Colt James looking to win ASALM 100 at New Smyrna

Colt James heads to Florida with only a win on his mind in the "Florida 100 Presented by Crane Cams"

By Colt James Motorsports / M.P.H. Promotions

Troutman, NC (June 19, 2008) - Buda, Texas driver, Colt James, who now calls Troutman, North Carolina home, has had a very good 2008 racing season so far in the ASA Late Model Series Southern Division.

After all, James hasn't finished worse than fourth in three ASALMS South races so far. He's done that twice to go with a season high second place in the Georgia Showdown 100 at New Senoia Raceway back on April 19th. One would think that would be good enough to lead the season long points chase by a very good margin.

But that's not the case thanks to Jimmy Lang's three straight feature wins to start the 2008 campaign down South. Still though the 25-year-old Texan knows it's only a matter of time before he finds victory lane in the ASALMS Southern Division.

That next chance comes this Saturday, June 21, 2008 as the ASALMS Southern Division returns from a five-week vacation and will invade the home of Florida Speedweeks, New Smyrna Speedway in Samsula, Florida for the fourth race of the season, the Florida 100 Presented by Crane Cams.

"'I'm really excited to go to New Smyrna. It has a lot of history and looks like a fast track. My mom and sister both have Birthdays this week so hopefully we can pull the win off for them," stated James as he prepares for his first race in over a month and a half.

Heading into the New Smyrna event, James is solidly in second place in the season long points chase and is 62 markers back of Lang in the chase for the 2008 ASALMS Southern Division Championship (591-529). He

also leads current Rookie of the Year Points Leader, David Odell by 20 points for that second spot.

"It seems like it's been forever since we last raced so hopefully we can come out of there with a solid finish and compete for a win," he continued. "I've really got thank my Mom and Dad for all their support, my wife Elisha, David Umsheid and my good friend Jamie Hazelwood for all his hard work."

"In addition, I have to thank the sponsors who make all of this possible; Magnum Trailers, Umsheid Race Services, Robert Hamke Race Cars, Day Motorsports and M.P.H. Promotions," he added appreciatively.

In James' last race, the Watermelon Bowl 100 at Watermelon Capital Speedway back on May 10th, James scored a solid fourth place finish after winning his first ARP Bodies / Aluminum Racing Products Fast Qualifier Award of the season.

"Watermelon was a really good weekend for the team. We struggled very badly there a couple years ago so to get the pole and finish fourth was a pretty good weekend for the team," he continued.

"I made the mistake of loosening the car up to much after practice and once we were about 40 laps into the race and the grip was going away on the tires it just got really loose and made it hard to pass anyone with it being that free," James ended.

For the remainder of the 2008 racing season, James will race his Ford Fusion with sponsorship from Magnum Trailers, as well as Wells Cargo, Day Motorsports, Umsheid Race Services, Aero Race Wheels, Robert Hamke Race Cars, M.P.H. Promotions, and Colt James Motorsports.

To learn more about Colt James Motorsports and to inquire about sponsorship opportunities for the remainder of the 2008 racing season, please e-mail the team at coltjames15@yahoo.com.

You can also long onto the teams website by going to http://www.coltjamesmotorsports.com.

post-3-1213885977_thumb.jpg

(Chuck Gonzalez Photo)