PRACTICE

gundogC3

About the only other option would be to talk to the track owners at San Antonio Speedway, Corpus Christi Motor Speeway or Houston Motorsports Park about renting their facilities.

I would include Thunder Hill Raceway, but Brian is having some work on the back straight and is unsure when the track will become available for rentals.

Nick Holt

waddy,

You have asked that question here before.. I'm sure that as soon as Mr. Calloway has his schedule completed he will post it on the THR website and share it with us here on Texas Speed Zone.

Nick Holt

CC Motor Speedway will have a FREE practice weekend the first weekend, yes FREE on both Saturday and Sunday from 1:00 till dark. Not sure if the first weekend will be the first or second weekend in February. After the first weekend of practice all practice days will be $20.00 for driver and $5.00 for each crew member. Thanks

Probably too far off from you, but JRP Speedway is now open for practice in Tulsa,OK. It is a 50ft wide quarter mile with 10 degree banking in the corners and 7 degree banking on the straights. The web site is advertising practice for $25 on nice weather days under the "news" link. Follow this link for pictures of the track. The web site doesn't have the specs, but I saw a post on speedtv's dirt/oval racing message board that gave the specs.

Kris Frost.

Yes, a new asphalt track. I understand that Alf Gebheardt has been slowly building it over the last year or so. I believe there already is a smaller asphalt track (Junior Raceway Park) for small cars at the same location.

There are pictures of Alf with Brock Yates checking out the track under the "news" link on the JRP Speedway web site.

Kris Frost

Archived