another sad lost

JUST GOT WORD FROM CRT WE HAVE LOST ANOTHER GREAT RACER FROM THE PAST ......

FRANK POPS CARPENTER ... THIS MAN LOVED RACEN .AND OVER THE YEARS HIS HEALTH DIDNT LET HIM ATTEND .... THIS FINE MAN WOULD GO OUT AND BUY UP CARS .BUY UP PIPE AND GIVE IT AWAY TO ANYONE WHO WANTED TO RACE ... HE HELPED ME RACE IN MY EARLY YEARS .IN FACT LONED ME HIS CAR IN 87 WITH OUT REALLY KNOWING ME .. I WON .... .... FRANK WAS ALSO A FINE DRIVER ..EVENTHOUGH HE HAD ONE EYE HE COULD OUT RACE ANYONE WHEN HE DECIDED TO. IN 91 HIS SON AND BOBBY BOUROWS NOT SPELLED CORRECTLY I THINK ..AND I ALONG WITH RAYMOND HARRIS BUILT THE FIRST WINNING MUSTANG IN WHAT WAS KNOWN AT THE TIME MINNIE STOCK ... HE WAS THE FIRST TO WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP DRIVEING A MUSTANG AT CC ..WITH ONLY 2 WINS ..I REMEMBER HIM SAYING HE DIDNT WANT TO WIN BUT ONE RACE THAT YEAR ..THE LAST ONE ........ ... HE RACED AGAINST SOME OF THE BEST DRIVERS FROM TPS ..DOUG MCBEE ..JOHN AND SCOTT SULLIVAN ... THE GREAT LARRY KRAUS ..AND MANY OTHERS ...HE WILL BE MISSED ....

For many years, I know that "Pops" Carpenter helped several Texas Pro Sedans car owners and drivers of Ford makes with their cars. I never met "Pops", but I am well aware of his contributions to four cylinder racing.

I extend sympathy to former TPS driver Steven Carpenter and his family in their time of sorrow.

Thank you and R.I.P "Pops".

Neil Upchurch

Race & Administrative Director

Texas Pro Sedans

Archived