rebelracewriter

IMCA rules except:

No motor claim

Bert and Brinn transmissions allowed

5-inch total spoilers allowed

American Racer G-60 tires only

Aluminum heads allowed, if running aluminum head, must bolt on 50 pounds in

front of engine plate.

There is now an active link to more info on the TMS Webisite. I tried to download it, but when it was finished, it disappeared.?????????

MARC, JASON, HELP!!!!!!!:huh::blink::(

Dennis, can't truely answer that, I'd "guess" whoever made up the rules felt that 25# wasn't enough vs. cast heads. I can't tell you who even came up with the rules package either, though I know Terry Dickerson from Lone Star Speedway was the promoter involved in getting the modifieds to run with the WoO the past couple years. You might try to contact him and ask.

Does that extra 25# really make that much difference if you hang 25# on each side?

Just out of curiosity, can you look at the McAllen finish and tell who were probably running aluminum heads and how the guys with cast heads faired against them at a 25# difference?

This is only speculation, but a friend of mine, who only runs the big money races in the midwest, tells me many of the midwest mods are running SB2.2 motors (800hp) at tracks where there is no claim. It could be that the promotors felt 25 lbs wasn't enough to overcome that motor. 50lbs in front of the motor plate is a rear percentage killer no matter how you divide it up (no 65% rear weight percentages without going way over 2550lbs).

I just need a lighter car, i am already close to 2500 and only have 30lbs of lead in the rear , Man im gonna have more than that hanging off the frt. now LOL . anyway maybe i can scrap that heavy bell hsg . oh well i will still go since its in my backyard.

Reb you coming to cowtown ? Cya D.

hray 65% I wish i had 60 LOL

Dennis, Here's the official Press Release I got today. It has a contact number for Ronnie Bagley in regards to modified rules.

Texas Motor Speedway Media Relations, (817) 215-8520

Gary Guehler

-- For Immediate Release

PRO-CUTS TEXAS WORLD DIRT TRACK CHAMPIONSHIP INFORMATION ONLINE

FORT WORTH-DALLAS (January 15, 2004) – Complete details about the inaugural Pro-Cuts Texas World Dirt Track Championship for modifieds and the O’Reilly SUPR late models March 5-6 at the Texas Motor Speedway Dirt Track are now available online.

Full details of the unique weekend are available on the speedway website, www.texasmotorspeedway.com under the “Speedway Spotlight” section of the home page. Information on the weekend is also available by calling the event hotline at (817) 255-6025.

Fans can obtain two free tickets to one night of the weekend action by purchasing $15 in haircuts and/or haircare products at Fort Worth-Dallas area Pro-Cuts locations beginning in February.

The weekend will be highlighted by Saturday night’s modified and O’Reilly SUPR late model features. The modified headliner will offer $2,500 to win and $500 to start. Starters in Saturday’s modified last chance race that do not move on to the feature will earn at least $150 each.

The O’Reilly SUPR late models will battle for $2,500 to win and $400 to start Saturday night. Friday’s SUPR feature will offer $1,250 to the winner with $200 to start.

Rules for the modified portion of the Pro-Cuts Texas World Dirt Track Championship will be based on current IMCA regulations with some exceptions. There will be no motor claims during the weekend, five-inch total rear spoilers will be allowed, American Racer G-60 tires only will be allowed and aluminum heads will be permitted with 50 pounds of weight in front of the car’s engine plate.

More information about the weekend’s modified rules is available by calling Ronnie Bagley at (903) 576-4102 Monday to Friday from 6 to 8 p.m. Central time.

# # #

Lege,

Some of these new dirt chassis are unbelievable. My friend has 2 cars. 1 is an Action Chassis and the other is some chassis built in Okla (can't remember the name). Both cars are very lite - he weighs about 180 lbs and has to put in 300 lbs of lead so that must make the car about 2000 lbs. 65% static rear is obtainable, but the most amazing thing is the amount of body roll and rear steer. The Action car has his "small" motor, a 434 CID alum headed SB Chevy(750 hp), the other car has his SB2.2 (800 plus hp). Guys like him may be the reason for the 50 lbs.

There's alot of people runnung 18 degree engines in the mods and getting them hooked up Hray i agree with you 50 LBS. to much . I know Ronnie i will give him a call and find out what the reason is for the 50LBS.This is going to be one great race to bad it is the same weekend as the CC race opening the season on asphalt oh well another mistake for the asphalt guys

Archived