Great night of racing at I-37 Raceway on Friday

A lot of people kept looking over their shoulders for a full moon Friday night at I-37 Raceway, but the action was just a bunch of drivers making up for not racing in a month courtesy of Hanna and Ike. A J Dancer brought out a car he'd just bought and gave points leader "Mad Man Moe" VanKirk all he needed in the Super Stock feature. Though VanKirk fought back and took the win with a really smooth answering move we wouldn't want to bet on how it would have ended if they'd had just one more full lap. Dancer can flat throw a car around.

We also had the world's oldest rookie, Leland Waddell, running his third race on dirt and his first at I-37. (You can read his comments elsewhere on this site in Reb Hallas' race reports, but he had a blast and plans to be back on Friday.)

Speaking of Friday, it will be the last night of regular-season racing in the opening season under new owners Joe and Jackie Gonzales and managing partner and race director Jim and Eric Knudtson. Not all of the championships are decided and there are a couple of rookie of the year races also still in doubt, so the night should be a good one.

We've done a lot for the kids this season, and a lot of them have showed up and brought their parents with them. To end the season on a high not for the younger crowd, Jackie Gonzales has acquired a large pinata which some kids chosen from the stands will have the opportunity to destroy in search of the goodies therein.

And look for our special offer of a free hot dog and soda with any paid admission by bringing a copy of Wednesday's ad in the Wilson County News, which has done a great job of running race-related stories thise season, including keeping South Texas informed about Cody Smith's season.

Last race, last chance. (Well, okay, we're going to have some spcial events in the off-season, but this is the last points race.)

Hope to see everyone out on Friday at I-37. It's been a fun year, so let's end it with a bang.

I would like to apologize to everyone on behalf of our website guy, Randy. He has been under the weather this past week. So it has taken him a little longer to put the updated point standings on the website.

THE POINT STANDINGS ARE NOW UPDATED.

Please go to Point Standings

Thanks and see you guys friday.

ADDING TO FRIDAY NIGHT'S ACTION,

THE DINSMORE'S, BOB HARRIS AND RACETECHINFO.COM WILL BE GIVING AWAY A DVD SET FOR STOCK CAR SETUPS AND A BOOK. IT'S A $150 VALUE TO GIVE AWAY ON FRIDAY TO ONE OF OUR STOCK CAR DRIVER'S DURING THE DRIVER'S MEETING.

IT IS A GREAT LEARNING TOOL AND SOMEONE WILL GET ALOT OF KNOWLEDGE FROM IT.

ADDING TO FRIDAY NIGHT'S ACTION,

THE DINSMORE'S, BOB HARRIS AND RACETECHINFO.COM WILL BE GIVING AWAY A DVD SET FOR STOCK CAR SETUPS AND A BOOK. IT'S A $150 VALUE TO GIVE AWAY ON FRIDAY TO ONE OF OUR STOCK CAR DRIVER'S DURING THE DRIVER'S MEETING.

IT IS A GREAT LEARNING TOOL AND SOMEONE WILL GET ALOT OF KNOWLEDGE FROM IT.

U NOTICED I HAVE MY WIFEY TRAINED VERY WELL KINDA LIKE THE BEAN DOG NO MOD INFO FROM BOB THAT WOULD GIVE AWAY OUR SECRET HA HA SEE YA FRIDAY ;);):D

Just a reminder to everyone, we are racing tomorrow night (friday). Races start at 8pm

It is CHAMPIONSHIP NIGHT

We will be running the:

Pure Stocks

Street Stocks

Super Stocks

IMCA Sport Modifieds

IMCA Modifieds

Also, the Micro Sprints will be coming out and putting on a exhibition race.

We will also have a special give away for one lucky driver, mentioned down below.

And we will have a large pinata, which some kids chosen from the stands will have the opportunity to destroy.

With STS rainned out this weekend, we are inviting all STS cars to come on up.

Come on out and join the fun!!!

Edited by cassy14