TPS RACE RESULTS @ RRS

Texas Pro Sedans @ Red River Speedway - Oct 18

Finish- Car # r Driver/Hometown…Car Type/Engine CC…….Qual Time…Feature Laps

1--- 20 Sergio Hexsel/Live Oak, TX VW Rabbit/2042 … 15.329 … 50 Laps

2--- 14 ® Scott Fortin/Burkburnett, TX Ford Mustang/2338-svo … 15.342 … 50 Laps

3--- 26 Lalo Leal/Corpus Christi, TX Ford Cobra/2345-arca … 15.647 … 50 Laps

4--- 48 Mike Knotts/Universal City, TX VW Scirocco/1870 … 15.792 … 49 Laps

5--- 3 ® Bob Sherland/San Antonio, TX VW Rabbit/1782 … 16.541 … 48 Laps

6--- 28 ® Lisa Sandoval/Corpus Christi, TX Ford Pinto/2338-arca … 16.001 … 48 Laps

7--- 4 ® David Wright/Wichita Falls, TX Toyota Celica/2246 … 17.060 … 44 Laps

8--- 41 ® Jesse Sandoval Jr/Corpus Christi Ford Pinto/2338-svo … 17.317 … 44 Laps

9--- 50 Rick Dawdy/San Antonio, TX VW Rabbit/1648 … 16.922 … 43 Laps

10--- 23 J.J. Osburn III./Converse, TX Ford Pinto/2338 … 17.667 … 42 Laps

11--- 71 Bruce Mabrito/San Antonio, TX VW Rabbit/1780 … 17.573 … 31 Laps

12--- 84 ® Josh Cournoyer/Wichita Falls, TX Ford Pinto/2350 … 15.562 … 18 Laps

13--- 78 Adam McCosh/Cibolo,TX VW Sedan/1835 … 17.819 … 13 Laps

14--- 22 Harry Osburn Jr./San Antonio, TX Ford Mustang/2338-svo … 17.026 … 11 Laps

15--- 70 Mike Merrell/Kingsland, TX VW Scirocco/1690 … 15.382 … 10 Laps

16--- 38 Dave Parks/San Antonio, TX 2001 VW Sedan/1588 … 19.015 … 6 Laps

Feature race margin of victory .975 secs. #20's 15.329 not new TPS/RRS record. 1 point fastest non-record

The Last Chance Qual Race was not held due to TPS entries at track not exceeding 22 cars.

Penalties: #38, #22, #78 & #71 were black flagged by TPS Race Control radio (to slow).

No other technical penalties were issued at this race

® - eligible TPS "Rookie Of The Year"

TPS THANKS RACE SPONSORS:

Hoosier Racing Tires Southwest, Tom Lorenz and Jerry Spencer

Richard & Bea Villanueva of San Antonio

Nelson Skinner, Attorney at Law of San Antonio

Buggy Warehouse of San Antonio, Steve Foster

Texican's Restaurant, Iowa Park, TX

Chase Wright of the NY Yankees and Wichita Falls, TX

ATV World, Burkburnett, TX, thru: Scott Fortin

TPS thanks Red River Speedway for hosting three races during the 33rd consecutive TPS season.

TEXAS PRO SEDANS 2008 REMAINING SCHEDULE (Subject to Change)

Nov 8 - 2008 TPS Awards Dinner (6:30pm) Earl Abel's Restaurant, 1201 Austin Highway, San Antonio

Official TPS Results Certified by:

Neil Upchurch

Race & Administrative Director

210/655-3222 office

neilupchurch@sbcglobal.net

For additional information about TPS please visit: www.texasprosedans.com/

FINAL 2008 TPS POINTS (after October 18)

Position Car # Driver Hometown Points

1--- 20 C Sergio Hexsel/Live Oak, TX >>> 154

2--- 70 Mike Merrell/Kingsland, TX >>> 148

3--- 26 Lalo Leal/Corpus Christi, TX >>> 131

4--- 7 Jesse Sandoval/Corpus Christi >>> 99

5--- 48 Mike Knotts/Universal City, TX >>> 96

6--- 15 Tom Johnson/Kingsland, TX >>> 89

7--- 27 Bill Labarge/Bryan, TX >>> 85

8t-- 3 R Bob Sherland/San Antonio, TX >>> 64

8t-- 28 ® Lisa Sandoval/Corpus Christi, TX >>> 64

10-- 22 Harry Osburn Jr./San Antonio, TX>>> 62

11-- 56 Jason Krueger/Seguin, TX >>> 53

12-- 71 Bruce Mabrito/San Antonio, TX >>> 48

13-- 84 ® Josh Cournoyer/Wichita Falls, TX >>> 40

14-- 78 Adam McCosh/Cibolo,TX >>> 35

15-- 18 Lanny Young/Kingsland, TX >>> 33

16-- 4 ® David Wright/Wichita Falls, TX >>> 25

17-- 46 ® Mark Rahn/San Antonio, TX >>> 24

18-- 72 Candi Hogan/Cedar Park, TX >>> 21

19t- 23 J.J. Osburn III./Converse, TX >>> 20

19t- 85 Ja Lane/Katy, TX >>> 20

21-- 24 ® Jody Wayne Stuart, San Antonio >>> 15

22-- 14 ® Scott Fortin/Burkburnett, TX >>> 16

23t- O4 ® Nathan Robbins/Bastrop, TX >>> 13

23t- 38 Dave Parks/San Antonio, TX >>> 13

23t- 9 ® James Burrows/Yorktown, TX >>> 13

26-- 86 ® Michael Deschenes/Kansas City, MO >>> 11

27-- 25 ® Mike McCain/Corpus Christi, TX >>> 10

28t- 50 Rick Dawdy/San Antonio, TX >>> 9

28t- 97 Kevin Hallman/Cibolo, TX >>> 9

28t- 9 B ® Bobby Burrows/Yorktown, TX >>> 9

31-- 41 ® Jesse Sandoval Jr/Corpus Christi >>> 7

32t- 55 John Miesen/Marion, TX >>> 6

32t- 31 ® Brooks Payne/Wichita Falls, TX >>> 6

34-- 66 Ariel Arredondo/Corpus Christi,TX>>> 5

35-- 29 Rico Gutierrez/Corpus Christi, TX >>> 0

36-- 10 Donnie Moore/Hutto, TX >>> 0

C 2008 TPS Driver Championship Award Winner

R 2008 TPS "Rookie of the Year" Award Winner (wins by 3rd tie-breaker)

® Was eligible for 2008 TPS "Rookie of the Year" Award

Note: Per TPS Rules, "Championship and Rookie final point ties

broken by most: 1st, most 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th - etc"

Drivers without 2008 TPS Points:

01 ® Mike O'Connor/Weatherford, TX

5 ® Gage Guevara/Corpus Christi, TX

14 W ® Will Robertson/Corpus Christi, TX

19 Lloyd Hart/San Antonio, TX

54 ® Mike Cooper/Knoxville, TX

74 John Wasek/Austin, TX

84 H ® Hank Cournoyer/Wichita Falls, TX

Official TPS Points Certified by:

Neil Upchurch

210/655-3222 office

Hey BrazilNut 20

The “Championship” going into the last race was only 11 points from you! Congrats on the Pole and Congrats on the Win! It was an exciting race and you drove your heart out and made it happen. Awesome! Congrats on being the TPS Champion again in 2008!

The Race Spirit

Interesting weekend. Congrats to Sergio for your championship. Mike, I know you'll be back to give everyone a run for their money again. Lalo, I hope you make it home without anymore trouble. Something should also be said about the security (or lack there of) at the HOST hotel. You would think that after someone had things taken on friday night they would have been a little more vigilant on saturday night. Thanks everyone for a great season

Ozzy

Hasn't something been stolen from someone every race we've had up there this year? I know back in June before we (my family) went up, my mom noticed that, that hotel was closer to the bad side of town (what exists of it up there anyways), which she remembered from when we used to live up there. We've been staying at the Best Westerns and haven't had a problem, but I know they have a guard actually in the parking lot.

two generators and a compressor in two nights ...makes for a good haul .... they had to work hard to get ours ..it was bolted down but not easy to take off .... i know one thing .if we ever go back .ill think ill be staying somewhere else .... if your going to lose equipment . you may aswell stay somewhere at a higher rate. where they do have guards .... ozzy i agree after they hit us friday night .they should have had someone out there patroling ...makes you wonder if it an inside job ..really really really unhappy with them ..we havent had any problems the first two times and have parked in the same place as always .....

Sergio

Congradulation does not seem like it says enough. You and Don have always been top notch in the garage, track and the pits.

After blowing my chances to race with you I had the opportunity to watch you at work at red river. You my friend are a monster and I am glad you were not behind me. You drove an outstanding and flawless race and are well deserved the 2008 Championship. I could not of lost to a better person.

See you at the awards ceremony.

Mike Merrell

I would also like to congradulate Bob Shurland as well for rookie of the year. Your hard work paid off.

As far as the rest of the TPS bunch, good season, fun to race with and always happy to see all at the track.

mike i know that had to be a heart breaker . i felt bad for you ..and we all know sergio as a very fine person aswell as don would not have wanted to win the championship that way ..as for rookie .. ...brakes overheated on lisa and went by. by . and bobs didnt .and won the rookie fair and square .congradulation bob ...i have to thank all drivers for racen clean around lisa and bob ..and bob raced lisa very cleanly and that shows what kind of driver he is ..aswell as lisa ....... thank the lord the season is over ..

to all the tps drivers , crews and officials , it was great to run with you guys again ! my best times racing this year has been with the tps series ! my family really enjoys participating with the tps racing series ! my son said he sees now why i enjoy racing with you guys . congrats sergio , you are one hell of a driver ! mike merrell , sorry for your mis fortune , you are a great driver too ! thanks again to everyone in the tps series , my family had a great time beeing around yall again ! see yall in kyle next year ! oldtimer : you better get a car ready for 2009 , im coming to get you ! to the # 50 driver , sorry for the contact during the race , my fault ! to the #27 driver , sorry you couldnt make it up here ,i apoligize for any mis communication you may have read on here !

The problem on the track was not any 1 driver. The problem on the track was that there were cars racing side by side that couldn't keep a safe pace and should have been in the infield. There needs to be some kind of rule that if you can't run a certain pace then you will be black flagged. There were severals cars running 19-20 second laps times. It's very dangerous with a car count this size and a track this small. It would be different if it was only 1 maybe 2 cars.The leaders were very lucky that Josh was the only one that got caught up in the lap traffic. There was several cars with engine problems that were still coasting around the track at the half way point. The leader did an unbeliveble job of driving through the traffic.

[note: this post has been edited by Nick Holt on 10/22/08 to remove sections that refer to posts that have been deleted]

...some of those slow cars needed to be pulled off and did so . . but in racen there are slow cars and fast cars .those slow car have as much right to be on the track as fast cars do in most cases ..they are in a race in themselfs ..and may be running for a points position .just finishing a race may make a differents ..and all those slow cars i saw being passed were down as low as they could go ..so its up to the fast car driver to figure out how to pass them before he gets to them ..i do and have done it ..thats makes you a driver ..and gives the fans something to look forward to .instead of a follow the leader race ....a big high speed track i could say yes pull them off ..red river isnt high speed .just short ...with alot of track to pass on in the turns .cant handle higher up then set your car up to run up there ..cc is tighter than red river by far ..and passing slow cars has always been a problem .but is done every race night ..those drivers have figured out how to do it ..i did ...sometimes you have to slow down alittle to make a clean pass ....

There's a big difference between "slow" and "not running right". If a car is not running correctly it has to be pulled off the track. I disagree with you oldtimer that its easier to pass on smaller tracks. In Kyle there's alot more track to pass. The leader was having to make some pretty serious driving decision's to dodge all the lapped traffic. There is alway's going to be faster and slower cars, but 4-5 seconds slower than than leaders come on.

[edited out by Nick Holt, 10/22/08] But all slower cars were black flagged AND were OFF the track when he took his spin. (38,22,78). The 71 was black flagged a few laps later when his engine developed problems. [edited out by Nick Holt, 10/22/08]

I am sorry but I must disagree. The slower traffic 22 & 78 didn't come off the track until the wreck happened. But there was a caution before this happened were they could have come off, but didn't.hmmmm The 20, 14, and 48 did an amazing job of going through the traffic until the wreck occured. [edited out by Nick Holt, 10/22/08]

dmustang: You wrote - "I am sorry but I must disagree. The slower traffic 22 & 78 didn't come off the track until the wreck happened. But there was a caution before this happened were they could have come off, but didn't.hmmmm"

(Please refer to an applicable extract from the Official TPS Race Results):

11--- 71 Bruce Mabrito/San Antonio, TX VW Rabbit/1780 - 31 Laps - (black flagged, slow)

12--- 84 ® Josh Cournoyer/Wichita Falls, TX Ford Pinto/2350 - 18 Laps - (crash damage, left track)

13--- 78 Adam McCosh/Cibolo,TX VW Sedan/1835 - 13 Laps - (black flagged, slow)

14--- 22 Harry Osburn Jr./San Antonio, TX Ford Mustang/2338-svo - 11 Laps - (black flagged, slow)

15--- 70 Mike Merrell/Kingsland, TX VW Scirocco/1690 - 10 Laps - (crash damage, left track)

16--- 38 Dave Parks/San Antonio, TX 2001 VW Sedan/1588 - 6 Laps - (black flagged, slow)

Penalties: #38, #22, #78 & #71 were black flagged by TPS Race Control radio (to slow).

As you can see, #38 was flagged off track at 12 laps, #22 -7 laps and #78 - 5 laps before #84 was involved in his crash.

#71 started to have an engine problem 13 laps after #84's crash and was then was flagged off track. These are the correct facts

dmustang: I am sure that your positive and correct comment is appreciated - when you wrote - "The 20, 14, and 48 did an amazing job of going through the traffic until the wreck occurred".

Neil Upchurch

Texas Pro Sedans

210/655-3222 office

I have gone back through this thread to remove the posts and their responses that led to this childish pissing contest.

If you don't approve of another driver, take it up with them in private. If someone wants to put someone else into the wall next seasons, take that up with Mr. Upchurch. If you think someone has conjured up some sort of conspiracy against you, there are forums out there that specialize in that sort of thing. However, TXSZ is not the place for any of the above.

Thanks for your understanding.

Nick

dmustang: You posted - "Neil forgive me if I am wrong but weren't the 78 and 22 several laps down..Wouldn't that be why it shows they were black flagged before the wreck happened on lap 18".

My evaluation in order to answer your question from an extract of the Official TPS Race Results:

11- 71 Bruce Mabrito/VW Rabbit/1780 - completed 31 Laps - #71 was in the race for about 13 laps after #84 was out.

12 - 84 Josh Cournoyer/Ford Pinto/2350 - completed 18 Laps - (crash damage, left track)

13 - 78 Adam McCosh/VW Sedan/1835 - completed 13 Laps - It is unlikely that #84 lapped #78 -5 times in #84's 18 laps.

14 - 22 Harry Osburn Jr./Ford Pinto/2338 - completed 11 Laps - It is quite unlikely that #84 lapped #22 - 7 times in 18 laps.

When Texas Pro Sedan Officials determined the issuance of penalties to: #38, #22, #78 & #71 - all drivers were first warned, then black flagged by TPS Race Control radio for being to slow for safety. All drivers in the TPS race are required (by standing TPS Rules) to be equipped with a radio on the prescribed channel. They all heard the warnings and all drivers heard the removal of the four cars from the race.

dmustang: Unfortunately, RRS transponder scoring provided TPS with only laps completed by each car and their finishing order and not individual statistics comparing one car to another.

Neil Upchurch

Texas Pro Sedans

210/655-3222 office

Yes Lalo I was the one with the broken rack. I decided to turn right instead of left for some reason. The bad thing was I was driving Steve Coopers car. The rack I got from you did not fit. I have it waiting for you next time Pro Sedans come to W.F. I would like to say that the 20,14,26 and 48 did an outstanding job going through the traffic. The leaders were lapping some cars every 4-5 laps. I wish Josh would have made it back up to the leaders. The race got somewhat boring after he wrecked. The 20 really never got challenged. Josh was a little impatient but you have admit that he is exciting to watch. Mark Pinson

Yes Lalo I was the one with the broken rack. I decided to turn right instead of left for some reason. The bad thing was I was driving Steve Coopers car. The rack I got from you did not fit. I have it waiting for you next time Pro Sedans come to W.F. I would like to say that the 20,14 and 48 did an outstanding job going through the traffic. The leaders were lapping some cars every 4-5 laps. I wish Josh would have made it back up to the leaders. The race got somewhat boring after he wrecked. The 20 really never got challenged. Josh was a little impatient but you have admit that he is exciting to watch. Mark Pinson

ok now its correct .... btw what car was it . did i miss you somehow ..

Im not here to bash anyone, i just saying that it was kinda weird that the 48 let me by down the back stretch because i was faster and than on the front stretch he trys to get back by me., thats just what i dont understand. Old timer i understand what ur saying but i do drive out in front of me and not just over the hood of my car. I was just pissed that i got to third and got spun, and than had to make my way back up to the front.

Archived