Thank you CC Speedway

thumper

I would like to take this time to thank Michael and Mitzi Rhoads for re-opening CC Speedway this year and keeping this landmark facility alive for its 60th year.Overcomming the uncearnty and sometimes troubled recient years they have operated for a full season and kept the purses paid all year and have done what they said they were going to do at the beginning of the year.I know it couldnt have been profitable for them but the love of racing makes us all do things that may not seem rational.But I believe in looking at the facts,and for me I got another year to enjoy the sport I love most as a driver and spectator.At the beginning of the year many were cautious about investing in this track again not sure if it would remain open.Any doubts are now easily laid to rest and everyone can feel assured that CC Speedway IS alive and well.And I feel lucky to have been a part of the new beginning.

To all those who make the operation of this facility possible a big thanks to you too.The safty crew,the pit stewarts,the announcer,the fantastic food prepairers and all the others that make this operation work are the best people to get to know and thats why I call this my second home,it feels like it.Everyone is so friendly.Like a big family.

To all the competetors including drivers,crews family members and everyone else responsible for the show,I salute you.You all have so much passion for your sport and it shows in every race.And the level of respect you show each other and me is the strongest I have experienced from any track and I have raced at many.If someone needs help there is always people to offer it.Its like when we enter the pit gate we are all on the same page.Not to be mistaken for a lack of rivalary,the competetion is fierce and sometimes gets carried away but at the end of the nite we are all friends again.

Most importantly I want to thank the fans.CC fans are the most passionate,vocal,and appreciative of any fan base I have ever raced for.You encourage the underdog,boo dirty tricks,and cheer for a good performance.I am lucky to have raced for you and hope I did at least a little to entertain you.I believe next year you will witness an even better show as more teams realize that no matter what kind of car they like or how much greener the pasture looks elswhere,they will not get a better racing experience than what CC has to offer.Why travel when its in your own backyard?Prehaps someday there will be a section to be used as a museum.Wouldnt it be cool to see some of CCs past?As for the future,the drivers of tomorrow are now able to start prepairing for that future stock car by racing the carts.

CC Speedway now has a solid foundation again.For all of us.God willing,I will see you all next year.Thanks for the memories. G.B.Carter and Thumper

:D GB,

I would have to say that this is by far the best piece you've written on this site. I too think it was awesome job taking over from theiving woman that left so many of the drivers hanging on her fraudulant acts. Lets hope I get a chance to turn a few laps out there before I get sent back to IRAQ or some place worse. :D

I second the motion, Thanks a million to CC Speedway!

Whoooooooooooooo Hoooooooooooooooooooooooooo

:ph34r: Dennis in the Desert (Down South of Bahgdad) :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...
I agree.

From a fan's point of view, it was a great year.

Looking forward to next year

trucks 13 and 56 just want to say that we loved the races there and look forward to working with the truck series next year and want to help promote this icon race track that has been a large part of my life for years.If it wasn't for the fact of the cost of fuel to get to the track i would race for free. Thanks and please hang in there it can only get better !!!!!

Archived