since they were 12(or younger).....It's in their blood and genes....

The Round-up used to be one of the premier shows in Texas when it was held at North Texas Spwy.(Royse City---now a school :angry: )paying 20K to win and getting 200+ modifieds showing up....It's not near the same anymore....I think it's paying mods 2K to win this year. On the bright side, the mini's should get to race before 3AM....LOL

So did you and Tony work out any Young Gun dates for Texana?

Lauren told me to tell you thank you for the good luck wishes. Those kind of things mean a lot to her. She's very excited about getting to run with the group. I have family in McKinney, Princeton and Farmersville, so this will be a good opportunity for them to see her run if they want.... They sure can't say that it is too far for them if we haul to

Greenville. Also, it's a good chance for her to run with some other drivers and get experience on a different track. A good prelude to our 2010 plans..... I had a chance to go to Royse City a couple of times in 89 or 90. That sure was an awesome facility at the time...

Tony and I talked in December about a date for July that would work with their calendar, but we talked again lat week and he was having trouble getting commitments from the regulars at present. It may be too far of a distance for the teens as the majority live in the northern Central Texas area as best as I can tell. But, I'm holding out hope. I think his series is a real good deal for the kids, and he seems to really care about helping the kids.

A few more I came up with;

Winter Series

Southern New Mexico Spwy.---1/24, 2/7

El Paso Spwy. Park---1/25, 2/8

They had 27 modifieds show up on Saturday for the first race of the winter series. It seemed like a lot of them were from out of town too.

Archived