classes

We have had alot of questions about classes and rules. As of right now you can count on Texana Raceway rules as our rules for classes only. Our Speedway rules will be somewhat different and will be posted as soon as we can get some internet service that is faster than the "YUGO' speed we are currently dealing with. We are working with local racers to establish the late model rules and we are going to offer a true Bomber class. We are talking about a bomber that could be claimed for $500 so you would not want to invest any real money in the cars. The class will be bone stock cars with stock tires and wheels . We would also invite you to bring what we call the Farm Truck class. They must be a stock configuration truck with minor safety mods that will be allowed to race for FREE. We will not charge that class a race entry fee in lew of any purse other than promotional prizes that are given to the winners. We are building our own trophies and they should be alot better than you normally get because we can,and Jim has raced for years and always appreciated a good trophy. We will keep track of the points for the year and will give nice awards at the banquet that we hope to be able to have here once our hall is completed . I must say that the people of South Texas never stop amazing us. We have had great friends come and donate thier time in order that we can open on time and with a really nice venue. I cannot thank you all enough so I will try to mention them when I can. Butch King of Edwards Plumbing has given his time freely in order that our complete plumbing system will be everything it needs to be when we open .The formentioned time includes replaceing all 41 toilets with the newest toilets thanks to Fergusen Enterprises Inc. We are also updating the place to be ADA compliant and easier acsess to all. How can I thank DAM Services for donating a Maintaner and an operator. Carlton and Shorty came and dug all the holes that hold telephone poles that power our house,THANKS! Jeff Moore has been here every chance he gets and we thank you also. Kenny Densman has helped us every chance he gets also. He has helped us fix all of the electrical around here and has saved us thousands of dollars. Victor Lewis spent his day on a lift with Jim painting the grandstands .Yes you read it right we are painting the whole place. No more will you ruin you clothes on the rust that used to dominate the place. Slowly but surely we are getting it painted. Chris Shaffer hasworked here almost every weekend since we arrived and he also works for RSC rentals that have been more than helpfull thanks to the connection made for us. I am sure I missed somebody tonight but will remember them on the next post and want to say that my family could not be happier to be here and are very happy to have made this move. Thankyou to all of you that have helped and let me say thanks to those that will help in the near future. You can expect some fun times ahead at Shady Oaks Speedway in the year ahead. We will post a schedule and all the rules for them very shortly . Thanks for your patience ,Jim and Laurie Scribellito

Thanks Laurie we havent met but am already loving the communication you guys are sending out. The news is awesome and we are pumped up getting our cars ready! We are a traveling bunch but dont mind. You have chosen well teaming up with Texana. Those guys are class acts are are doing it right. The both of you will be stronger because of each other! Keep up the good work.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just curious if I wanted to bring a asphalt thunderstock from kyle once or twice. Where would you put me? I last ran at I37 in thier Nov. race without any changes other than tires... Just curious... I think the major issue I have seen before was having a Ford 9" rear and a few other smaller things... Really just looking to have fun... Thanks...

Marc

Just curious if I wanted to bring a asphalt thunderstock from kyle once or twice. Where would you put me? I last ran at I37 in thier Nov. race without any changes other than tires... Just curious... I think the major issue I have seen before was having a Ford 9" rear and a few other smaller things... Really just looking to have fun... Thanks...

Marc

Just my opinion....but the 9" is legal..as long as its a factory 9" (not a fabbed...or floater) in the pure stocks....and from what I remember...pretty much anything allowed in thunderstocks is allowed in pure stocks as well...AJ

AJ the only thing is that its a GM with a Ford 9" thanks for the answer tho :)

I know...and they are legal...just has to be a factory production 9"....no rules saying it has to be produced with it...I know of quite a few chevys running in this class with a 9" (including my car) they just did not allow after market 9" rearends...like grandnational or wide 5 types...AJ

AJ the only thing is that its a GM with a Ford 9" thanks for the answer tho :)

I know...and they are legal...just has to be a factory production 9"....no rules saying it has to be produced with it...I know of quite a few chevys running in this class with a 9" (including my car) they just did not allow after market 9" rearends...like grandnational or wide 5 types...AJ

Cool. Thanks for the info... :)

Archived