Bill Waller Racing Update

Hey Race Fan,

All of you should know now that we are back racing and displaying the car.

I have to recount, but I think we are at 8 car displays this year so far.

Saturday Night was Hot and Dry. The track held together for the heat race, but went away by the time the feature race started. We started on the pole for the heat race. I got the jump and led the race up until I hit a slick spot and the car turned sideways coming out of turn two. I saved it and ran down the inside berm, but by that time, I had dropped to second.

For the feature, we started again on the pole. That is a bad place to be because if there is any traction left, it will be up around the top groove. Since I set the pace for the start of the race, I tried to get as low as possible and find some traction to allow me to roll into the throttle and not break the tires loose.

I was pinched on the bottom for two laps and dropped down to third before I could move high and get on the top groove. Once there, we were running pretty well and I noticed my nose wing was crooked. That lasted for about a lap then it flapped back up in front of the hood scoop and stayed there. I drove the rest of the race without a nose wing and I could feel the difference.

I couldn't see down the back straight and I kept straining to lift my head higher. When I returned into the pits, my crewchief told me the reason why. I was doing a wheelie down the back straight. Fans told me they could see the left front wheel stop turning as it was just dangling in the air. So we held it together and finished fourth.

I don't know why the wing tore up. It just pulled the rivets out of both front mounts. I have a spare for next week and will probably fix this one and use it as a spare.

Thanks to all our sponsors..

Lubrication Engineers

Kay's Magic Quilting

Pro Racer Supply

Duke's Tree Service

Woods Outdoor Sports Guide

Denso Aftermarket

Smith Bros Pushrods

Super Shox

Bardahl

Bell Helmets

Archived