Bill Waller Racing update, Devils Bowl Sweep 7/12/08

rebelracewriter

Clean Sweep for Team Waller

What a great night for the Waller Racing team!!

Wild Bill wins both heat and feature!!

First clean sweep in 13 years since mini-stock racing days.

I wish everyone could have been there because we totally checked out on them winning the heat race from the pole position. At the end, we had a half a straightaway lead on the rest of the field.

The track actually held together until about the first feature race before it started drying out. Once it started to go dry, it went fast. Within one race, only a cushion remained to get traction on.

After the heat race win, we started the feature race on the outside of the front row. The polesitter actually got the jump on me by about a foot or two, but I had better traction. I stood on the gas and never lifted. By about lap 8, I had worked up a half a straightaway lead when the caution came out for a slowing car. I had no idea how big of a lead I had just lost. On the restart, I waited until the last moment and then leaned on the cushion. I was worried about somebody doing a slidejob on me going into turns one and two.

Again I built up a half a straightaway lead by lap 13. I saw the 2 to go and I was coming around to take the white flag lap and instead I got a caution. Somebody must have blown a motor because there was a burning smell and lots of smoke. Again I was worried about the slidejob. When would this race be over!!??

I executed the same kind of restart and hit turns one and two pretty hard. I didn't see or hear any other cars around me. By lap 15, I had built up about a quarter straightaway lead. It was over and I had won!!

Thanks to all my sponsors.. You guys are the greatest because you support local dirt track racing!

Lubrication Engineers

Pro Racer Supply

Kay's Magic Quilting

Duke's Tree Service

Woods Outdoor Sports Guide

Denso Aftermarket

Smith Brothers Pushrods

Super Shox

Bell Helmets

Bardahl

Dedweb Designs

Archived