Teching Limited Mod

Cross Worth

Last year, the driver of the #10 was pretty hard to beat as well, laying down numerous feature wins. Same scenario developed that no one believed he could be that good. Different things teched in that class at different events. So, he won again, and the track tech staff pulled him in, tore him down, and in an unprecedented move, invited at least three other top drivers over to observe the tech review. That is not normal practice to allow other teams in the tech area, but the owner talked it over with the driver as the track owner felt that was important to have the other competitors on this particular tear down. The driver agreed. Everything passed with the concurrence of the other driver's.

Now..., I understand that was last year, but just providing that as an illustration.

I personally capture all information I gather off of this forum and from phone calls I receive. I organize the information for our meeting between events. Of course, we have to sort through simple venting and valid suggestions and concerns. In this old dirt track game we all find something that wasn't right for our particular situation at one time or another. I take the information I've collected to the owner as part of our meeting agenda before each next event. Many times a driver comes back to me and says, hey they did better with this or that which I (driver) brought up. And sometimes not. Just want everyone to know that we do read, we do listen, I make notes and we actually go over the material provided. This topic along with all other I've collected will be reviewed before our Aug 2nd event.

Thx - Monty

he could probably beat half the guys there with thier own cars, there are alot of guys who race and dominate at their home tracks, and then there's alot of people who complain but don't take the time to "work" on their cars and i'm not talking just change the oil. as long as there teching cars and continue to do so everyone should keep trying to get faster .....JMO

How many of you would like to see the #10 car get tore down that car car won ever race this year just about . I think it about time for them to do something about it . Weather it be motor ,transmission, rear end, suspension. Let me hear what you have to say. They may get more cars over there if they get that 10 car on the same playing field as every one else.

I hear what your saying, and I have heard similar comments about the same team before, and before you get it all twisted up, that team and I are acquaintances not good friends, but I do respect them. They have been tech'ed in Corpus, Houston, Motorama, Willis, Edna, and 105 (that I know of) and the only time I have seen them not pass tech was in Corpus, and it was over .135 too thick of a carb. base gasket and one other team made the same mistake. For the past four years I have watched Aaron run modifieds and limiteds and he is always near the lead. The guy is super smooth and can drive the wheels off the car, or not drive the wheels off the car may be the more appropriate saying. He can be beat though, ask Vince Louden, Mickey Helms, Paul White, or John O Whittington just to name a few. I am going to say something else here, and I don’t want you getting pissed about it, it is just some friendly advice. If you would like to address something like this in the future it would make you look better and be more effective to do it in person or privately with the track officials. Otherwise it looks like sour grapes. I look forward to new cars and competition that race clean at our (not that I own anything at the track) humble little tight track. I want to beat him too…..lol, but not by DQ.

Aaron has been driving dirt cars for a long time and is very talented. Changing the way the cars are lined up for the feature would at least make him have to work harder. I am not saying go IMCA because that is a whole different topic but the way they line cars up for the features does add to the number of cars with a chance to win. Higher point average cars start a little further back. Aaron would be starting the feature in the 10 -12 position. That would be fun to watch.

Most tracks have a protest rule. Put up the money, but I'm telling you, Aaron will be a few hundred dollars richer and you will feel like an idiot.

He is a very smooth consistent driver who quickly finds the fastest line in the track and sticks to it. He can be beat and I do agree with inverting the field some.

Have the winner of the first limited heat race reach in a hat and draw either a 4,6,8 or 10 to invert the feature. It would give others a little more oppurtunity to at least lead a feature, something tells me Aaron will still win his share of races though.

He is a very smooth consistent driver who quickly finds the fastest line in the track and sticks to it.

the Shrimper hit the nail square on the head! Watch Aaron at any track he goes to. Like VL, I've seen Aaron run at Texana, STS, GTR, and HRP. He is one of those drivers with that rare and unique talent to quickly find the fastest line at any track and make his car work on that line. And, flattire is right that he could beat most folks in their own car. As a matter of fact I've seen several occasions where Aaron's taken someone's car for a few laps to help them figure out handling problems. I'm sure he'd also be happy to help someone with improving their ability to compete by placing them in one of those fine Rush chassis cars.

On a more serious note, I want to send my sincere deepest sympathy to Aaron, Kurt, and the entire family on the loss of Aaron's sister (Kurt's daughter) a few days ago. The Hugeons' family is in my thoughts and prayers.

I was away from the computer when Cross Worth made his first post on TXSZ - a bitch about a racer.

Thankfully this thread turned the tables on the complaining party and someone (thanks vl racing) made a great suggestion that complaints should be taken up with the proper individuals and not aired in public forums.

So.. in spite of the fact that the opening post should have been edited or removed entirely, I am letting this thread stand.

However, Cross Worth, please read your PM.

Nick

How many of you would like to see the #10 car get tore down that car car won ever race this year just about . I think it about time for them to do something about it . Weather it be motor ,transmission, rear end, suspension. Let me hear what you have to say. They may get more cars over there if they get that 10 car on the same playing field as every one else.

Are you a racer or a fan?? If youre a fan get a car and beat him on the track.If you a racer;spend more time on your car instead of the computer

thxs

Archived