TEXAS PRO SEDANS @ RRS

TEXAS PRO SEDANS

Race Date - October 18, 2008

Pre-Race information for TPS race at Red River Speedway

Event - Final TPS 2008 season race at "North Texas Asphalt Championships"

Race Format - 2 laps of qualifying time trials, Last Chance Qualifying Race, 50 lap Feature Race

Purse (if 20 cars start) -

1 --1,000

2 --- 600

3 --- 400

4 --- 350

5 --- 300

6 --- 280

7 --- 260

8 --- 240

9 --- 220

10-- 210

11-- 200

12-- 195

13-- 190

14-- 185

15-- 185

16-- 185

17-- 185

18-- 185

19-- 185

20-- 185

21-- 180

22-- 180

Purse Total - $6,100

Entry Fee - $100 (full refund if car doesn't arrive race weekend - (if paid at track - $125)

TPS one race membership - $20 (full season TPS are members exempt)

For entry information please contact -

Neil Upchurch

Race & Administrative Director

Texas Pro Sedans

210/655-3222 office

neilupchurch@sbcglobal.net

Would love to be able to make this trip and would if I wasn't involved in doing the Yorktown western days Celebration. I've put on a motorcycle run for the last five years and can't get out of it. But my heart is with you guys. Good luck everybody :( (boo hoo) :(

Bobby sounds like an excuse!!

Let James, your son drive the car, he is doing a great job!

# 4 David Wright / Toyota Celica 2246

#17 Pete Wright / VW Pickup 2008

#54 Mike Cooper / Dodge Neon 1996

#84 Josh& Hank Cournoyer / Ford Pinto 2336

I know David paid his dues and will be there, but what about the reset of ya’ll?

Get your tire order in (they are good used tires with 60% of tread)-(FREE)!!! Pay your TPS & Entry dues and let’s go racing!

Hope to see you all at the track and ready to RACE!

Our purse is better that HMP- ASA Pro Late Models, Pro trucks and Pro Mods!!!

TPS Rules for 33 Years and going strong!

It is a good purse but its $100.00 plus pitgate to race? I know its not all about the money but that seems like a lot. I thought the last TPS race at THR was a $75.00 entry fee.

Good luck to all.

WHAT DOES IT COST TO ENTER A PRO 4 RACE . OUT WEST ...now this purse is based off 22 count ..what would it be if 22 dont show up ..

There is no entry fee. Same as here. The pit pass. At least thats the way it is at Orange Show Speedway. Entry fees are necessary, we paid 60 in 2002 in TPS and the purses were about the same.

Some folks would complain if you shot 'em with silver bullet... LOL

That's a fantastic purse for any local or regional four-cylinder class and I'm afraid that raising questions about the entry fee can only be seen as an attempt to degrade Mr. Upchurch's work on behalf of the TPS.

Frankly, I see nothing wrong with a $100 entry fee for a purse that large. Especially when you consider that in most parts of the country the 4-cylinder teams pay the same pit fees as the other classes running at that track but compete for trophies and/or pitifully small purses.

Nick

Dittos Nick!!!!

Sir Randy:

Question:

How much does it cost for you to race Pro 4, what does it pay and how many Pro 4 cars race with you?

I guess since you have the only Pro 4 car at CC, I don’t consider that racing; it is a parade for you, and test & tune for everyone else! ABSOLUTLY PRICELESS!

Sergio

my question was for randy to answer ..he could not.answer all .no complaints from me .if we had a problem with it .we would not race ..tps has always charged an entry aslong as i have known aboult them ...and randy knows unless im wrong you get that back ..running at cc with the pro 4 .whom ever shows up pays thier own purse ..a percentage comes back to the driver ..and yes randy makes us look slow sergio ..we are not that slow . just choose to save our cars for tps ..... just a practice session for us ..we dont do it for money or fame ...

what ? you guys have rules ? i have ran with you guys 3 times this year and the 2 time i found out that yall get paid ! wow ! the only rules i thought their was : stay low and dont get in the way of #70 , #20, # 26 ,

# 7 , # 28 , # 84 and if # 27 tries to pass you , spin his a.... out before he spins you ! i cant wait till yall get here on october 18 . i been looking forward to running with yall again since running at kyle ! sergio congrats on your last win at kyle ! hey , oldman , someone told me you got in a race car at kyle ? did you get out on the track ? does that meen you attended a drivers meeting ? everyone around here cant wait to watch the texas pro sedans run again at red river ! you guys have a wonderfull racing series , be proud of it and support it everyway you can ! i know all of you already do , thanks for letting me be a little part of the texas pro sedans ! i cant wait to race against those love bugs .

what ? you guys have rules ? i have ran with you guys 3 times this year and the 2 time i found out that yall get paid ! wow ! the only rules i thought their was : stay low and dont get in the way of #70 , #20, # 26 ,

# 7 , # 28 , # 84 and if # 27 tries to pass you , spin his a.... out before he spins you ! i cant wait till yall get here on october 18 . i been looking forward to running with yall again since running at kyle ! sergio congrats on your last win at kyle ! hey , oldman , someone told me you got in a race car at kyle ? did you get out on the track ? does that meen you attended a drivers meeting ? everyone around here cant wait to watch the texas pro sedans run again at red river ! you guys have a wonderfull racing series , be proud of it and support it everyway you can ! i know all of you already do , thanks for letting me be a little part of the texas pro sedans ! i cant wait to race against those love bugs .

i think you need to let that yankies pitching son of your.s drive your car ..he maybe able to CUT alittle bit better curve out on that track ..ive seen you drive ..lol ..and my worst day i can out drive you any old day .. [ I HAVE RAN WITH YOU GUYS 3 TIMES THIS YEAR .. ] YOU MEAN YOU PUTTED AROUND.. WITH YOU GUYS 3 TIMES THIS YEAR .RIGHT .... I SURE HOPE YOU PUT SOME POWER IN THAT YOTA THIS TIME ..SHOW US WHAT YOU REALLY HAVE SEEING YOU WON THE CHAMPIONSHIP AND THATS NOW ALL OVER ..... LOL ...YOU BETTER HAVE SOME FOOD COOKED UP WHEN WE GET THERE ...

...Sir Randy:

Question:

How much does it cost for you to race Pro 4, what does it pay and how many Pro 4 cars race with you?

I guess since you have the only Pro 4 car at CC, I don’t consider that racing; it is a parade for you, and test & tune for everyone else! ABSOLUTLY PRICELESS!

Sergio

Sergio, you are too late in your career to be getting so worked up. How is this attacking TPS?

This is my quote from the post above.

"There is no entry fee. Same as here. The pit pass. At least thats the way it is at Orange Show Speedway. Entry fees are necessary, we paid 60 in 2002 in TPS and the purses were about the same."

I believe i even agreed that entry fees were necessary.

Now to answer your questions.

We have had 2-6 cars show up for our Pro4 races at CC Speedway. My 2 trips out west there were 42 cars one time(28 started and 15 on the lead lap at the end of 100laps) and about 13 the second time. Thats what were trying to do here at CC.

It cost 25 dollars to race at CC Speedway- the purse is determined by the number of drivers. They pay 100% of the Pro4 pit gate back to us.

I hope you know that in trying to downplay my teams success(and CC Speedways quest to build a new class) you might have offended several of your competitors that race with us and a couple track owners. You should think before you speak.

Now some questions for you to publicly answer. If you would of course.

As far as us "parading" ad CC speedway because we have the only Pro4(which isnt factual) what is your excuse in 2002 for our success?

Did you consider that racing?

How many rear wheel drives have won your TPS championsip in the last 15 years?

Randy ive been one to complain aboult the lack of rwd .s winning a tps championship . past rules didnt help back then ..this year was alittle different ..more even in my eyes .i dont think for one minute .you could find a rwd unhappy with the rules this year ..... adjustments maybe in store .i dont know ..if a fwd win.s the championship this year and looks like it will be that way ..it wasnt becuz of the rules ..... mike and his team had to earn it ..or sergio or lalo ....which ever it may be ..we are happy with what we were able to do this year and finish where we will ..wrecked car ..sollid motor mounts .cut tires ..and such kept us from possibly pulling one off ... our first few finishes proved how close we could have been . top fives and never out of the running ....i dont think we finished out of the top 7 ...now we have another driver in the car . and we will see next race how that turns out ....... weve had fun running both classes .

Some folks would complain if you shot 'em with silver bullet... LOL

That's a fantastic purse for any local or regional four-cylinder class and I'm afraid that raising questions about the entry fee can only be seen as an attempt to degrade Mr. Upchurch's work on behalf of the TPS.

Frankly, I see nothing wrong with a $100 entry fee for a purse that large. Especially when you consider that in most parts of the country the 4-cylinder teams pay the same pit fees as the other classes running at that track but compete for trophies and/or pitifully small purses.

Nick

Nick, i knew you wouldnt pass up an oppurtinity at taking a stab at me. If you read my post you will see that i said it was a good purse. Your opinion or assumption that i am taking a shot at Neils work is way out in left field. I simply stated that it seemed "a bit" much and was wondering why it was 75 dollars a couple weeks ago and 100 dollars this race. Why not make it 75 and decrease the payout 25 dollars all the way down. Or better yet why not no entry fee and take 100.00 off everyones payout? Thats really what it amounts to anyway. No im not saying they should change 33 years of success but only making a point because you disected and twisted my words to suit your opinion.

To extend on your knowledge of four cyl payouts i want to point out(only because you brought it up) that those pitiful payouts are cars that drive only a few miles to race. I would also like to point out that we were not talking about pit fees, but fees to "enter" a race after pit fees. In the pitiful case you made above, it does not cost $100.00 or ($125.00 if paid at track) to enter the race and drivers are not driving 500-800 miles round trip. But who races for profit anyway?

Randy ive been one to complain aboult the lack of rwd .s winning a tps championship . past rules didnt help back then ..this year was alittle different ..more even in my eyes .i dont think for one minute .you could find a rwd unhappy with the rules this year ..... adjustments maybe in store .i dont know ..if a fwd win.s the championship this year and looks like it will be that way ..it wasnt becuz of the rules ..... mike and his team had to earn it ..or sergio or lalo ....which ever it may be ..we are happy with what we were able to do this year and finish where we will ..wrecked car ..sollid motor mounts .cut tires ..and such kept us from possibly pulling one off ... our first few finishes proved how close we could have been . top fives and never out of the running ....i dont think we finished out of the top 7 ...now we have another driver in the car . and we will see next race how that turns out ....... weve had fun running both classes .

the rules are very fair, always have been.

Randy,

You have been continually chipping away at TPS, from rules to your comments throughout times at TXSZ. (That does not promote racing)

Nothing personal, but I feel obligated to protect what I love to do!

I have the up most respect for my fellow competitors, as far as offending Track Owners; I really do not know what you are talking about! They all do and try their best to provide us a place to race, their hands are full trying to fill stands, especially with smaller car counts, due to cost increases.

As far as how many RWD championships, 3 in the last 7 years, but last year the runner up (RWD) had 4 wins and I only 3, only beat him by 1 or 2 points.

This year 6 wins for RWD, but it could have been 8, in two races cars didn't pass tech.

Sergio

As a TPS member, myself and our crew have no complaints on the rules for rwd or fwd nor do we have complaints or opposition for the cost of racing and are satisfied with the leadership and performance of all TPS officials.

Mike

Archived