Another NASCAR mistake?

Definitive

This subject just hit the NASCAR.com board on Monday but appearantly the new shootout format was established in August.From what I understand,winning a pole means nothing next year.The Bud Shootout will consist of the top 6 in points from each manufacturer.This would be 24 cars starting the race.What do they do if there aren't even 6 Dogde teams next year?The shootout used to be more of an elite race.The new format would allow some that weren't even close to being competetive last year to run the race.On the other hand....if only 6 Chevy drivers can make the race,it would leave out some very good competetive racers.So....someone like Matt Kenseth(he isn't the only one) gets to run the event even though he never even attempts to run for the pole.In fact,the 17 bunch prolly doesn't even remember how to set-up for a pole run.They always set-up for race day.Some drivers like Paul Menard get a pole,yet can't run the event.Pole Day is No Day now and the teams should show up on Saturday and practice for Sunday.

Hear where Toyoty is in trouble as well as the big 3.......kinda make's you wanna go hmmmmmmmmmmmmm! NA$$$$$$$CAR

In a roundabout way,the U.S. government has been bailing out Toyota for years.Everytime Japan has an economic crash,the U.S. sends billions in aid.In a way,a Japanese bailout of Toyota would be with U.S. tax dollars.It's just too ironic to even fathom. :P

NASCAR didn't make the decision BUD did. Bud didn't want to have the COOLS Pole winners in the bud shoot out. it has nothing to do with the manufacturers or nascar. Its not a smart business plan to have a race for a rivial companies award.

NASCAR didn't make the decision BUD did. Bud didn't want to have the COOLS Pole winners in the bud shoot out. it has nothing to do with the manufacturers or nascar. Its not a smart business plan to have a race for a rivial companies award.

I can understand the buisness aspect of it,but where does that leave Pole Day?If NASCAR keeps letting outside entities run the sport then how will it keep control of anything?The only thing making it important to win a pole now is that first pit box.Everyone knows starting on the pole is only important at a few tracks.These guys start from twentieth on back many times and win.Is it going to be woth it in the near future for Coors to continue to sponsor Pole Day?Maybe it won't be a mistake on NASCAR's part to allow a sponsor to dictate how the racers race,but I'm not so sure.Time will tell the tale I guess.

so you will basically be watching all the hendrick cars running against all the roush cars against gibbs and whatever dodge comes up with. so the only mystery is who will be the seeds for the dodge?

(talking for future reference)

U.S. debt....that is a term made popular by our liberal madia.Another,more accurate,description would be...buying interest in the U.S....this is done through U.S. bonds...up until recently this was a good investment for other nations.That being said...I agree with you ProTree the U.S. needs to keep those nations solvent.We back them in a time of need because when they prosper they always reinvest in the U.S.Most of the time this country is a good bet.

Archived