Texas Drivers

PAPA

Im not sure but I think you can go to the "HOME" page and scroll all the way down to "Edit History" and click on D-Day (He is the administrator) and send him info on drivers. I've noticed that several drivers are missing ( like David Starr).

I wouldn't sweat it Jim,

This appears to be a jaded list of drivers, that if they so much as hot lapped a car at a NASCAR event they made the great drivers list. There are people on this list that couldn't carry Bill's helmet bag, so I don't stake much in it, just another opinion.

Mark

Pretty simple explanation on this one. It is a list, however incomplete, of drivers who have raced in the top three NASCAR series. While there are other names like Starr that need to be added, and these WIKI type sites rely on input from folks like us who can fill in the spaces.

It won't have Bill White or Griswold, as neither ever raced in those series. But it should have Paul White, who has run the truck series.

Now, if we started our own thread about the greatest Texas drivers, White and Griswold and so many more we have talked about here would be on our list.

It doesn't even have Shorty Rollins out of Corpus Christi who was NASCAR rookie of the year in 1957

It also does not have Johnny Rutherford, Joey Sonntag, Chet Fillip, and if we look deep enough, we might find another name or two.

AND, since it lists drivers by birthplace, you can add Wayne Niedecken SR and JR, who were both born, and originally from, the Abilene area.

Archived