The MZone Show set to return

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

The Motorsports Zone set for a 'Super' start to 2004

Two weeks before the "Super Bowl" of racing, Austin's leading sports station will begin airing one of Texas' only weekly motorsports radio shows - on Super Bowl Sunday.

The Motorsports Zone will kick off its second season of broadcast on Sunday, Feb. 1 at 10 a.m. (Central Time) on KVET-AM 1300, The Zone. The one-hour show will be hosted by KVET's Chuck Licata, who will be joined in-studio for the second straight year by co-host Ric Clark. The show is scheduled to run Sundays at 10 a.m. for the 2004 racing season.

KVET-AM 1300 is the flagship station for the University of Texas athletic program. Featured locally-produced weekly shows on KVET include "The Buck on Sports," which airs from 6-9 a.m. and is aired by Bucky Godbolt and Erin Hogan; "The Craig Way Show" from 2-4 p.m., hosted by Craig Way; and "The Afternoon Show" from 4-7 p.m., hosted by Chad Hastings, Kevin Dunn and Brian Jones.

"We're very grateful to KVET-AM management for putting our show on for a second straight year," Licata said. "We're very thankful to our sponsors and listeners; to the great folks at Texas Motor Speedway who treat us incredible when we go to cover races up there; and to Chuck Meyer, Craig Way, Tracy Walker, Sam Moffett and the rest of the KVET-AM staff for all

their support."

Licata added, "We had a good first year, and we're really going to try and take the show up to 'the next level' this year. I have a three-pronged goal for the show this year. We're going to have more big-name guests on the show this year, and it's my personal goal for the show to get more involved with the local racing scene. Those two should help us achieve my third goal

- securing more sponsorship for the radio show."

David Starr, who drives the #75 Spears Manufacturing Chevrolet NASCAR Craftsman Truck and also will pilot the #50 Holigan Enzyte Busch car, has committed to a once-a-month segment on The Motorsports Zone. Starr is one of several members of the Holigan race team who appear on "The Reality of Speed" reality show which airs Saturday mornings at 10:30 a.m. EST on the

Spike TV cable channel. Casey Smith, an Austin native who plans to run for Rookie of the Year honors in ASA in 2004, will also be a regular guest on the show.

Hey Chuck, First of all congradulations on a second year. I wish you all the success you can handle this season. Will the show be available over the internet? I don't live close enough to pick up the station but would still like to hear the show.

SVC,

Thanks for the kind words...

And yes, the show will be available at www.sportsradio1300.com

(hopefully, the audio streaming will be a little more consistent this year!)

:DB)

Thanks for the update Chuck. I will make sure to set the alarm clock. LOL Your show is always entertaining and informative. Just no singing, OK? :lol:

The first show's guests are posted on a press release in The Motorsports Zone forum...

(hint: JD Gibbs and David Starr)...

OK, so it's Spike TV @ 9:30 AM Saturday for David Starr, then www.sportsradio1300.com for Chucks Karoke program at 10:00 on Sat? Busy morning. Hey here is something interesting. During the Super Bowl look for the guy that is Paul Tagliabaues (sic) body guard. Bald headed stocky white boy. That is my brother. You would think he would have gotten me some tickets!

SVCMNGR1,

Hey dude, the Motorsports Zone show is on SUNDAY at 10 a.m....

SUNDAY, SUNDAY SUNDAY! LOL :lol:

Thanks, dude... :D

No problem, DUDE...

And..be aware we just added an in-studio guest for the show on Sunday..

(see the Motorsports Zone Forum for the info) :D:D

And..be aware we just added an in-studio guest for the show on Sunday..

I don't understand it chuck, I asked my people and they said you haven't called.

Who could it be, but me? :(

:lol::lol::lol:

Zoom,

I think you mis-understood... ;)B)

I told "your people" that if Jay "The Gardener" Hallas (he HATES that nickname! :P ) cancels out on his in-studio appearance on Feb. 8th, then we'd book you for that date... :D

Mr. Jim,

Thanks for the kind words...that means a lot coming for a driver whom I hold in high esteem, with a lot of high credibility and character...

Also, a note for everyone..each week's MZone Show press release, which contains the show's lineup for that week, is being posted in The MZone Forum... :D

Thanks...

Hey Chuck, Here is one minor thing you could do to improve the show. Make sure to include your area code when giving the shows phone number. Otherwise it was great, looking forward to this weeks show.

Archived