Hard Hittin'

bigfat

Glad you're okay Keith. I didn't see the wreck but I went to the shop and saw the car today. Hopefully you'll feel a little better tonight and tomorrow.

I don't think it'll buff out.

I was in a good place to see the wreck and and it was bad i wanted to jump the fince to check on Kieth but the fire crew was on it quick i sure am glad he had all the safty stuff on. That could have been bad well it was bad and I to am glad to see Kieth walk away. And I can't understand what that other driver was thinking it looked like he just turned down on Kieth.:unsure::blink::(:blink:

Thanks everyone for your support, yesterday was my worst day for being sore and let me tell you I was sore, but today is a lot better. I havent had a chance to look and see if the car is repairable or not, I know the front clip is gone for sure and it did break the block but beyond that I dont know. I thought I would take a week off and recoop before I tear into the car and decide what I want to do. I do know I will do everything possible to be back next year since I got about 6 or 7 months to do it. good luck to everyone this weekend and go get them Cary, I'm pulling for you bud and if there is anything I can do to help let me know. Levi, that was one of the best runs i have seen this year, Keep up the good work you are doing great. I will see everyone this weekend at the track. Wild horses couldnt keep me away. By the way, I dont know where i picked up the nickname "Wildman" last weekend but i guess it stuck so to speak, lol. See everyone this weekend!!!

Keith Garrett

Keith, that wreck reminded me of H.E.'s modified wreck when his throttle stuck and he tried to take down the front wall - STRAIGHT into the wall at full speed! Man, what a nasty wreck. We we're all concered about you when we went under you when you were slidin' to a stop. Was difenitely the hardest Super Stock wreck I've seen at THR. (Mine included). One important issue I wanted to mention TO ALL DRIVERS. Keith, Cary, and me are the only ones I've seen this year wearing a Hutchens Device. Keith will be the first to tell you that he's glad as hell he was wearing one. I've worn one this year for the first time because of serious wrecks in the previous years. During the last MRI that I had, my doctor said "Wear one or get out of racing, period!" Keith's wreck is a serious reminder that it can happen to ANYONE, ANYTIME! It doesn't matter what class you drive in, get one and wear it and it doesn't matter how much money it costs. Just my opion, D.

I wasn't there, but here's the scoop I've gotten. 79 was passsing the 19 on the inside coming down the front str8. The 19 turned down into the right rear of the the 79. The 79 went nose first into the wall at one of the fastest points of the track(right before you let out going into one), the rear end of the 79 popped up in the air, slapped the wall, then the nose hit again then it slid down into the middle of turns 1 and 2. I think the 19 went into the wall as well, but not as severe. Somone that was actually there could probably support or dismiss this claim.

I wasn't there, but here's the scoop I've gotten. 79 was passsing the 19 on the inside coming down the front str8. The 19 turned down into the right rear of the the 79. The 79 went nose first into the wall at one of the fastest points of the track(right before you let out going into one), the rear end of the 79 popped up in the air, slapped the wall, then the nose hit again then it slid down into the middle of turns 1 and 2. I think the 19 went into the wall as well, but not as severe. Somone that was actually there could probably support or dismiss this claim.

That just about sum's it up! Keith should have been able to see my face, I was right where he hit, made ground move under my feet. VERY glad he crawled out of that car. Saw the incar from Mickey's car...don't understand why!

Archived