One more thanks to some people!

toyman85

Just wanted to express my thanks also to Terry for his transmission out of his 01 SS after my tranny took a hike in hot laps. And unfortunetly Terry's motor went south in the same session. So without thinking twice, Terry offered his tranny and we did a swap. If that isn't total unselfishness, I don't know what is. (I'm second in points and Terry is third remember).

And to top it all off, Chase and Cary (who is first in points) came over to help us do the swap. They cawled under the cars the wrenches "started flying". There isn't a better bunch of people I've ever raced with than the ones here at THR. Again, thanks to everyone that helped and when the favor needs to be returned, I'll be there. D.

It's been my experience over the past 40+ years of racing that 95% of the people in racing would give you the shirt off their back if they thought you needed it worse than them... It just so happens tha Mr. Toyne mentions two who exemplify this attitude to the fullest.

That's the only reason I keep doing what I do and the reason why Mary Ann and anybody else who is loosing their butt trying to keep racing alive in Central/South Texas do what they do.

But.. and there's always a butt, right? But, there is that 5% who just are in it for reasons that only they and their Maker know for sure. They bitch about anything and everything. They are always right and you are always wrong. And if you try to treat them right, they crap all over you anyway. We all know who they are. We try to be nice to them, but they just don't get it.

That's why I admire people like the the Stapp family and Terry Tschoerner so much. If they bitch, they bitch to the person who needs bitchen .. they don't get on a website and make their case so they look good and everyone else looks bad.

Anyway, it sure does my old-fart heart good to hear stories like the one Mr. Toyne just shared with us. I love racing!

Nick

And thats the comorodery that i miss the most!.... When i was at the track it was like a family... everywhere you went! need this/need that, ask... someone's got it and most wouldnt think twice about loaning it out....

-Shawn

Archived