Pops Carpenter passed

Flipper13

yes frank " pops " carpenter passed away today 1-4-2009 .

Glad you put that pic on here ..i was looking for one to post myself ....... that brings back alot of memorys .....we had alot of fun over those years with your dad ..... His contribution to racers and racen alike can not be measured .....he was a true champion in many many ways ......

steven is that the car he bought from gus ..what year was that ..my quess it was 1987 ..if so thats the car he let me race . in which i won my first race in ..that car was fast .it could compete today with tps ..also look at my avitar .that was 1990 when i won the feature after blowing number one rod out the side of the block as i took the white flag and still ran long enough to beat jamie garner across the line just by a few feat ...well that motor in that car that night was franks ..i remember the words that came out of his mouth when i told him i was sorry i wasted his motor . it didnt stop running and i was not aboult to shut it off and lose the race .... his words i would have kicked your blank if you had done that ..it was blown so what would it had saved in doing so .....

Archived