2009 Modified Rules

Open Wheel

• 1 month later...

As a driver or owner of a car in this class, one has to really worry if there will be any there..First they said IMCA without the claim..Then it changed to OUTLAW... Then the Quick change was ok...Now USMTS without USMTS sanction..We are not talking hundreds of dollars to make these changes.WE ARE TALKING THOUSANDS!!!..We went and practiced a couple of weeks back and felt CLOSE to ready,Now we dont even feel close..And we want to race at home,But who with a mod is getting ready due to not knowing the rules??and one thing about OUTLAW and USMTS MODS are there purse.. they are healthly and guarenteed to bring in the cars,Will i37 do this?? FRANK TORRES

As a driver or owner of a car in this class, one has to really worry if there will be any there..First they said IMCA without the claim..Then it changed to OUTLAW... Then the Quick change was ok...Now USMTS without USMTS sanction..We are not talking hundreds of dollars to make these changes.WE ARE TALKING THOUSANDS!!!..We went and practiced a couple of weeks back and felt CLOSE to ready,Now we dont even feel close..And we want to race at home,But who with a mod is getting ready due to not knowing the rules??and one thing about OUTLAW and USMTS MODS are there purse.. they are healthly and guarenteed to bring in the cars,Will i37 do this?? FRANK TORRES

Frank -- Quite being so unreasonable! It's only the middle of February, races start the middle of March and you want to know what the rules are?? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Don in Austin

It is 3:15pm now, if she gets it up by 8 or 9pm that is still Monday correct?

When I spoke to Jim earlier today, he sounds really excited. He was painting a new fence they put up and said they had plans to get a few more things done before opening night. I would like to say as a possible future sponsor that I'm excited about how things are going at the track. Jim, Eric, the whole family and The G's have been working hard trying to keep I37 as a racing venue... These are great folks, take time and get to know them!

I'd like to wish everyone a great 2009 racing season...

Mark

Kerrville does not even cross my mind when i think of racing and the pay outs..(THE PAST SUCKED!)I will say that SHADY OAKS has no track record ,but things are being done in a professional way it seems to me..I compare to STS and EDNA... They are both outlaw tracks with a proven track record..I generally dont care about PAYOUTS that much, but the change over was VERY costly,and because of the change from one thing to another change came so late,MONEY got spent all at once instead of over a few months....And as one that has sponsored cars for many years,I expect things to be right where my money is spent....Is that asking to much???...FRANK TORRES

Well Kiss i am sure its now past monday...I am very sure its past the hours you stated... But i called like you said.. Left a message although that was not in your instructions..To the ones that have shown an interest,perhaps its because they have been long time supportors of i37 and just want a cut and dried answer from a staff member..Again not trying to be a smart ass, But i do have investment in a couple of cars that i would like to race there...PROUD owner of TWO championship driving boys with FOUR to date championships!!...FRANK TORRES

THE PAYOUT IS POSTED ON THE WEBSITE :rolleyes: AND TO THINK I JUST WENT AND SPENT WELL LETS SAY THIS A TON OF MONEY FOR A MOTOR THAT DYNOED AT 647 AND IS MENT TO SPIN 9000 :blink: AND RAN IT SAT MAN WHAT A BULLET ;) AND NOPE I HAVE GAVE UP ON THE IDEAL OF NEEDING 300 TO 400 HP THATS FUNNY SHIAT :lol: THE BANKER SAYS IM CRAZY BUT OH WELL TAKING THE MOTOR OUT AS WE SPEAK AND PUTTING IN MY IMCA MOTOR SEE YA AROUND

THE PAYOUT IS POSTED ON THE WEBSITE :rolleyes: AND TO THINK I JUST WENT AND SPENT WELL LETS SAY THIS A TON OF MONEY FOR A MOTOR THAT DYNOED AT 647 AND IS MENT TO SPIN 9000 :blink: AND RAN IT SAT MAN WHAT A BULLET ;) AND NOPE I HAVE GAVE UP ON THE IDEAL OF NEEDING 300 TO 400 HP THATS FUNNY SHIAT :lol: THE BANKER SAYS IM CRAZY BUT OH WELL TAKING THE MOTOR OUT AS WE SPEAK AND PUTTING IN MY IMCA MOTOR SEE YA AROUND

yep iam thinking waco is not that far for the money its cheapier to tow the 190 miles

One of the great things about the dirt track racing in Texas is that folks have a choice where they want to race. Some want to race here. Some want to race there - and each for his/her own personal reasons as we see in this thread.

Not everyone has the same goals in mind when they put their race car together. For every one that says they're racing here or there, there's another who sees the advantages of racing there or here! What's good for the goose may not be good for the gander. It all works out.

Free Enterprise Works!

Nick

You are right about Free Enterprise working Nick. I think I-37 has a great opportunity right now. They run Outlaw Modifieds with the same set of rules that South Texas Speedway, Shady Oaks Speedway and Texana Raceway Park are going to run. They are the only Friday night track and most of those cars are within driving distance. That means all the cars that run at the other three tracks will be available to race at I-37 every Friday night. Even with Free Enterprise the value a spectator gets for their money determines the success of the business owner. It has been proven I-37 has its best Modified car counts when they pay $1,000 to win. At $300 to win, I doubt they will have any more cars than last year even though there are more cars available now. At $1,000 to win, they will draw a lot more cars. How many more cars and fans would it take to get a good return on the extra $700? That is for the management to decide. I am not bashing the management but from our point of view the $300 will have us racing a lot more on Saturdays than on Fridays. Partially from a money point and also it is just not as much fun racing against 5 cars when you can race against 16 the next night.

Well put Chip, I-37 has the opportunity now to draw cars from C.C., Goliad, Edna and even as far away as Houston if they get the payout up to where you have a chance to recoupe some of the expence in getting to the track. Greg, you got that right! Great Fans. Good luck to everyone this season.

Archived