In Need of a Race Track

kamosel

I know that this might sound funny to some, but has anybody heard of a good track to go to around the Tampa, Florida area that has weekly racing? I have looked and looked but to no avail. I am having withdrawls not being able to see racing at its best. Being away from home really puts a damper on your racing, and being able to watch your favorite driver run his heart out. So if anyone can help I would be greatful. Thanks.

P.S. C.E. if you are going to race this weekend in Houston, Good Luck and go kick some a**, remember we are cheering for you always. Miss you bunches.

There are plenty of tracks within a couple hours of the bay area. Of Course East Bay Raceway Park is the closest just down Hwy 41 in Gibsonton. BTW the backdrop at East Bay is not a dump its a Gypsum Pile from the Phosfate plant across the street.

There is also

Sunshine Dragway - St Pete

Auburndale Speedway

Desoto Speedway _ Bradenton

Desoto Dragway - Bradenton

USA International Speedway - lakeland - Special Events only

Charlotte County Motorsport Park - Punta Gorda

Ocala Speedway

Citrus County Speedway - Inverness

Bronson Motor Speedway - Bronson

All of these track put on a pretty good show, just depends on if you like Drags, Dirt or Asphalt racing.

Hope this helps

Rick Day

Thanks a bunch for the information and the websites, we will definately try some of them out since we are here for another month. Again thank you for all the information is was very useful.

Don't forget Sunshine speedway in Clearwater 1/4 Mile semi banked asphalt. They used to run figure eights too. I could sit at my moms and listen to the cars racing. :ph34r::ph34r:

I have checked into the Sunshine Speedway and the only one with that name is closed. But sounded like a fun track.

Sunshine Speedway did close about 3 years ago, it was one of the finest short tracks in Florida. I worked at Sunshine for over 12 years. It feature 7 divisions of racing with 3 classes of figure 8 racing, 240 avg cars a night.

As for Bronson Motor Speedway, it must have been a long time since going there. Mike Cope bought the place about 5 years ago and totally remodeled it with new asphalt, a figure 8 track and retaining walls. Nice race track to visit.

Rick

Sunshine Speedway did close about 3 years ago, it was one of the finest short tracks in Florida. I worked at Sunshine for over 12 years. It feature 7 divisions of racing with 3 classes of figure 8 racing, 240 avg cars a night.

As for Bronson Motor Speedway, it must have been a long time since going there. Mike Cope bought the place about 5 years ago and totally remodeled it with new asphalt, a figure 8 track and retaining walls. Nice race track to visit.

Rick

We raced there May10th in the ASA SAT and it was terrible.If that surface is only 5years old,Cope needs to ask for a refund. :D:lol: