PRO4 RACE AT CC SPEEDWAY

txtwister

MAKES YOU WONDER WHAT THE FIRST MINNI BUILDER HAD TO GO THROUGH .SOMEONE MOST PROBABLY SAID IT WONT WORK IT WONT GROW .NOONE WOULD EVER BUY OR BUILD ONE AND THE TRACKS WOULD NEVER RACE THEM .... I HAVE MY THOUGHTS POSITIVE AND NAGATIVE AND HAVE SAID SO HERE ..I DONT KNOW WHY EVERYONE IS CONCERNED WITH STEPPING ON TPS 'S FOOT ..RACERS THAT WANT TO RACE TPS RACE WITH THEM .RACERS THAT DONT DONT ..AND IN BETWEEN SOME RACE WITH BOTH ... WOULD WE EVER BUY ONE OF THOSE CARS .MORE THAN LIKELY NOT ..BEEN RACEN SO LONG WE ARE ON THE DOWN TURN OF IT ..DONT HAVE THE WANT AND THE DRIVE LIKE SOME DO ..BUT THE FUTURE OF THIS TYP OF CAR MAY HAVE ITS PLACE LATER ON ..MAYBE IF I WAS JUST STARTING OUT I WOULD REALLY TAKE A LOOK AT BUYING ONE ... I CAN TELL IT WOULD BE A BLAST .. .... BUT .RIGHT NOW AT THIS TIME I THINK RANDYS CAR IS JUST ALITTLE TO MUCH FOR THE LOCALS ....ANOTHER THING MAYBE RANDY AND HIS DAD WHO OWNES THE CAR COULD LET SOME RACERS WHO KNOW HOW TO HANDLE A CAR .DRIVE HIS ..NOT RACE IT ..NOT ME THOW I DONT WANT TO DRIVE IT ..SORRY RANDY LOL .

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"RIGHT NOW AT THIS TIME I THINK RANDYS CAR IS JUST ALITTLE TO MUCH FOR THE LOCALS .."

Good point OT but the same could be said for our old stock pinto chasis TPS championship car. I believe the car that is at the top of any class sets the bar for that class. There is a lot of local talent and some pretty savvy crews around here. Dont think for a minute that they think our car is too much for them. The big picture is the championship, not the individual wins. Look at the 14 year old young man in the TSRS, i think he is winless but 2nd in points? They show up and finish, my hats off to them.

"RIGHT NOW AT THIS TIME I THINK RANDYS CAR IS JUST ALITTLE TO MUCH FOR THE LOCALS .."

Good point OT but the same could be said for our old stock pinto chasis TPS championship car. I believe the car that is at the top of any class sets the bar for that class. There is a lot of local talent and some pretty savvy crews around here. Dont think for a minute that they think our car is too much for them. The big picture is the championship, not the individual wins. Look at the 14 year old young man in the TSRS, i think he is winless but 2nd in points? They show up and finish, myhats off to them.

NEVER SAID THERE WASNT SOME GOOD TEAMS AROUND HERE ..AND ILL CLEAR THIS UP ..[TO MUCH ]MEANS MONEY IT WOULD TAKE TO CATCH UP WITH THE HEAD START YOU HAVE ...NOT SAYING THAT IN A BAD WAY ......WE DECIDE TO TAKE A RUN AT THE TPS CHAMPIONSHIP THIS YEAR ..HAVENT HAD THE BEST OF LUCK AND NOMATTER HOW GOOD YOU ARE LUCK PLAYS A BIG PART .....ON THE OTHER HAND WHERE WE SIT IN POINTS WOULD SAY WE HAD SOME GOOD LUCK ALONG THE WAY ... WITH FUEL PROBLEMS BENT FRAME AND BAD CALLS FROM ME AND WHAT EVER HAVE KEPT US FROM THAT GOAL ... THE LEADERS HAVE GOTTEN AWAY FROM US THE LAST TWO RACES WITH OUR TOP 7 FINISHES INSTEAD OF TOP 5 ....SO CATCHING THEM WILL BE ALMOST ASKING TO MUCH ..NOW YOU SAID THE BIG PICTURE IS CHAMPIONSHIP ...FOR SOME THAT TROPHIE DEFINE'S THIER WHOLE BEING WITH RACEN ... I BELIEVE POEPLE THAT SPEND HOURS UPPON HOURS ..DALLORS OF WHAT DALLORS THEY HAVE TO SPEND ..WORKING THROUGH TOUGH TIMES AND SUCH LUCK AS SOME HAVE . MISSING TIME WITH THIER FAMILYS AND THIER FAMILYS GIVEING THEM THE TIME AND UNDERSTANDING THEY NEED TO MAKE IT OUT TO THE TRACK DEFINES WHAT A CHAMPION IS ...NO TROPHIE OR TITLE OF CHAMPION WILL BE AS REWARDING....

OT, i completely agree. Everyone who shows up to race and is a good sport is a "winner." You have stated several times that you were at the end of your career. My point is "not everyone stands in your shoes" Some people are just starting their racing career and some people are simply looking for a "new" challenge. Try not to discourage them.

And by the way, the cars on the west coast had a huge head start on us, and we took the challenge and learned a ton from them. Thats really the spirit of the class, everyone has a positive attitude and really help eachother out. Eddie Secord, (i think he has won at least 4 Pro4 Championships) loaned us a better gear while we were there. Super people.

LALO 33 CAR .. DONT KNOW THAT ONE ......................... RANDY I AGREE WITH SOME OF WHAT YOU SAID ..EXCEPT WHERE IM TRYING TO DISCOURAGE POEPLE ... I SPEAK OF THE POSITIVES AND NAGATIVES ... POEPLE ARE SMART ENOUGH TO DECIDE WHICH IS WHAT. OR IF IM RIGHT OR WRONG .

LALO 33 CAR .. DONT KNOW THAT ONE ......................... RANDY I AGREE WITH SOME OF WHAT YOU SAID ..EXCEPT WHERE IM TRYING TO DISCOURAGE POEPLE ... I SPEAK OF THE POSITIVES AND NAGATIVES ... POEPLE ARE SMART ENOUGH TO DECIDE WHICH IS WHAT. OR IF IM RIGHT OR WRONG .

OT, Half the time, or maybe more, no one really knows what it is you are trying to say!!!!! :lol:

o.t.i hear that jesse is retiring next year.are you,too?

aslong as you send me my retirement check ill consider it ..lol ....dont know if i .we can ever retire ..its in our blood ...but i will say for sure .we wont be racen many races next year ... ..i may jump into the 28 and get some seat time .. we have plans to put lisa in the 7 for a couple of races or more ..and maybe if i can get back into the groove i may jump into the 7....we went all out this year and though it has been a tough one .would not have missed for the world ..we found out what typ of team we really are . never give up ..... i cant remember ever haveing a season like this one .working out this bent car .. one cracked block.. one totaly blown motor head and all ....flat tires ...17 hour drive from red river for a bad fuel pump on one truck ...and this all season long fuel problem with one car ...and many other road blocks ... as for jessie behind the wheel ..you will have to ask him ...jessie was retired untill i opened my mouth .and he said yes ... one other thing ..you find out who your friends are ..and i thank all who have had a ideal .a part ..a salution .or just plain putting up with me ..

I have been reading this thread and what I see is all the " cant and donts and they do "I would like to add a little insite from an active drivers standpoint if you dont mind.Randy,your passion for the pro 4 series is great but its not much different than wishing for the outlaw minis to return from the 80s.In fact your pro 4 car would have been legal for the outlaw class.We had 10" slicks and very few rules.There were no FWD cars but there were rear engines.The fastest time I remember was Erick Wilson aat a 1485.The class died out because of the cost.What happens in California has little to do with what happens in South Texas.The burger flippers there make more than our managers do.Your battle is uphill.

OT,all that you described for this year is not unlike what every racer faces every season.What doesnt kill us makes us stronger.Its real easy to set our goals too high so that if we fail we have a reason.You must ask yourself why you are racing.

Lalo,I know you put a strong effort into your racing and have had mixed results.I admire your resolve and hope you do win that championship.But theres something all of you are missing.

Right now,right here there is a 4 cyl class racing less than 20 minutes away from where you live.It might not be the rules or defination of the type of car you prefer but it is real.With all your resorses and talent all 3 of you could put together an inexpensive car to be a part of this deal.In fact you could get friends and family to get involved also and bring back fun in racing.Im not talking about giving up your current endavors,mearly adding to them.You can acomplish more from the inside than from the outside.Theres a better chance to get a pro 4 class or more entries to Pro Sedans from a successful Sat nite division than a paltry one.You guys can be active as drivers while promoting your class.The local class can benifit from your knowlege and experience.Its a win,win deal.If you really want more cars,start where they already are.Even when I raced modifieds I had a Thunder car to have fun with.I could also get a feeling for the track before the big car race.But mostly because I love to drive.If I was you guys I would have a Thunder car along with my expensive car for the nites the expensive car is not racing.Forget the politics,just have fun.Look at where this forum is: its CC Speedway.You want something from them,give something to them.Support your local class.Your really lucky to have them close by.What could it hurt???????????????

thumper, we had a pretty good class of 4cyl's in 2000 right here at cc speedway, and it was growing until you convinced someone that we were "going too fast" and took most of the racing parts off of the racing cars. the thunder class is an important class, were putting my 14 year old nephew in one next year, but not everyone wants to be driving that class thirty years into their racing career. Maybe the "cants and donts" are contageous and maybe your "views" are antiproductive for the future. With all of your experience you should know that "promoting" the young blood to take a challenge is crucial for the future of local stock car racing. I remember when the ministock rules were "squashed" and rewritten to make it "cheaper. Correct me if im wrong but you had a lot to do with that. Anyway your vision was that the class would build up and be a "populated" class. I dont think that ever really happened. I remember 20+ cars at a time before that. Last weekend there were 4. now im not saying that the class isnt fun, but i think it is used as a "learning" class for most local racetracks. I know we learned a whole lot the 2 years we raced in it(and thesuccess we had after that would not have been possible without it). i got to know some of our local thunder drivers, their crews and their families over the last few months and i promise you most of them will "move up" in the next couple of years. It might not be to a pro4 but they will move up. They have too much passion not to.

To clarify, there is a difference between "wishing" and actually doing it. The difference is action.

We really dont want the "old" outlaw mini class to thrive at cc or we would have brought their rules back. We want hot,new,fresh,fast cars!!!!!!!!!!! Or atleast thats what the fans have been saying they want.

your "california concept" is plausible and even sounds good but you forgot to mention that it cost more to live in california. thats why they pay more. No different than Austin, TX.

GB, your passion for thundercars is great too. Looking forward to seeing you support it on the 23rd.

haveing a tough time this year isnt why i would call it quits .that would never be a factor . not meeting our goal of a championship .would not be a big lost for us . i would say not winning a race would be harder i have shiffted my goal to that . lalo fare win .not someone holding back lol ..but it still wont be that big of a disapointment . though we did consider finishing second at kyle a little win the car ran all laps with out a miss lol .the feature thats another story ... .. . we should have won some .but things happen ...yes gb i agree if we were to go back and race thunders for fun .it would and could be one heck of a class . not that it isnt ....we could teach the new drivers a thing or two maybe .... the slowing down next year is.... i want to do something different than what i have been doing for so long ..i need to go see more of my sons baseball games i have missed alot of those over the years cuz of race cars ..the cost of racen has really gotten high ..and so many other little things that go with racen ..i dont have the drive as much as i used to ..i wait to the next race comes up before i get the car readyand so on .. . anyway wont be totaly away from racen ..just will cut back thats all ..and knowing jessie .that harley is calling him ..

Archived