Source for Methanol

1-Crew

Finally taking the next step. I have been running waste veggie for a while but recently got a load of "bad oil". The oil looks OK but smells like Pine - o - pine.. I can only guess they used some type of cleaner that may harm my injectors.. I have 80 gallons of the stuff so I don't want to waste it. I have decided to set up a biodiesel reactor thinking that the final wash of the bio will take care of any contaminants in the oil.. I need a source for methanol in the Austin - Round Rock - Hutto area.. Any suggestions??

just asking ,do you save that much with the price of everything going down.i could understand with a fleet, in the long run.but factoring time and equipment and what it takes to get the finished product.i'm one of those that will spend in one place and save somewhere else, but in the end, still hit my mark i'm shooting far as far as saving money and not waste my time making something i can buy cheaper.

just asking ,do you save that much with the price of everything going down.i could understand with a fleet, in the long run.but factoring time and equipment and what it takes to get the finished product.i'm one of those that will spend in one place and save somewhere else, but in the end, still hit my mark i'm shooting far as far as saving money and not waste my time making something i can buy cheaper.

So far the investment is small - free water heater someone was throwing out, $35 pump from Harbor Freight, some tubing, fittings and valves. Total by the time I am done is going to around $150. Call it a phase, kind of like brewing your own beer (which I have also done). I don't think diesel will stay as low as it is for long and this provides an alternative. I don't drive the truck often so I don't need a lot of material produced..

that's cool.know about the phases and homebrew too.brother and i get a kick out of making the hard stuff from time to time,being from the south.great grandpapa left the recipe and we found it a few decades ago.car would probably run on it,but may screw up some sensors or make the computer pass out.

Yeah. I've got the specific gravity meter my grandfather used to test his hooch (circa 1930), it won't work for beer - the range is for hard stuff. I remember seeing his bottle capper when we were cleaning out the garage in 1975 but I don't know where that ended up..

Archived