What gear do the mod's run at Goliad?

How big is Goliad. It does not say on the website. The straightaways look long and the turns very sharp.

They (the straights) are. I used to run primarily at HRP in the old (better in my opinion) configuration. The "old" HRP was listed has a 3/8-mile track, but I'm guessing it was closer to a half-mile at the wall.

Anyway, ran my old car (currently referred to as a Southern Late Model Stock) at Goliad one Haloween Havoc. Without changing the gear from what I was running at HRP (final drive 6.50), I was turning many more RPMs at Goliad.

Was does all this tell you? Probably not much of a dang thing. I just felt like rambling .....:)

• 2 months later...

Used to run out there and I ran a 1.68 2nd gear with a 4.10 rearend gear. Or you can run a 4.11 rearend. Give you a 6.89 to 6.91 gear. Turned about 7100 rps in super stock.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
What kinda rpm did that 6.0 turn Greg, I have a 5.83 but don't want to sling the rods out?

then an 83 would be good i ran a 6.0 and a 83 spit the rods out but never hit an 8000 chip so i am guessing 7600 or so on a 83 see ya if i get things together for weekend greg if not hope all have a great weekend

Archived