Swap Meet & Test-n-Tune

SassyCassie14

So much for tracks working together. <_< I guess I'll have to choose one or the other. :(

Ummmm, how are you being constructive here? People are asking for T&T dates and they are giving them dates... There are not many weeks left till start of the season and with Daytona races coming quick, there arent many weekends left in January...

Who said the swap meet has to be in Jan. THR has had their swap meet and banquet on the same day for several years now and they announced theirs a month and a half ago. They announced the addition of the test-n-tune over a week ago. So who's conflicting with who? Besides, I had already scheduled THR, so that's the one I'll stick with.

But then, one is asphalt and one is dirt, so they really don't conflict do they?

Greg, we've always run spoilers - Goliad Super Stock, Goliad Modifieds, TX Asphalt Modifieds, ROMCO, USRA, ASA LMS, Sport Mods. You're the one that needs to "put a spoiler on and deal with it". :lol::lol::lol:

Who said the swap meet has to be in Jan. THR has had their swap meet and banquet on the same day for several years now and they announced theirs a month and a half ago. They announced the addition of the test-n-tune over a week ago. So who's conflicting with who? Besides, I had already scheduled THR, so that's the one I'll stick with.

But then, one is asphalt and one is dirt, so they really don't conflict do they?

Greg, we've always run spoilers - Goliad Super Stock, Goliad Modifieds, TX Asphalt Modifieds, ROMCO, USRA, ASA LMS, Sport Mods. You're the one that needs to "put a spoiler on and deal with it". :lol::lol::lol:

AND THAT SPOILER DIDNT HELP AT ALL DID IT R U STILL RACING THOSE CARS OR DID THEY PRICE THEMSELVES OUT ALSO OH I KNOW THTA ANSWER IT WOULD BE THAT REAL CHEAP MOD MOTOR U R SELLING SOMEBODY NEEDS TO BUY IT AND PRICE THEMSELVES RIGHT OUT OF RACING PUT A SPOILER ON IT U MIGHT NEED MORE THAN A SPOILER RUSTY :rolleyes:

So much for tracks working together. <_< I guess I'll have to choose one or the other. :(

Ummmm, how are you being constructive here? People are asking for T&T dates and they are giving them dates... There are not many weeks left till start of the season and with Daytona races coming quick, there arent many weekends left in January...

I would guess Rusty's point is I-37 could draw more people if they did not have the swap meet the same day as THR. If they had it on a different day, I-37 could get some of the asphalt guys to the track because of the swap meet and they could watch a little dirt track testing while they were there. Maybe they could even get a couple of them interested in dirt track racing. Since there is not much racing stuff going on it is a shame there has to be three swap meets on the same weekend.

I believe this date had been originally set as a race date for 1 of 4 "winter races" Only one race date happened. Jim and I have talked way before off season about test & tunes and other events. I don't have a position at the track, but do support them and believe in what they are doing.

Write, Call or email Jim if you have any questions.... It is that simple!

Nick,

Greg and I are just working up a little good hearted rivalry for the '09 season. It's all in fun. We've been friends for a long time.

Regarding the swap meets:

Swap meets help racers by providing a source of inexpensive parts (buyer) or money to buy parts, racing expenses, etc (seller). When there are 3 on the same day, both buyer and seller are done a disservice. It was tongue-in-cheek when I said they don't conflict because they are dirt and asphalt . They do conflict and tracks had better figure that out. I need parts for an ASA ProLM and an outlaw Modified (a spoiler, Greg), but I probably won't find what I need at only one.

Besides, I would like to see some dirt test-n-tune and some asphalt test-n-tune.

See You In Dallas Dale. What time will you be getting there?

I doubt he knows yet...we are planning on leaving early...and taking a trailer (with a crappy modified..lol) and other stuff to sell...you taking anything...we could share a booth.....dale is supposed to ride with us...but who knows...I heard some talk about him coming out a little later than us......AJ

AJ---you selling your mod?

Lenae

I hesitate to even call it that...but yes..I am selling the car I ran with the modifieds...lol I just hope some one is crazy enough to buy it...but if you guys ever need a driver let me know...I still would like to drive a real modified...AJ

FYI - Gary Swenson will NOT be able to make this practice day. So if anyone needs any racing fuel and/or parts, please call him and get it ordered before the 24th. His # is 210-378-4848.

Thanks

Also for the swap meet, it will be held in the pit area.

$10.00 for anyone in the pit area

There will not be an extra charge for anyone selling parts.

Drivers - $25.00 - for test-n-tune

Archived