Outta Town

STAGGER77

Hey folk's, This is Gundog99. Me, Rusty and Deri have made a little flight to Pittsburgh to make the maiden voyage of the #77 super late model driven by Jason Ray. We will be running at the Motordrome tonight, then at Jennerstown on Saturday night (both 1/2 mile track's). Oh an for you dirt guy's, we will be taking in a dirt race Sunday somewhere. We will have some photo's up sometime in the near future.

Wish us Texas boy's some luck up here!!!!! Thank's Gunnar, see ya next Saturday at THR.

Oh, Chase, have you hit the big one in Vegas yet? Need some new rubber for the late model...lol

Good luck boys. Go get em' Jason. Use the cap!!!!!!

Rusty, Gunnar and Deri????? Sounds like trouble, looks like Del Bocca Vista and smells like Geritol...... :ph34r:

Well, just got to Jason's(suns comming up, races over at 10:15 last night). Had a interesting first outting. Motordrome has ALLOT of hump's and bump's (first time there), drug a hole in the oilpan... change'd the front spring's, fixed the hole in the oilpan just in time to go out for the feature. Knocked a hole in it again, went to the shop and changed oil pans. Going to get a couple of hours sleep, and it's off to Jennerstown. BTW, this car is fast, first time out, right off the trailer. WILL have a better update tomorrow. nite nite!!

Ok, last night went a whole lot better with a NEW car...we picket up 8 tenth's of a second from unloading to the feature. Jennerstown is one of the oldest racetrack's in the US, and a sight to behold. We started 13th out of 17th, was up to 9th on lap 13 when the right rear went boom, and he kiss'ed the wall comming out of 4. Light damage, but we left there with our head's up.....car good, driver good, GOOD first outing for the car, Oh forgot, went to go to tech, the brand new master switch took a crap, and these guy's having there #$^% together, had another new one on the trailer...

This has been one of the most rewarding weekend's of my life (57 AND HAVE NEVER FLEW IN MY LIFE), and I treasure the freind's that I have made through racing. Thank's to Jason, and his wife for putting up with the Geritol gang, for 4 day's.

Gunnar here, the Texas heat we brought with us decided to meet with a cool front Sunday. While driving to Erie for the dirt racing part of the trip.....the bottom fell out, 40 miles from the track. Needles to say, I have a hangover this morning. Perfect ending to a great weekend with special people. On a plane at 4:45 today to come back to God's country. "God Bless Texas"

I will say this, the racer's up here, in fact everyone I met was friendly, ready to lend a hand, offer anything you need just ask. But don't bring up the Cowboy's.....geeez these people love there Steeler's.

Jason has a wonderfull wife to put up with the Geritol Gang as we now call ourselfs. Thank's JW for giving us a idenity!!!!!

Jennerstown was paved in '96 by the current owners. It is not NASCAR sanctioned, but Motordrome is and they run the same rules, which means you can do what we did---run Motordrome Fri and Jennerstown Sat. If we could have gotten the dirt race in at Erie, we could have really overdosed. :D

Walked in my house at 12:40 am this morning. Dang it's frigging hot here. We stepped out of the terminal at S/A at 10:20 last night, and the first word's out of my mouth was "we're back in Texas" 85 and humid....Jason, can you get me a job at Frankland? J/K, glad to be home!

Gunner is always cleaning something. It might not be the fastest car but it sure is nice and shinny. :lol:

Papa, Well that's one of my paint job's, kinda have a intrest in how it look's....LOL

OH, this car's fast, ran a 19:13 in practice, and if I heard right, the fastest time ever there is a 18:90 something. Just had the new car hickup's....next time Jason takes it out, I would look at the stat's then...it will be a front runner...that's a very well prepared and bad a$$ car.

Don't think I've heard a built motor sound like that at 7,400 rpm's....sounded more like 10 thousand, Good job Derri.

Archived