HELP .

HiTech

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT WOULD BE THE BEST WAY TO REPAIR OUR SLICKS .. WE HAVE TWO TIRES ONE ON BOTH CARS .THAT HAVE SMALL LEAKS FROM ROCKS AT OUR LAST RACE SATERDAY ... .. THESE TIRES ONLY HAVE ONE NIGHT ON THEM .AT 114 DALLORS HATE TO THROW THEM AWAY ..LIKE TO KNOW SOME OF YOUR SECRETS IF YOU HAVE SOME ...THOUGHT ABOULT A HOT PATCH ...

Try filling them with concrete.lol

well now i just may try that and then we can try them on the side of your backup car .. head lines would read .one car destroyed last week hitting a mustang ..the back up destroyed .buy tire ..from a smaller mustang .called a pinto ..lol .. are you game hell our car is running so slow now .it cant hurt ..

I had a hot patch put on one of mine that only had one race on it and it has held so far.

tried that years ago with good years .i was thinking on going that way ...this last race up north punctured a small hole in two tires .after they came off the track steaming hot ..not good ..that hurts the back pocket .also had the same thing in march ..cant keep that up ..tires ran only 50 laps ..

I have the same problem....thinking about trying a tube...years age we used to have them vulcanized...but not even sure people still do this....

tried tubes way back when we ran good years ..tires got so hot . the tubes could not take it ..besides we run these tires on low pressure ... pinch ....thanks ..

If it helps we get alot of rocks through our tires at rrs and i vulcanize mine. Dont have any problems also tryed the patch didnt work.

thats where we puntured our tires ..hope they can fix that problem ... thats tough .. they do a fine job at that track thats just the only bad part there ..and costly ..both times we raced there that has been a garranty ..flat ..for our tires .....my son has cleaned aboult 25 pounds of rock from just one car so far . see yah in october .. with no flats i hope

I've repaired lots of slicks over the years. First, use a 4" hand grinder to prepare the area. Then apply your cold cement. Let dry. Use a PLUG-PATCH (combination of a plug and a patch). Roll the patch portion well. Then apply a latex sealer over the whole area (covering patch and grind area). The latex sealer comes in a bottle with a little brush applicator. The latex sealer prevents seapage.

that 25 pounds of rock was just from the right side though

now i know i have lost it when i dont even recognize my own son ..... i never looked at the avatar .jessie ...duh ..

I've repaired lots of slicks over the years. First, use a 4" hand grinder to prepare the area. Then apply your cold cement. Let dry. Use a PLUG-PATCH (combination of a plug and a patch). Roll the patch portion well. Then apply a latex sealer over the whole area (covering patch and grind area). The latex sealer comes in a bottle with a little brush applicator. The latex sealer prevents seapage.

thanks pacecar ill try that for sure ..

thats where we puntured our tires ..hope they can fix that problem ... thats tough .. they do a fine job at that track thats just the only bad part there ..and costly ..both times we raced there that has been a garranty ..flat ..for our tires .....my son has cleaned aboult 25 pounds of rock from just one car so far . see yah in october .. with no flats i hope

yea i think they have 2 more layers to put down in the pits then the top should be hard not rocks. good luck the rest of the year will see yah in october.

yea i think they have 2 more layers to put down in the pits then the top should be hard not rocks. good luck the rest of the year will see yah in october.

yep thats what i hear ...i know it cost money ..alot .for both ..anyway ill fix the tires i hope and we will be ready to come on back up in october i hope ..i like that track came to close to a win last week .just have toget this bug out hopefully i have found it now ...

.....my son has cleaned aboult 25 pounds of rock from just one car so far . see yah in october .. with no flats i hope

that 25 pounds of rock was just from the right side though

heck I've seen more come from between oldtimers ears than that.LOL :blink:

you should see all the stuff laying around the house that came out of them!! !! lol :o

Archived