Rain-Out Decisions - Please Read

TRP

If you are a driver who reads this forum and know other drivers who left when it started raining and they may not read this forum, please share this information with them because they will have a pay envelope at the track.

All heat races were completed, and mini-stocks were staging to race when the rain came, thus they were not able to enter the track. So, no feature races were conducted. Once it was determined that too much rain had fallen we met with the remaining drivers in a group format. Several were still at the track. The following decision was made with input from drivers and was made to be as fair as possible to everyone.

Points: With all heats completed, points will be awarded for the heats. No points awarded for features as none commenced.

Payout: The entire purse for each class as it would have been paid based on the number of entries for a given class was calculated. Then the total purse for each class was divided equally among all competitors registered for the night in that class, with exception of limited modifieds. See note below for Limiteds. For example, there were 18 Bombers and each Bomber entry for the night received $62 back for being in their heat race as no feature races were able to take place.

Limited Mofied purse was calculated for the 18 entries in that class. Then half of the $2000 extra (or $1,000) was added on top of that. The total was divided equally among 18, which basically equated to approx $170 per entry. This worked out pretty good as it was higher than the the worst case start money. The other $1,000 will be added with the planned $1,000 for Limited Modifieds on July 4th, making it $2,000 extra in the purse for Limiteds Modifieds on July 4th.

With all heats completed and the purse paid, there will not be a make-up for this event.

Drivers who remained at the track received their pay envelopes. If a driver had already left, their pay envelope will be at the track to pick up on their next event either July 4th or July 5th. If a driver was visiting and will not make it back in the near future, we can mail the pay envelope. Main point is that everyone who entered for the night, gets paid.

We believe this was the best solution for the hand dealt. We discussed this with all of the remaining drivers and a group concensus was utilized. Many drivers traveled from long distances and for some it was a one time visit so this was the best decision, with most all drivers taking more back home than they paid.

Again, if you were gone before the pay envelopes were prepared, yours will be available on July 4th & 5th. If you will not be back in the near future, we can mail your envelope to you.

Bruce made the statement very similar to the situation on opening night, "I would have paid this out if all of the features had run, so this is the right thing to do for the drivers".

Thank you everyone who was at the track for your patience and your input. That was a very wicked storm on radar and it caused quite a bit of damage in west Wharton County. Fortunately it lessened in intensity when it hit Edna although I heard a funnel cloud touched down nearby. But, still enough rain that the night had to be cut short.

We'll be posting a lot of information concerning the July 4th show very soon.

Just want to say,VERY NICE facility!

Thx. The owner has poured a lot of money into it in the last 4 years. Lot of good things that help us put on a good show in the form of the teams, crews and the staff. All cobined make for a good program. Thanks for coming over and hope you'll be able to make it back on the 4th or 5th or both!

-Monty

The thing that impresses me the most about the whole deal is, during a heavy down pour with winds whipping, and lightning all around, Bruce and Monty huddled everyone that remained under the awning of the concession stand and flat out said, and this is a quote" hey guys and gals I want yall to help me decide what to do, I want what right for yall and what’s fair" he presented some suggestions and a decision was forged. I have been at a couple of events where the only thing that the drivers got was the shaft and a wimpy excuse saying "I didn’t make the rain" and then run off with the purse and pit money.

My hats off to Bruce, Monty, and the entire Texana staff. Now that’s the way a track should take care of its entertainers, folks!!!

I wish there were a way to discount the admission tickets for those fans that had to hit deck during the lighting and didn’t get to see the feature races though.....thinking out loud.

Texana looks at everything as an opportunity. They have made the most of all the opportunities presented to them. They have been able to take bad situtations and spin them into yet again proving who they are and what they represent. These are the kind of promoters you want to race for! See you in two weeks.

the way bruce keeps the drivers involved is one of the main reasons i pull the car over 100 miles to go race.

now if i can just get over this flu or whatever it is i can get the car ready.

The thing that impresses me the most about the whole deal is, during a heavy down pour with winds whipping, and lightning all around, Bruce and Monty huddled everyone that remained under the awning of the concession stand and flat out said, and this is a quote" hey guys and gals I want yall to help me decide what to do, I want what right for yall and what’s fair" he presented some suggestions and a decision was forged. I have been at a couple of events where the only thing that the drivers got was the shaft and a wimpy excuse saying "I didn’t make the rain" and then run off with the purse and pit money.

My hats off to Bruce, Monty, and the entire Texana staff. Now that’s the way a track should take care of its entertainers, folks!!!

I wish there were a way to discount the admission tickets for those fans that had to hit deck during the lighting and didn’t get to see the feature races though.....thinking out loud.

Me being a new racer to the park agrees. In the other hand the park does do things for us racers, so why can't we give back to the Park. Since it rained too much to see the features I agree with something about admission tickets. Why cant us racers an whoever wants to help with getting the Grand Stands Covered, the PIT STANDS to when if it does rain but not enough to cancel the races the Fans can still sit in the Grand Stands without getting wet, still watch the races. Just a suggestion for the fans. If you disagree with this thats fine.

Ill make donations to be able to see fans watch a full race under a covered area. Make small donations, or large donations.

Monty, TRP if you fill comfortable with something like this please feel free to Post about this suggestion. If you want you can have a donation box for it each event till there is enough to be able to produce a covered area for the fans.

Thanks

Robert

#52 Hobby stock/ Bomber

Me being a new racer to the park agrees. In the other hand the park does do things for us racers........

........Ill make donations to be able to see fans watch a full race under a covered area. Make small donations, or large donations.

Monty, TRP if you fill comfortable with something like this please feel free to Post about this suggestion. If you want you can have a donation box for it each event till there is enough to be able to produce a covered area for the fans.

Thanks

Robert

#52 Hobby stock/ Bomber

Robert - Generally speaking, if we have a situation like we did on June 7th where we were able to recover from the rain shower, the stands stayed the same with the fan count. In the case of June 21st, everyone was running for cover outside of the facility. But, look me up at the next event you attend and we can discuss more on your ideas.

IT WILL BE THE 19TH MAY BE GOING TO TRP OR 105 NOT SURE YET. IF I DO COME THERE TO TRP ILL LOOK FOR YA

Don't feel bad josh Im out here 20 miles offshore and cant even get to watch a race. LOL i have to count on YOUTUBE to watch old races LOL

We will be racing at Texana on the 19th Robert

Ya Thanks on that note there Gary. See if I do better this time since last trip to Edna didnt go so well.

Archived