TPS-Stock Car Spectacular

TPS at THR - September 27 - $500 to win

Saturday night, September 27th will mark the next-to-last 2008 season race for the Texas Pro Sedans touring series. TPS will hold the tenth event of their 33rd consecutive racing season at Thunderhill Raceway as part of the 12th annual "Stock Car Spectacular".

TPS Race & Administrative Director, Neil Upchurch recently announced that $500 is guaranteed to the winner of the 33 lap TPS feature race in the “THR Stock Car Spectacular” race. In addition, the field purse has been significantly increased over traditional field purse payouts for the expected twenty car starting field.

Upchurch credited the $500 to win purse to Stock Car Spectacular primary sponsor:

Tom Lorenz of Hoosier Tires Southwest and Jerry Spencer, Hoosier Tires at Thunderhill Raceway.

and to Stock Car Spectacular Associate Race Sponsors:

Richard and Bea Villanueva of San Antonio

Nelson Skinner, Attorney at Law, San Antonio

Buggy Warehouse of San Antonio thru Steve Foster

The race will nearly determine the Texas Pro Sedans 2008 Championship. Going into the September 27th event, Mike Merrell of Kingsland, Texas leads defending Champion Sergio Hexsel of Live Oak by 21 points for the 2008 TPS Title. A total of 23 points is within reach of a driver scoring a “clean sweep” on September 27th by earning all 3 pre-race bonus points, breaking the existing TPS track record of 16.832 seconds worth 3 points and then by winning the race and 17 points. (One TPS race remains at Red River Speedway on October 18).

An extremely close 2008 “Rookie-of-the-Year” title chase is being contested between Lisa Sandoval of Corpus Christi and Bob Sherland from San Antonio. Only two points separate the two TPS “Rookies.

A late entry was received from Mike McCain of Corpus Christi, who is also known as "Oldtimer" and his unique spelling and grammar in composing frequent posts on Texas Speed Zone.

The Texas Pro Sedans racing format will consist of 2 Qualifying time trial laps followed by a 33 lap Feature Race for the TPS four cylinder stock cars. The Feature Race length of 33 laps will salute TPS’s 33rd consecutive season. A large field of 25 TPS cars and drivers have filed their entries.

The “Stock Car Spectacular special event is the largest race of the season at Thunderhill Raceway and will include the following racing touring series and THR classes:

TSRS – TEXAS SUPER RACING SERIES, EXPRESS JET PRO MODIFIEDS, PRO TRUCKS, TEXAS PRO SEDANS, NasKarts and DWARF CAR RACING SERIES of TEXAS and THUNDERHILL RACEWAY CLASSES: ASA A-LINE SUPER STOCKS, THR GRAND and THUNDER STOCKS will contest their races.

For race entry information contact:

Neil Upchurch, TPS Race & Administrative Director

TPS Office > 210/ 655-3222 Phone & Fax

or by e-mail > neilupchurch@sbcglobal.net

NEIL WHAT WOULD ENTERING A RACE BY MY NAME INSTEAD OF OLDTIMER AND HIS UNIQUE SPELLING AND GRAMMAR IN COMPOSING FREQUENT POST ON TEXAS SPEED ZONE ...HAVE TO DO WITH THE RACE AND MY BECOMEING A BONIFIED TPS MEMBER FOR SAID RACE ..JUST WONDERING . Ps is the spelling and grammar good enough ..did it pass .lol .see everyone saterday ..

Mike: It just seemed to me that more readers of Texas Speed Zone know about "Oldtimer" than know who is Mike McCain at the TPS race at THR next Saturday.

Just post your request and I'll edit (delete) the paragraph which mentions you.

Neil Upchurch

Author of the TPS Press Release

Mike: It just seemed to me that more readers of Texas Speed Zone know about "Oldtimer" than know who is Mike McCain at the TPS race at THR next Saturday.

Just post your request and I'll edit (delete) the paragraph which mentions you.

Neil Upchurch

Author of the TPS Press Release

WELL I TRIED TO GET SATURDAY PAST YOU ..I SUPPOSE I HAVE TO GET UP EARLIER ... .. SEE YAH IN KYLE .... NO DELETE .. IM FINE WITH IT .....

oldtimer,

I agree with Neil. I would never have recognized your real name on the TPS roster! I'm glad to hear you'll be joining us next weekend.

I WAS FUNNEN WITH NEIL ...I KNOW WHY HE DID IT AND HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH IT REALLY ... IM LOOKINMG FORWARD TO CLIMBING BACK INTO THE CAR AND TAKE A CHANCE AT RUNNING WITH THE BIG DOGS .. . WILL HAVE TO FIGURE OUT HOW TOGET AROUND THAT TRACK ..HOPE TO HAVE SOME FUN NOMATTER WHERE I FINISH ..BE SAFE AND DONT GET IN THE WAY OF OTHERS ....

CONGRATULATIONS WITH HAVEING A RACE NAMED AFTER YOU ..MUST HAVE BEEN AN HONOR

:unsure::unsure::unsure::rolleyes::D When did TXSZ get spell check? I just read a post by Oldtimer with only 1 mispelled word. Thats amazing........... Just funnin with you Oldtimer. LOL

Mark Shurbet

you know it woud not be me if i did not leave one word mispelled ..dont want to ruin my image lol ..ok two words this time just for you ...

man just got word i may have to stay and work this weekend .darn it ...short handed .....if that is what i have to do .im going to give the car up to ratdaddy if he would drive it for us .what do you say ratdaddy ..we talked aboult it before . are you up to it ...

Archived