another hot nite

thumper

Well it never seemed to cool off Sat nite.The action was just as hot.The old saying its beter to be lucky than good was what worked for Thumper.On the first lap of the feature someone broke something and layered the track in turn 3 with oil.It was syncrnised crashing into the wall.(still dont have spell check).As I started braking for the turn I saw everybody doing wierd things,wiggling and crashing and then I hit the oil and did it too.I hit the wall,then the car in front of me and then got hit from behind.I shut the engine off thinking it was over for me.Then just for fun I started the engine to see if it was going to overheat from a raidiator or fan issue.I backed up and drove over to an official to have him look at my suspension,the steering wheel was upside down.He said it looked OK and the wheels were not bent horribly so I decided to at least start again to get start money.The car drove really wierd,turn a little to the left and it wanted to jerk around,have to turn over half a turn to the right to straighten back out.The restart was still lap one so it was a long way to go.I started to get the rithym and started to pick up speed.About 10 laps in I started hearing tire pieces slapping the body and figgured the RF was comming apart so I started makind wide turns to not pinch it too hard.I could not imagine how a toe in could make it drive so scary.The race seemed to last 5 hours,all I could think of was when that RF blows Im in the wall.Apparently all the other cars had issues too because I managed to get in front.The new engine ran good although with less power.

Heres the luck part.Sunday I checked the car for damage.The RF lower control arm was buckled causing the toe in,about 2 inches.The front bumper and rear bumper are smashed into the body.The RF tire was worn out but not shredded.BUT THE RR WAS.When I hit the wall I bent the rear beam and knocked the RR toe 2 inches or more to toe out.Thats why the car was so darty in the turn.As the weight transfered to the RR,the RR took off to the wall.When it transfered back to the LR it went straight again.But the lucky part is,the body had also caved in and in the turn the RR was being cut up with the rear fender.The slapping rubber was the RR comming apart.Sunday morning the wire was sticking out all around and pieces of rubber were gone.One more lap and it would have blown out.So I must say I was the luckiest guy Sat.But Thumper needs a lot of repairs now.

The Super Street race also had a bad first lap and lost 2 cars.Im glad no one was seriously hurt although Mark V Jr was sore from his hard impact.I hope everyone can get fixed ok.

And a bright full moon driving home was pretty across the ranch at 2:30 AM

It does not look good.I keep finding things to fix.The LF wheel bearing is blown out,the water pump is bent and both side engine mounts are twisted out of shape.Still have to retorque the head and adjust valves.Got the intake stud fixed,front and rear suspension repaired but theres not enough time to finish everything and load up tomorrow nite.Im going to press in the new wheel bearing right now.Dont have new tires,will have to go back through the discards to find something.Should be 100% by next week.Youall be safe and I hope somebody wins. :)

It does not look good.I keep finding things to fix.The LF wheel bearing is blown out,the water pump is bent and both side engine mounts are twisted out of shape.Still have to retorque the head and adjust valves.Got the intake stud fixed,front and rear suspension repaired but theres not enough time to finish everything and load up tomorrow nite.Im going to press in the new wheel bearing right now.Dont have new tires,will have to go back through the discards to find something.Should be 100% by next week.Youall be safe and I hope somebody wins. :)

man gb that happend in one night ...and you still won the race ..you should be twice as fast next week ..everyone should stay home i quess .. ..lol whats going on out there .demo derby. everyone lose thier fruit loops or something ..to many torn up cars ...maybe we need to send you guys one of the drivers we race with ..he should fit right in .he likes to wreck cars ..and heck he wont even give you a kiss after he wrecks you ..or say sorry ...

OT I think the problem is the track is very fast and it gives you a false sense of security until you hit something.Then you realize how fast you are going.Some of the cars are not yet ready for these speeds but are getting improved weekly as are the newer drivers.We have many Kyle Bushes to whom patience is not part of the equasion.I think everyone in Thunders last week got damage fron that oil slick,I think the 27 got the worse deal.Most of the Thunder drivers are fairly new to CC Speedway but have a great attitude,mutual respect and can drive fast..The Super Streets have some new talent too and their cars are really fast now.Overall the racing is exciting.

Didnt you Pro Sedan guys have issues on your first lap at Red River too?I read you lost several front runners.Was that an oil slick too?Thats too far to go and crash.

nah the oil slick was from a certain driver who decided while on the pole to hit our beloved local driver and took out three very fast car.s all points leaders . all were purty darn torn up ..one was really bad .. one driver had his bell rung and is still sore ..just glad we were not involed other than to bump one torn up car ..i sure dont need to work on this car anymore with frame work ..just got this darn car to handle to where we have something again ..now i have to find that motor bug ..it would run two good laps and fall flat on its face .. checked all battery and power wires and they looked alittle worn out from 6 years of service ..so we will see ...i suppose i cant complain .we havent finished out of the top 5 all year for a bent car ..not that we did those top 5.s all by ourselfs ..anyway good luck ..i saw the races at cc two weeks ago ..most of those cars are purty close .so you know when that happens .things happen ...

Archived