Anyone have inet card?

TRP

We have someone who is willing to do live updates on the USMTS event and post on the web. But, we need someone who has an inet card that will allow us to use. Anyone have one and willing to let it be used for for a few days?

-Monty

Monty,

I use a cingular 3G LaptopConnect Card when I am doing live updates from tracks that don't have a wireless network set up in their press room. A good many of the tracks on the east coast have a network all set up for the press... Not so in Texas -- yet. So I have to hope their is a cell tower close enough to the track to be able to do live updates. Do you get a good cell signal at the track?The

The card I use is an Option GT MAX 3.6 card, but the user has to have the Cingular Communication Manager software for it to run. It's like a cell phone that plugs into the laptop with a SIM card just like in your cell phone. I pay about $60 a month for the service and I only use it 15 or 20 times a year.

Do you think this one would meet your reporter's needs?

Nick

Now don't go believing everything Reb says. Actually he makes 10 times the salary I get at TXSZ. Let's see... 10 x $0 = $0. I guess Reb and I in the same pay grade... LOL

My laptop was state-of-the-art in 1998, Jay, but, sadly, it's on its last legs and crashed two or three times while I was trying to do the HMP live updates last time out. .. Very frustrating to say the least especially since it takes at least 5 minutes to fully reboot and reconnect to the media tower signal after a crash. Lot's of laps are run in five minutes.

Nick

Archived