$10,000 to win SNMS Fall Nationals

Jamie

They've had this show for several years now, also have one in the spring too. It usually ends up scheduled against the big TMS Dirt Track show(s)....but not this year(thanx TMS, IMCA, local promoters). Wilma Arroyo used to run the track, she's a nice lady that's really into racing. I made one of their winter series shows several years back......even though I was an out-of-stater there reporting on the show, they still took good care me while I was there. Tre Brewbaker, who now runs Aztec Spwy., was the PR guy there at the time. Decent facility when I was there, fairgrounds setting, mountains in the back ground......I knew Steve Whiteaker jr, has gone there to run a few times.

It's now owned by a group to include at least Royal Jones, Jimmy Ray, Co-owners of Mesilla Valley Transportation, with Sherman Barnett the owner of Barnett Harley Davidson in El Paso. It is a nice facility and usually has a great car count for a regular weekend show. They do have the Winter Melt Down in March as well as the October Race. This year, the winter race paid $15,000 to win. That's where I got into racing photography, they had always taken care of Ed Fraizer, the videographer, and myself.

Archived