cody smith?

MUmscheid 51

5K Motorsports announces changes in ASA Late Model Team. Driver change creates an open seat for top team from Slinger, Wisconsin.Posted July 9th, 2008

By 5K Motorsports / High Groove Marketing

Slinger, Wisconsin (Wednesday, July 9, 2008): One of the ASA Late Model Series top teams announced today that LaVernia, Texas developmental driver, Cody Smith and the team have parted ways following this past weekends race at Odessa, Missouri.

The announcement was made by 5K Motorsports Team owner Ken Wills at the team headquarters near Slinger, Wisconsin.

Smith began his driver development program with 5K Motorsports in late 2007 competing in four ASA Late Model Series Southern Division events and has competed in the four events of the ASA Late Model Series Northern Division in 2008.

“We wish Cody all the best of luck as he pursues other opportunities in his racing career” stated Ken Wills.

5K Motorsports has presented three teams and their respective drivers in “Americas Premier Short Track Series” in 2008 and will now be seeking a replacement for Smith.

When asked about the open seat, Ken Wills stated; “We will be talking to interested drivers this week and evaluating who will best fit the situation and the opportunity.

The 5K Motorsports team is located near Slinger, Wisconsin and can be reached at: 1 (262) 388-0293.

This entry was posted on Wednesday, July 9th, 2008 at 12:00 pm.

To my understanding, the main reason for this change is due to greater opportunities that have come knocking on the door, B) (ASA South, Challenge, South East; ARCA; Busch East Series; Craftsman Truck Series). 5K Motorsports is a very good organization, but a business decision needed to be made when looking at Cody's future career in racing. Cody would like to race at least 3 times per month to increase his exposure. I would definitely look for him to be racing in the ASA South Series from now until the end of the season, but I wouldn't count him out on racing other "higher up" series races.

My pappy always said,"Do it right or don't do it at all." Some people only get one shot, so you'd better make it count!

Who knows, you may see him in the big leagues one day.

tq,

nobody said he got dumoed. either way if he dumped his team or if they dumped him( not likely with his finishes), it is hard to overcome that in the middle of the season. they obviously have good communication together on that team between driver and crew. a different organization may take a little time to get used too. you never know they could come out of the box and win right away, but they have a lot of hard work ahead of them.

i didnt begin this thread as a negative just curious since they have been pretty good so far.

Cody didn't get dumped. His ability to drive and pass not just on the inside, but also on the outside has impressed other team owners especially at the O'Reily's Motorsports Park, Madison Wisconsin, and I-70 Speedway.

I heard that cody will be at Thunder Hill this weekend to watch his brother race in the Thunder Stocks. Maybe I can get an autograph from cody to keep just in case he makes it big, (its' worth a shot).

post-6037-1215781352_thumb.jpg

You can get the pic right off here. Put your cursor on the pic. Right click it. Download it to you photo file by clicking on "Save Picture As". Name the pic for your file. Then you can go into your photo file. Select it and print it out on your printer.

I talked to Cody last night and he told me that he has a few weeks off so he's going to bring his TSRS car out on the 26th. He had his Thunder Stock car out last night and his brother, Jeff, was driving. I'd like to add that Jeff did an awesome job coming from almost last up to third only to have the power steering pump fail, he finished 5th.

hey mastmind where did u get that picture i would like to have one so when i see him i can get his autograph

Cody, do you often talk to yourself in public? ;)

Just messin' with you. Good luck on your future endeavors.

Archived