Another sad loss to our racing community

Guest Mary Ann Naumann

Guest Mary Ann Naumann

Mary Ann,

Daisy, Shawn Paul's grandmother passed away this morning after her hard battle with lung cancer. Junior is doing as well as expected. I will forward the arrangements as soon as I receive them. Shawn Paul is at Harold's at this time making the arrangements.

Connie Lehman

We are so very sorry, she was a wonderful lady! Always had a smile on her face! Everyone from the Texas Super Racing Series, sends our love and prayers to the family. Junior, Shawn Paul, Leslie and Colt have and are very important to the racing community.

God Bless & lot's of luv,

H & Mary Ann

Our thoughts and prayers are with Shawn, Junior, and the other family members also. Junior Medlock was one of the first friends I made when we began racing at THR. He has always been willing to share information (good information) and help out. Shawn has also always been there when we needed him. Hate to see good people like this going through hard times.

cs

Guest Mary Ann Naumann

Information about Daisy Medlock's Services: Visitation is 6:00 PM Thursday at Harrell Funeral Home. Services 2:00 PM Friday, at Harrell Funeral Home. Burial is at Live Oak Cemetery in Manchaca. Harrell Funeral Home's telephone number is 512-443-1366, Address: 4435 Frontier Trail, Austin, Texas 78745. Again, our thoughts and prayers are with the entire family.

Our prayers and thoughts are with you all, Junior, Shawn Paul, Colt, and the rest of the Medlock, Lehman, James families. You all have been assets to the racing communities. We will surely miss Ms. Daisy's smile and devotion to all of us in racing. Shawn, take this next season around Texas with a Daisy looking proudly onto you - I will proudly wear a daisy in my cap every time I go watch you race......Junior, you are admired as being a great racer and gentleman, keep up the great work you do in helping all of us at every track you enter! Keep that "Daisy-style" smile with all that you continue to do! God bless you all.

• 2 weeks later...

We are so saddened by the loss of Daisy. She was a great lady! We met her at Longhorn Speedway while she was cheering on Junior and the rest of her family. Can't remember a race that she wasn't first one in the stands and among the last to leave. If you were sitting in the race stands and freezing, she'd go find a jacket in her truck and give it to you; she'd share an extra pass if she had one; and shared her food, too. It wasn't the same at the races this past season without her there and we'll be thinking of her and missing her at all the future races.

Rodney & Lea

JUST WANNA SAY THANX-FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT,AND SHARING THOUGHTS AND MEMORIES....LIKE MY BROTHER SAID "SHE WAS A VERY SPECIAL LADY" AND NOT JUST TO US....SHE HAD LOTS OF FRIENDS AROUND THE TRACKS AND NEVER STOPPED MAKING NEW ONES....SHE NEVER CARED FOR ALOT OF "HOOP-LA" ECSPECIALLY ABOUT HERSELF,BUT I HOPE SHE KNOWS SHE DESERVED IT,AND HOW MUCH SHE MEANT TO EVERYONE....THANX AGAIN.... SHAWN PAUL.......

Archived