Motels for USMTS show

rebelracewriter

I got an email from photographer Ron Skinner who said he had to find a motel in Corpus. This would lead me to believe that ones in Edna are full?????.....from my experience on checking for rooms;

Online motels

Best Western...VERY EXPENSIVE....but has everything.....must be gold plated beds too LOL

Best Value....never stayed there, average price, wifi

others not online

Jackson Inn...361-782-0808---decent place, average price, wifi, no place to park race car haulers(maybe across the street)

Texana Inn....361-782-5502---cheap price, not so nice place, no place to park race car haulers

There are places in Port Lavaca or Victoria(both about 25 miles away)

Days Inn(PL) 65/night

Motel 6(PL) 60/night

Motel 6 (Vic) 50/night

There are more, but these are just the ones I've checked.

**Prices based on single/one person.

Texana Inn....361-782-5502---cheap price, not so nice place, no place to park race car haulers

So funny story about this place. Went to Texana a couple of times to take pictures and one time me and a buddy stayed here. Got there around 2 or so after the races and was sitting outside drinking beer. All of the sudden this car comes flying in the parking lot, parks right in front of us and this pissed off lady gets out of the car. I was thinking to my self before I saw her, "All I wanted to do was take pictures, watch some racing and drink some beer and this is how I am going to go!!!!" She bypassed me and my buddy and went to the room next to us and pounded on the door. To her dissappointment no one answered. She comes over to us and started asking us about if we knew what was going on in there. I told her we just got here so no. She leaves and we think everything is all cool. About 30mins later she comes pulling up again but this time she had a guy with her. Again, they pound on the door and again no answer. This time the guy is like is anyone in there and we were like we havent seen anyone. So she goes on to tell us she thinks her "baby daddy" is in there with another woman and they want to make sure he knows he is in the wrong. So they leave after a little while of waiting. No more than about 2 mins later, the hotel door goes flying open, this half naked lady goes running out to a car in the parking lot with a half naked guy behind her. They go flyin away. About 10mins later, he comes back, runs into the room and locks the door. A couple mins after that, the first woman comes back, pounds on the door and he answers this time letting her in. Now, I don't know if it was just our room walls or the whole place but were they paper thin. All I have to say is I heard way more than I wanted to that night. Wada place!!

Archived